Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259733 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1770 on: October 31, 2013, 07:31:44 pm »

Hmm, yes, mission 3 sounds too harcore, but mission 1 requires acuatic stuff, which we currently lack. We need water cogs. Or maybe we can start breeding another kind of acuatic monsters.

Another upgrading idea: fishing nets to capture wildlife.

Other subjects:

Fan as a fan: I thought that we wanted to make him a black knight.

Children and mutation: are we really going to use children soldiers? I don't like the idea. They are too young.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »

Honestly, I think Shadenight should start his own online course: "How to force people to make agonisingly difficult decisions in 5 easy steps".

We need more mooks after our new shoulder pet nuked them into oblivion in her past life, but we also need additional resources to make our mooks better in the long run, not to mention that overlord-slaying blade of legend that we really don't want Cheerie or the heroes using against us!

I propose that we do those 2 missions, sending everything poweful we have on one and then psysquid and some catfishes on another, and then say "fuck it" and upgrade our base and army for 2 turns straight. Oh, and I really do not want Mauve to go to hell again. But we so do need her firepower.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50:08 pm »

Children and mutation: are we really going to use children soldiers? I don't like the idea. They are too young.
This is why I want to 'apprentice' them to the Dark Advisors.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 31, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »

Gentlemen and ladies, I propose a radical idea: we list what we want to do next for easy comparison and then go off the game for about 4-5 hours to get our thoughts in order. We resemble politicians now, not forumites, if I may be so honest.

I would like to, in chronological order:
-Do missions 3 and 1
-Build 2 machinegun cogs
-Turn the fan into a paladin
-Check up on Charoline
-Spend the next 2 days upgrading the base and the army.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 31, 2013, 07:57:21 pm »

-Do missions 3 and 1
-Build 2 machinegun cogs
-Check up on Charoline

+1, bet we get missions we really would like to be able to to do on the next two days as well.
Edit: If that doesn't get enough support I'm suggesting the same but only mission 3 so we don't spread our limited resources too thin.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:59:27 pm by Cain12 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 31, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »

-Do missions 3 and 1
-Build 2 machinegun cogs
-Check up on Charoline

+1, bet we get missions we really would like to be able to to do on the next two days as well.
Edit: If that doesn't get enough support I'm suggesting the same but only mission 3 so we don't spread our limited resources too thin.
+1
But PLEASE can we assign those kids to the Dark Advisors? We do NOT need bored kids running around our base.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 31, 2013, 08:03:05 pm »

Fan becomes black knight I like better than fan becomes fan (silly me, I like fan becomes fan... there are other fans though, that can come later, mebby) because we need trooooooooops and black knights sound like better troops.

Children and mutation; ehh, I'm not crazy about the idea either. I just want troooooooooops again and do think that if we keep the kids we can find some ideal and unusual situations to use them in, which won't blow our standards at all (like after indoctrination, releasing many of them back into the world with our support and assistance to go achieve various goals and whatnot, they do look human and some of them have powers and whatnot).

This is why I want to 'apprentice' them to the Dark Advisors.
No objection to this.  Not a true +1, but better than my 'ehh, mutations anyone?' idea.

I'm getting partial to the idea of picking -anywhere-, any random place that should be easy to get to and just heading that way with one (or both) of the transports, with a medium amount of troops, our persuasive forces among them (like the succubae)  with the goal of acquiring people, period.  Go through a back alley or two, raid an apartment complex, collect a cleaning crew as they leave a finished job, empty out a homeless shelter...

Not any special place, not any planned place, just go out in a somewhat random direction and scout as we go, and pick somewhere we see that seems undefended, populated, and convenient, and catch as catch can for targets to mutate, cogify, sacrifice, and whatnot.

Is that dangerous because it bends/breaks the storyline too much, or is unreasonable for any other reason?  Part of my thinking is 'heck, it's a big world out there, they can't be watching every single streetcorner.... and our enemies (and the enemies of our enemies, who are also not our friends) apparently seem able to manipulate or monitor the mission acquisition system - how else could they set up ambushes that we -actually- might go on unless they're involved with or aware of mission selection somehow?

Gentlemen and ladies, I propose a radical idea: we list what we want to do next for easy comparison and then go off the game for about 4-5 hours to get our thoughts in order. We resemble politicians now, not forumites, if I may be so honest.

-Do missions 3 and 1
-Build 2 machinegun cogs
-Check up on Charoline

To sell me on this idea, at least the first part of it, you need to include who you intend to send on these missions, for me/us to agree with, propose modifications to, or reject.

I tentatively believe we lack the troops to fully staff both missions and I hate going out underpowered.  I'd say 'don't to the mission' before I vote for going on a mission I believe we're likely to fail.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 31, 2013, 08:18:49 pm »

Alright, Imp, mission details:

Mission 3: Us, Psysquid, Splintercog, all the dark minions except Mauve we have and all the cogs we have.
Mission 1: Gamington, 2 catfishes, Gorloceros, Snowstar and everything else we may have left.

If shit hits the fan, all the important people on the hardcore mission will be able to escape to safety. Remember, the only thing that can defeat us for good is The Hero.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:56 pm »

But PLEASE can we assign those kids to the Dark Advisors? We do NOT need bored kids running around our base.
Sure, they may as well try to become comfortable with our forces and learn to be productive little henchmen.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 31, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »

Also maybe we should give Chemista a schoolbus and have her take the kids on excursions to show them how evil the heroes are...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 31, 2013, 08:25:15 pm »

Alright, Imp, mission details:

Mission 3: Us, Psysquid, Splintercog, all the dark minions except Mauve we have and all the cogs we have.
Mission 1: Gamington, 2 catfishes, Gorloceros, Snowstar and everything else we may have left.

If shit hits the fan, all the important people on the hardcore mission will be able to escape to safety. Remember, the only thing that can defeat us for good is The Hero.

That's part of what's making me feel uncomfortable too - I can't right now fill in those blanks.  what are 'all the dark minions' except Mauve?  How many cogs would we be sending?

What is the everything else we may have left?

I'm sorry, I should be able to backtrack and figure that out, but I've been spending a huge amount of mental focus on other things recently and there's just not room enough in me brains to do that too.  It looks overwhelming to me right now.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 31, 2013, 08:26:17 pm »

Don't overwhelm your mind Imp; we need it to think for us.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 31, 2013, 08:32:31 pm »

Well Join the club, I leave that stuff up to others cause I have no idea what is alive and what isn't.
Mission 3: Us, Psysquid, Splintercog, all the dark minions (the fancy Succubus, maybe one normal)  except Mauve we have and all the cogs we have (6 standard Cogs, maybe a Guard Cog or two, and one Machinegun Cog).
based on what little I remember, wouldnt trust it.
Edit: The pot heads and Rednecks, are either of them in Justice City? If so we could use their help.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:45:41 pm by Cain12 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 31, 2013, 08:43:00 pm »

Brief question; have we tried injecting people with Succubi Mutagens? It might be worth a shot.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 31, 2013, 09:01:41 pm »

Okay looked at the last missions (and tried looking at all updates, just search carnage for most of them, dont trust the wiki enough) we have (I think):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will add/remove as I look, so this is by far not complete, probably won't be, feel free to do so your self if unsatisfied with the results.
"?" marks are requests for confirmation/additional detail.
Edit: Glad to see you all go offline around the same time means, I get to sleep round 2:00-4:00.
Edit: While still incomplete/probably full of errors, I think we have enough for at least one mission, at a stretch maybe two.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:20:49 pm by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 213