Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259584 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1620 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:25 am »

"Because they hurt people I care for, they are evil," Cerulean replies, holding a smile on her face. "And people who are evil must be killed, right dad? I mean...if the 'good' can torture me because they're 'good', then if we who are 'evil' see someone else doing 'evil', we should make them suffer even more, right? We should break them, butcher them, torture them, kill them...we should smile and smash their faces, cave their skulls, farm their bones and make sticks to stab them on the ground, we should..." she sniffles for a moment, "We really should make an example out of them, right dad? So they learn they can't take things away from me. It's all their fault Lionel died. SO they all have to pay. Mom's right. Humans really are inferior creatures who must be purged from the face of the world. We're going to kill them all, right dad?"

If Yes.

Cerulean Cruelty Mode Unlocked

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If No.

Nothing Earned

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 30, 2013, 09:21:34 am »

EMPHATICALLY NO.

She needs to understand that it's their minds that make them weak and it's their minds that must change.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:11 am »

No!
Humans are bad, but we can't kill them all! What else would we use to test our most volatile mutagens?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:11 am »

Is this even a question?

No.

We are not cruel.

Also, Cerulean needs help. Lots of it.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 30, 2013, 09:56:14 am »

Is she still fucked up in the mind?
As promissed, I'm not suggesting anything. But we already had lots of talks and gave her lots of examples in how to have standards and not be a heartless bitch. She just won't get it, right?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 30, 2013, 10:00:14 am »

You're earning yourself a oneway trip to Castration Land Cattani; tread carefully.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1626 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03:12 am »

"But..." she sniffles. "It just...it hurts. How do you cope with it Dad? It hurts so much...losing someone. But I...I get what you're saying Dad, we'll capture humans and make them monsters, so they'll become better. Humans are inferior, monsters are superior." she sniffles a bit more, and then carefully surfs away. You don't know what she'll do after this talk, but at least it appears her 'let us burn the humans to death' phase was nipped in the bud.

You should decide whether you want to reinforce your troops, and if so how many of 'what' precisely.

You are still in Upkeep

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 30, 2013, 10:07:14 am »

Sorry, it was a joke. Mostly. Maybe.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1628 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:53 am »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:11 am »

Well, to begin with, we should explain to Cerulean that making others suffer does not make one feel better, it instead creates a self-replicating prion disease of revenge and misery that ultimately destroys everyone's lives with no one benefitting. We then should reming her that we, and her mother, and lord Gamington, and Psysquid, will always be there for her (we are much harder to kill than flying puppies, for starters) and that she can always come and cry into our robes, or Psysquid's robes, or Chemista's goo when she feels pain and that she can always learn cog-tinkering with us, do science with Chemista and dance with Gamington when she feels happiness. Anguish is not lessened by focusing on that which is lost, as it happens with vengeance, it is fought by reminding oneself what one still has.

As for troop augmentation, give cogs assault rifles. Probably give guardogs machineguns too.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:21:07 am by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 30, 2013, 10:27:01 am »

Well I think she deserves revenge and should bury any lasting commitments or reminders of her old life so she can try to start fresh, but the whole butcher thing was a tad too psycho, suggest kidnaping a therapist or something for her?

Well, to begin with, we should explain to Cerulean that making others suffer does not make one feel better, it instead creates a self-replicating prion disease of revenge and misery that ultimately destroys everyone's lives with no one benefitting. We then should reming her that we, and her mother, and lord Gamington, and Psysquid, will always be there for her (we are much harder to kill than flying puppies, for starters) and that she can always come and cry into our robes, or Psysquid's robes, or Chemista's goo when she feels pain and that she can always learn cog-tinkering with us, do science with Chemista and dance with Gamington when she feels happiness. Anguish is not lessened by focusing on that which is lost, as it happens with vengeance, it is fought by reminding oneself what one still has.

As for troop augmentation, give cogs assault rifles. Probably give guardogs machineguns too.

+1, guess we should collect those tears now for when we do the sacrifice thing?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 30, 2013, 10:42:31 am »

We don't have assault rifles, nor machine guns. What we have is sonic equipment that can be mounted on a dirigible, and what we can do is try to miniaturize.

although what baffles me is how many gun-using mooks we have defeated, and we haven't looted any firepower, nor armor.

I'm pretty sure we would get shotguns while helping the hillibillies either.

anyways,

Sacrifice Mauve's robes with Cerulean's tears.
Build a training room.
See what we have to improve our troops.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1633 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:37 am »

You decide to tinker with the idea of giving Cogs assault rifles, but you'd have to buy them and find an arms dealer and all that stuff. Then you realize a simple truth: why give it to them when you can build them into them? And why not do the same with Guardogs?
Hence, you prepare the blueprints for:

Assault Cog: Skills Unknown.
Machinegun Guardog: 0.25 Des attack, 0.50 Des defense minimum (probably) -real skills unknown.

You can probably build one of each this turn in Upkeep, and probably a maximum of Three per 'Full' Turn. (Upkeep+Downkeep)

After a few minutes of looking for a sulking Goo teenager, you finally find her toying with 'small' Behemoth Catfishes. Apparently, the eggs finally hatched.

Two Behemoth Catfishes acquired

"You know what you can do to make the pain go away?" you say carefully, staying behind Cerulean who doesn't turn around, but perks her ears. "Instead of sulking, you could learn something to keep your mind occupied. Something like..."

Gamington.
Chemista.
Psysquid.
Me.
Other?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 30, 2013, 10:48:29 am »

Helping us and Chemista think of and create some useful-around-the-base things (mutant or Cog), which wouldn't get brought into combat and hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 213