Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259705 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1605 on: October 29, 2013, 01:40:24 pm »

"Listen Cerulean," you gave her a sad expression. "Lionel died during a mission."
"What? Why?" she gazes at you, blinking as if not understanding. "Why did you send him on one!?"
"He...was useful."
"HE DIED!" Cerulean yells back at you, "You're horrible! Why do you do this!? It's always the pets I like that die! You...You...Why do you do this!?" crying goo, she leaves on the ground Goo sample...of tears.
You gaze at the tattered robes of Mauve in your right hand.
In for a penny, in for a pound.
How do you put it?

Happily state that you killed one of your daughter's ex-teammates.
Mournfully speak of Mauve's sacrifice against the forces of Hell.
Decide your daughter is crying enough and maybe more bad news aren't needed right now.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 29, 2013, 01:42:41 pm »

State - ambiguously - that the forces of 'Good' killed Mauve, and we tried to save her from them.
It's true. As long as you interpret it right.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 29, 2013, 01:45:49 pm »

Say that Mauve was the one responsible for the death Lionel, because she wanted vengeance against our overlordness and had a pact with Hell.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 29, 2013, 02:05:12 pm »

Mournfully speak of Mauve's sacrifice against the forces of Hell.

Could then say we are trying to bring her back (Assuming Cerulean does't know the system well enough to see how unlikely that may be, even if that would work doesn't her soul belong to another?) to get her cooperation.
So do we want Cerulean to do the sacrifice? The items might mean more if it is her doing it, that was her teammate who she went through hell with (IIRC) after all.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 29, 2013, 02:20:26 pm »

Say that Mauve was the one responsible for the death Lionel, because she wanted vengeance against our overlordness and had a pact with Hell.
+1.  Great suggestion to my thinking.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 29, 2013, 05:19:57 pm »

+2

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 29, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »

+2
After all, we didn't kill her. We acted in self defense, and then all hell broke loose.

Also not sure if we should remind her that everyone on that mission died. (Save psysquid.)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 29, 2013, 05:34:43 pm »

Also not sure if we should remind her that everyone on that mission died. (Save psysquid.)
Snowkid survived as well.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 29, 2013, 06:12:19 pm »

+2
+3
+4
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 29, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »

+2
+3
+4
+5

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1615 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:47 am »

"Cerulean, listen to me...it was Mauve. She ambushed Psysquid and his troops. It wasn't meant to be a battle. They were just supposed to talk with some rednecks, but your ex-teammate ambushed them and they had to defend themselves. She's the one responsible. She wanted revenge and she even made a pact with hell to do so."
Cerulean just sniffles. "She did?"
"Yes, and Psysquid and the rest killed her."
"Did she suffer?"
You nod. "Hell claimed her body and soul and she screamed quite a bit from what Psysquid said."
Cerulean smiles. "I'm glad she suffered," she gives you a gentle hug, keeping it up for a few minutes as she stops rolling her tears down her eyes.
"Can we kill the others if we find them?" Cerulean continues, her voice completely peaceful and utterly unsympathetic. "Tear apart their limbs bit by bit and make sure they scream a lot, just to give an example to the others?"

Of...course?
Certainly!
WHAT!?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 30, 2013, 01:28:52 am »

Certainly!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 30, 2013, 02:05:35 am »

If that's what we need to do.

Lionel didn't die because we wanted him to, we needed his help on that mission and we wanted him to return alive from it.

Mauve didn't die because we wanted her to, she died because she opposed us and the best way to stop that then was to kill her.

Mauve didn't die violently because we wanted her to, that needed to happen because of what was going on at the time.

Sometimes the best possible answer is to kill.  Sometimes, the best possible answer is to not kill.  What matters more than killing, more than suffering, is the mission.

Sometimes the mission is to kill.  But that is almost always for a goal, to attain something else, something grander than death, better than suffering.  Just like you work towards making a staff, and you keep working towards making that staff despite anything that happens to stop you - but you don't stop, you just start over again, and again as you need to.

Killing someone is usually like one attempt to make a staff.  It's not the real goal.  That attempt didn't matter, if that person dies or not doesn't matter.  What matters is that you're going to continue to try to make a staff, and you're not ever, ever going to stop until you succeed.  Controling people, even people you want dead, is usually the far more empowering answer.  Getting a value from the rest of their life in your service is usually a far greater return than gaining another corpse.  Even the depths of suffering that can be attained over a life in your service is, almost always, in far greater excess, many multiples of excess, than what can be attained by any single death.

But there's another thing that matters.  You don't only try to make the staff.  You also live and play and enjoy and learn.  You consider, you judge, you choose, you select.

Setting killing your ex-teammates as a goal is much like making your goal be... to just go stand in a corner.  You -can- make that choice, but why?  It gains you nothing.  It helps not at all.  It actually costs you, and without empowering you.  Even if you convince yourself that you -do- want to just stand in the corner and stare at the wall, all the time you can spare, every chance you get - that's wasted time, every second you waste upon it.

I would prefer you to set goals that empower you, that help you understand the world and what you can do with it better, that help you understand your limits, others' limits, and how you can work with both - how you can sometimes change either.  If you set your goal to be standing in a corner, or killing those ex-teammates; well I will call you out of that corner and set you to meaningful work, to a better use for your time, and I urge you to consider and try to understand why a focus upon those ex-teammates' deaths is as worthless to you as a desire to go stand in the corner would be.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:07:22 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 30, 2013, 05:31:40 am »

If that is the only way to deal with them (what Imp said). But tell me, why do you hate your former teammates so?

Remember people, we are dealing with a PTSD suffering child soldier here. I do not know nearly enough psychology to even begin to understand what goes inside her head, but it seems to me that Cerulean associates her former teammates with her previous life, and thus projects her hatred for the Heroes system in general on them specifically.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:16:52 am by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 30, 2013, 07:02:24 am »

Personally I'm starting to think her former teammates abused her, plain and simple. although Mauve probably hasn't, judging from her last words.

What imp said. Except that killing her former teammates actually does help us, since it will remove the threat of anti-hero thingy.

although I would be more willing to capture and mutate her former team, but if it creates conflict between cerulean and her old teammates it's not worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 213