Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259610 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1905 on: November 19, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »

Voting Yellow King

Will probably regret it though.
Thanks for the info Imp, was kinda unsure of what to pick before I saw that.

Thank you, Cain!  And everyone voting Yellow King.

I hope you won't regret it, but I know I won't.

I'm 100% committed to my choice, and I have noooo regrets
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 19, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

you guys are all mad to choose Yellow King.

Sleeper. He's a psychic squid, he has therefore much more connection to Great Cthulhu than Hast- The Yellow King.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 19, 2013, 11:37:37 pm »

you guys are all mad to choose Yellow King.

Sleeper. He's a psychic squid, he has therefore much more connection to Great Cthulhu than Hast- The Yellow King.

Depends on which mythology is being drawn upon.

The most recent mythology, you are (at least partially) correct - The King in Yellow has become more and more closely connected to thrice said death-name.  However - I'm not sure in most-modern useages that Cthulhu is the only sleeper, if not, there's absolutely no guarantee that sleeper means Cthulhu.

In all the other mythology uses of these terms, in all the deeper history they come from (and that's a lot of stuff)  Hast is distinct from the King in Yellow.  Almost all of the great old ones are sleepers.

However, at least you're not voting Conflag  :P  That one's the second vote leader I think.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 20, 2013, 12:49:39 am »

Jesus, I just read through of all of this, and I will say this is the best writing I have ever seen, I mean Jesus Christ, it's amazing!

Also, yellow king
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1909 on: November 20, 2013, 01:54:27 am »

You sir, should unmask.
"Indeed?"
Indeed it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
But You wear no mask, you wear no mask.

Weather the Storm

The submarine docks quietly. Everyone descends, but the last one to come out is Psysquid. His cheeks are sunken and his eyes sort-of void. He inclines his head to the side, his clothes looking centuries old and covered with a yellowish dust.
It strikes you as odd, if not a bit disquieting.
That's when his arms shift, to reveal that the tentacles surrounding his arms are no longer simply smooth and squid like.
They have razor-like talons and small teeth filled mouths that seem to moan and scream.
There's a chill in the air as a cold wind blows.
You gaze at him, and he gazes back.
"Your evilness," he says quietly, "I think I might have done a terrible thing."

Upgrade Unlocked!
Psysquid Ability!
The Feaster from Afar: tentacles tipped with razor-sharp talons that can pierce a victim's skull and siphon out the brain! +1.5 Destruction! +1.5 Control!
Negative side-effects: You'd like to know that now, uhuhuh

"Are you all right?" you ask softly.
"Ah...I suppose I could be better," he replies, his voice still offish. "But still...I can go back if I wish, I suppose..."

Area unlocked: Temple of the Forgotten Ones.
Interchangeable Upgrades available:
Yellow King: The Feaster from Afar
Nihilism: ?
Conflagration: ?
Sleeper: ?

"I see," you give him an awkward nod before moving closer. "You did a good job, Psysquid. Is there anything you need?" you ask, concern in your voice -he really looks out of it.
"Ah...You can pick up my EvilBay and Overlamazon tabs?"
You shrug. "We have the money."
"Thank you then, your evilness," and with that, he strolls off.
There is something extremely wrong with the picture. You can't seem to find what it is -maybe the tentacles keeping their 'mouths' pointed towards you?

Resources acquired! Volcano! Volcanic Stones!

"Basalt, Granite...Obsidian..." Gamington ticks off a few of the rocks from the submarine's docking bay. "And the volcano of course..." he turns thoughtful.
You give him a 'what is it?' look.
"Your evilness! We can make steel!" he exclaims, "Or well, something stronger than the general metal used for our troops I think! It's going to be awesome! Of course...we'd need to upgrade."
He turns thoughtful. "Yep, but we need to build an Underwater Mine (Volcanic Rocks) and Steelwork and that's...two upgrades. And then there's the Training grounds. I can't wait to try Combo-moves!"
You blink.
"Combo-moves," Gamington continues. "I think myself and Coghuahua have 'chemistry' so to speak. And maybe Chemista and Cerulean...or maybe you and I can try? I'm pretty sure Psysquid and Snowstar are basically moments away from simply discovering one themselves."
"Uh," you shrug. "Didn't think about that."

You are now in Downkeep.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 20, 2013, 02:16:12 am »

Oh boy, Psysquid is now an illithid. Can't wait to see the other upgrades and see the negative with the training room.

Build cogs.
Start to mutate the willing children.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 20, 2013, 02:21:14 am »

Mutate them with what?

Maybe with a snake, like we were going to do with the wrestler hero, that would be cool, or a kangaroo.

Maybe a spider, or a bee!
Alan help.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:37 am »

Oh boy, Psysquid is now an illithid. Can't wait to see the other upgrades and see the negative with the training room.

Build cogs.
Start to mutate the willing children.

Maybe make steel to make Game some upgrades, he isn't disposable like the rest, he deserves stronger metal.
-1 to mutating the children.
Priority is Psysqiud, will need to check for changes, mentally I mean. So he can change between them? That might be worth checking out once we are done with this one.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 20, 2013, 02:39:32 am »

Warning.  Going from one to the next -may- only interchange the 'bonus', without also interchanging the penalty.  The penalty for stuff like this typically continues to stack.

Lets let our Psisquid heal a bit.  We can't see the blood, but the first mind to get nibbled was surely his.  He's probably still in there, but lets make sure that he keeps spending more of our copious money in his mostly offscreen interests.  It's rather scary if rest doesn't restore his proclivities.

Edited to add - Psisquid may be able to 'take' others to the Temple.

It may not only be something just he can interchange, though it is possible that none of our forces (at this time) can reach that temple alone but him.  After a rest, lets ask him to explain what occurred for him, and then (if he tells us about the temple) what he thinks about if others could access it, with or without his help.  With his mind control skills (ours helping if needed), and if necessary a tentacle inserted into the target's occipital area - I'm pretty sure he could take someone to the temple, and even force them to be able to perceive the symbols as shapes with meaning.  Maybe even to survive and return from the transition.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:44:15 am by Imp »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 20, 2013, 02:47:29 am »

I'm good with that, that's a very good idea.
Alan help.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1915 on: November 20, 2013, 03:03:23 am »

Building Cogs: You can either build two more assault cogs or ??
Mutate children: You have thirty children. Mutate how many with what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Psysquid is lazily flipping through a page of...'fisherman today'.
"Uh...nice legs..." he murmurs offhandedly, before turning the page. "Nice skin...so smooth..."
You cough to get his attention. He stutters for a moment, shambling back up on his feet as he discards the magazine. Just so casually, the page remains open on a picture of squids on ice.
You don't know how to feel about that.
On one side, it's Psysquid.
On the other...Psysquid isn't like that.

"Are you all right?" you ask once more, "You look like somebody put you through a wringer."
"I feel mentally exhausted, your evilness," Psysquid replies. "Like...having just done some sort of long and complicated calculation that might or might not result and yet cannot be defined...I can't explain it more properly than that."
"You're all right though?"
"Well, not really...still tired and with a light headache but I'll manage that."
"What about your...tentacles?"
Psysquid brings up an eyebrow...well, a squid-brow. "What about them?"
"They have mouths...and talons, and I think they're eyeing me hungrily."
"Your evilness...are you sure? They've always been like that."
It's your turn to frown. "No, they haven't."
"Yes, they have." Psysquid insists.
You blink. "No."
"Yes. What next, you're going to tell me Cruelean is playing with children?"
"Cruelean?" you ask quietly.
"Yes," it's Psysquid's turn to be worried apparently, "are you feeling all right your evilness? I'm kind of wondering where your mad cackle went..."
"Mad cackle?" you splutter.
You close your eyes for a moment. "Hey, Psysquid...do you have any brothers, sisters, anything of the sort?"
"Of course I do," Psysquid grumbles. "My little sister should be aiding Lord Executron with collecting Mutagen samples."
You take a deep breath.
Now...how do you explain it!?
Negative Side Effect: That's not our Psysquid!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What do you do? Maybe you can fix this. Certainly. Probably.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 20, 2013, 03:24:39 am »

Mutate one child with gorloceros mutagen, one with boarphant mutagen, and one with Knighthowl mutagen. Only mutate the ones who are willing, though.

Give Psysquid to Chemista, so she may care *ahem* for him. Clearly there's brainwashing at work, we need to solve that.

Try and get the old Psysquid's shenanigans such as the bright blue spandex suit with "enhancements" as therapy tools, or the cougar magazines.

Build assault cogs.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:26:38 am by Naryar »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25:02 am »

Great, okay guess we should ask him and correct him on everything, learn his worlds version of events.
Hope our guy is doing alright over in this ones version, assuming he is also in another version.
Might learn something of use.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 20, 2013, 03:47:44 am »

"Your evilness," he says quietly, "I think I might have done a terrible thing."
"Ah...I suppose I could be better," he replies, his voice still offish. "But still...I can go back if I wish, I suppose..."

Alright.

So this Psysquid did something.  Maybe it involved going to the temple in whatever alternate reality he comes from.

Ask him what terrible thing he might have done.

Don't bother correcting him - yet.  We'll keep him if we must or if that's also possible.

Our Psisquid probably could use rescuing - sounds like our reality is a better fit for any and all of our minions.

But I'm not sure what this different Psysquid did was the Temple.  He claims to have always had the tentacles with mouths and talons.

This Psysquid probably did something else.

Ask him what he means about 'I can go back if I wish'

Tell him that we believe he has swapped into an alternate reality.  Forcefully tell him we wish there to be a swap back - or that he may -also- stay.  But that we want our original minion -back-.

However, Psysquid may indeed find he likes it here better than his previous reality.

This -is- acceptable to us.  Both may stay.  But we reclaim our own.  And we have not released Psisquid.

To gain a place in our service, Psysquid must fully cooperate in retrieving our Psisquid.  Or, this Psysquid may participate in swapping back with our Psisquid, with our blessing and no ill will - given that our Psisquid returns to our service.

But that there is no geometry acceptable which includes our Psisquid not returning to our service.  The lines will never be allowed to fall into place, the calculation will never settle into a defined point - if Our Will is not satisfied.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:51:37 am by Imp »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 20, 2013, 03:49:48 am »

Err, triple post.  Migraines are not my thing.  Oh and great.  Now I appear to be time traveling.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 213