Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258364 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #735 on: September 02, 2013, 04:04:47 pm »

edit2:Guess I'll spoiler my thoughts on the backstory aswell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

anyway... my preference goes to final stand (maybe even send German out of the room, he really just muddies up the narrative in my eyes)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:16:22 pm by Talvara »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 02, 2013, 04:07:39 pm »

Aren't we automatically a step above Heroic Heroes?
Get German out of the room, attempt final stand

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 02, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »

Oh boy... dat dice roll...
Well, assuming his offensive bonuses were 1 per day kind of thing (hopefully), and that we still dont know what kind of bonuses WE have for combat. We could try and make a last stand, given that most are morally inclined to care for Cerulean.
My opinion would be to let him through, but instead of escaping, stealthly following him into the next room, and engaging him by surprise while his attention is on confronting Chemista.

Spoiler with my guesses on the storyline so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though i will not oppose if majority wishes to escape, I will oppose fighting in this room.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 02, 2013, 04:11:08 pm »

She's not. Not that she's the one you're looking for. As I'm certain you know by now, this base is little more than a decoy, armed with a pittifull garnison to distract you from the true fighting force.  The attack on the city did not originate here. By this time, you shouldn't be able to trace them anymore. Since I'm going to die however, why don't tell me your story.What are you in for? Heroes rarely fight for good, after all.

((Also, no Mister Wuffles...

On a side note, he wasn't such a good fighter: Guatfish an our necromanced thingy were better.))

Aren't we automatically a step above Heroic Heroes?
Get German out of the room, attempt final stand
We're equal to heroic hero; IIRC.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

I agree with all dat spoilered stuff. I have no idea whaty path we should take however.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 02, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »

My guess is that she used the last of her Mindium on us, and constantly uses it to keep us corrupted

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 02, 2013, 04:18:08 pm »

My guess is that she used the last of her Mindium on us, and constantly uses it to keep us corrupted
I dont think so, she actually stopped being an Overlord because there was no more Mindium anywhere. Else she would've found it and continue onward with her Evil plots. Do agree she used her last supply of mindium to fuck our mind up.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 02, 2013, 04:19:11 pm »

Be utterly confused for a moment, then back into Overlordface.

"I would like a quick word before I do anything. I am unlikely to let you past, as my adopted daughter Cerulean is in the same room as Chemista, but I will let you give your argument. I woke up roughly seven days ago, dragged out of the ocean by Chemista. She trained me to be an efficient Evil Overlord, with or without her. Before those seven days, I haven't a single memory." Hold up the Shard. "This, apart from the mask and cowl, is all I woke up with. I see a remarkable similarity between this and that metal on your back. So, there's one thing I want you to tell me. The truth. And why Heroes are so willing to torture a 12-year-old on live television, or tear through forces like their lives are meaningless, or let an Overlord burn for five days before they are finished off."

If he says something implying we're stalling, reply that there's not a single exit in that room, as far as we know.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 02, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »

Well, fluff time! Exposition! Plot stuff in general! Don't do a last stance, because there is the possibility of Chemista fucking our mind to do this.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 02, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »

No dialog except for "German... Leave, This is my fight" *point to the door while keeping a steely gaze on Knighthowl*

when German is gone we'll remove our Cog mask throw it aside and make our robe flap dramatically in the draft.

If what we think about the backstory is true, KnightHowl should react to our visage. (possibly giving him some nasty negatives in the process). and we should have a shot at defeating the traumatised Hero.

when we're done (assuming we win :P) and put the Cogmask back on just say "you came chasing the wrong foe... for I am the overlord INCOGNITO! mwahahahahahaha"

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 02, 2013, 04:31:49 pm »

No dialog except for "German... Leave, This is my fight" *point to the door while keeping a steely gaze on Knighthowl*

when German is gone we'll remove our Cog mask throw it aside and make our robe flap dramatically in the draft.

If what we think about the backstory is true, KnightHowl should react to our visage. (possibly giving him some nasty negatives in the process). and we should have a shot at defeating the traumatised Hero.

when we're done (assuming we win :P) and put the Cogmask back on just say "you came chasing the wrong foe... for I am the overlord INCOGNITO! mwahahahahahaha"
If we do that, we won't have a clue what's going on here! Although I approve of dramatic mask removal if we're about to fight.

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 02, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »

If we do that, we won't have a clue what's going on here! Although I approve of dramatic mask removal if we're about to fight.
If we do that, there will be a dialog. For sure. That should be enough to give us clues/facts to be able to get the truth out of Chemista.
But i really dont think we should fight there. Knighthowl Confrontation with Chemista would probably reveal all the relevant facts on the plot. And after satisfying our thrist for the truth we could decide on fighting or escaping or whatever else.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 02, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »

If we do that, there will be a dialog. For sure. That should be enough to give us clues/facts to be able to get the truth out of Chemista.
But i really dont think we should fight there. Knighthowl Confrontation with Chemista would probably reveal all the relevant facts on the plot. And after satisfying our thrist for the truth we could decide on fighting or escaping or whatever else.
This really hinges on if we were THE hero, if we're willing to get revenge on Chemista for something we don't even remember, and if we can get Cerulean out safely. Third one, mainly. If we can't get Cerulean out safely, we are going to get this shard of metal and we are going to stick it straight through his eyeballs.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 02, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »

I'd say the past is irrelevant, whoever we were we aren't any more. Incognito is Incognito. and the way KnightHowl reacts should tell us plenty about the situation. who knows maybe he'll even go into a Hero monologue.

Going into a expositing monologoue of our own ranks pretty high on things you shouldnt do as the big bad overlord (really nothing good ever comes from an explanatory monologue) http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/humor/evilovl.html

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 02, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »

Well, I said we were being trained to become an independent Overlord, instead of 'I AM OVERLORD MUAHAHAHAHA!'. Perhaps be a bit vaguer than that.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 213