Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259570 times)

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1650 on: October 30, 2013, 01:41:53 pm »

Do we have the liondor or whatever corpse? If so, then that and the robes, and a little bit of cash.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 30, 2013, 01:42:54 pm »

Do we have the liondor or whatever corpse? If so, then that and the robes, and a little bit of cash.
It would be better if we don't mix cash with this. That robe has a kind of sentimental value.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 30, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »

Use Mauve's robe (to summon Mauve, or her spirit, or something close enough), a drop of Cerulean tears (psychological value, also serves to mentally bind Mauve's spirit via empathy), a chain (what she got drawn into Hell with, and also physically binding) and a magic crystal (serves to power the wards).

Explain her how to do it then let Cerulean do the summon.
Because we just said to her than we were going to try to let her summon something.

also, Cerulean is more prone to become emotional while holding Mauve's robes and doing the sacrifice. I am pretty sure a sacrifice done with emotion is  more powerful than the rest. Regret, anger, longing ? Every emotion is good to feed the million of devils of Hell.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 30, 2013, 02:03:28 pm »

Use Mauve's robe (to summon Mauve, or her spirit, or something close enough), a drop of Cerulean tears (psychological value, also serves to mentally bind Mauve's spirit via empathy), a chain (what she got drawn into Hell with, and also physically binding) and a magic crystal (serves to power the wards).

+1

Explain her how to do it then let Cerulean do the summon.[/b]

+.5

Almost right.

Can we do this together? both of us doing each action, working as one?  That's how I want to run this.  Her emotion yes.  Our control, yessss.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 30, 2013, 02:06:23 pm »

+1

Explain her how to do it then let Cerulean do the summon.[/b]

+.5

Almost right.

Can we do this together? both of us doing each action, working as one?  That's how I want to run this.  Her emotion yes.  Our control, yessss.
+1 all this (that means, both suggestions combined)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 30, 2013, 02:07:52 pm »

Remember, a design is not perfect when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to take away.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 30, 2013, 02:18:55 pm »

...Deviously magnificent.

+1 to this. Well, more like +2.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 30, 2013, 03:12:15 pm »

Well I thought the goal was to create a society where monsters/mutants were accepted, like you live life, grow up then can choses to mutate for whatever reason, would be like getting surgery, only with larger perks and higher risk of failure. Like if someone wanted to be a squid thing like Psysquid, or wanted to certain abilities to make life easier, like being an amphibian for underwater construction.
Of course there would be human mutage to make anyone who didn't like being a frog man and was only one because their parents were more human so they can be a bird man or whatever.

Or at least a society that accepts that mutants happen and it is no big deal.
That and to bring evil back, more overlords, maybe a council of evil that kind of thing.

+1, to the suggestions about doing it together and using tears, robe, chains, magic crystal, think it is too much but hopefully I'm just over reacting.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 30, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »

Use robes, tears and a magic crystal. Nothing else, we fail when we sacrifice a lot, so no chains. Do the summoning together with Cerulean.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 30, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »

Use robes, tears and a magic crystal. Nothing else, we fail when we sacrifice a lot, so no chains. Do the summoning together with Cerulean.
+1

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1660 on: October 30, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 30, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »

Liondor is ashes. Scattered in the wind. Just sayin'.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 30, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »

Remove me from the chains. We should try to do it with another thing.

Another sacrifice idea: chains and a tv. A recipe for mind controlling stuff

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 30, 2013, 04:20:19 pm »

Liondor is very much disintegrated. (Or Meteor Swarm'd, as it is)

Remove me from the chains as well. I still think we need chains but let's move forward.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 30, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »

OMG I'm in the minority by a lot.  Placeholder post, will edit with my ideas, rushing to make it clear I'd like to speak cause who knows how long before the next game post happens - there IS a clear majority.

Edited to add:  whew thanks.

I'm going to agree with no chain sacrificed, but I fear and believe that we need some additional means of being ready to control or destroy what comes through IF we fail to control it.

I was so focused on -how- to do this thing I never really looked at what we're sacrificing except very generally.  But yeah, that's utterly essential too.

I also want to add my support to including Lionel's remains, and/or a surrogate for him - the bedding he slept on, a brush she used to brush him - him and/or what he means.  We're sacrificing Mauve's robe, not Mauve.  We can sacrifice Lionel's something, it doesn't have to be his body.  And I fear it is vital to include him to improve our odds of controling what will come.

The robe, and the Mauve it represents, signifies both Cerulean's love of her old team, and that teammate, and her loss of them and herself.  This is a really weak and twisted love, but it was once all she had.  This robe, and the Mauve it represents, also signifies the team's new hatred for her, her new hatred for them, and her hatred for the nebulous 'anything' that might be willing to act to take her from what she now has.

The tear sample came from her grief over Lionel's passing.  There's a lot of rage in the generation of those tears, a lifetime of bottled up pain.  The tears DO slightly signify Lionel, but more they signify rage at loss and never-dealt-with pain.

Lionel was hers, and ours.  Mauve never was ours.  These tears barely are ours, and the part that is about is is rage at our decision to take something she wanted from her life, again.  There's a lot more about these tears than that, a LOT in that rage and pain that has nothing to do with us, and which we've helped mitigate since we changed Cerulean.

That's why we need to include Lionel, or something that 'is' Lionel in surrogate.  Because he was wanted, he was loved, and he was controlled by both her and us.

She doesn't control her rage and pain.  She just lives with it.  Sometimes it controls her.  Lionel -is- the balance, to bring this intense power to hand in a holdable form, to put obedience and service into an amazing engine of power.  Unlike anything else we could include in this sacrifice, Lionel is also a surrogate of what she wants and can never really have.  Since she is part of the sacrificing, what she is giving up, with the utter lack of restraint of a deeply abused child, are things of unbelievable intensity compared to anything we have ever sacrificed before.

Because she does not control, we do, and we are involved, at least now in ever part of each other piece, a small amount of our blood should be included.  This is to emphasize that we are involved, and we -are- in control.

I belive this IS how the SAD system is meant to be used, within the highest range of what it can do - though this is surely not the peak sacrifice possible by any means.  But we're about to see a result unlike anything we've seen yet.

I feel that we MUST NOT include a crystal as well.  There's -plenty- of power in what is being offered without it.  The crystal could only cloud this offering, and it cannot possibly strengthen it.

To summarize:  I vote to sacrifice
The robe
Lionel's remains or a surrogate of him that has meaning of him and interaction with him for Cerulean (but as little other meaning to her as possible)
Cerulean's tears produced when she was first told about Lionel's death - if possible taken from where she first cried, the purest possible sample of that
A token quantity of our blood.

And nothing else.

And that we have our big guns and defenses conveniently nearby and ready.  Lots of cog stuff around (good for our cog armor and such), Dark advisors aware 'something's up'... just in case we fail the ensuing control roll and have an incredible fight on our hands.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:01:16 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 213