Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258297 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

Fluffy.

Completely separate suggestion that he becomes my avatar if this goes through.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:28:57 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2013, 03:24:54 pm »

I vote for sacrificing the deceased catfish. Maybe we can summon the Ghostly Lungfish of Eek.
+1 Sounds great

+1 here.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »

Nomal workplace cameras

Name: I haven't got the slightiest idea.

I want to claim a cog-minion, if possible. Give it a black cloak and hood and a scythe and call him Bane.

I vote for sacrificing the deceased catfish. Maybe we can summon the Ghostly Lungfish of Eek.
+1 Sounds great

+1 here.
Too late, we already done it, an then reinforced it with metal. Now we have to name that abomination.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2013, 03:28:53 pm »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »

Fluffy.

OH THE IRONY +1

+1

And is it simply a metallic skeleton or some sort of wierd cyborg?

And our surveillance should be thorough to the point of excessiveness in the minion-o-matic chamber, the laboratory and all other important "public" areas and almost nonexistent in the "private" ones. Yes, it does give the conspirators chances to conspire in secret, but if anybody tries to sabotage anything, we will know, and if our dark advisors find out it will not hurt our relationships much, as, hey, we still trust them and do not spy on them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »

Fluffy.

It's the only descriptor that that thing isn't so it must be done.

Also, lets hypothesize on how to upgrade our cog-o-matic

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 31, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »

Nomal workplace cameras

Name: I haven't got the slightiest idea.

I want to claim a cog-minion, if possible. Give it a black cloak and hood and a scythe and call him Bane.

+1 Sounds great

+1 here.
Too late, we already done it, an then reinforced it with metal. Now we have to name that abomination.
The +1 is for the name. I however, would like a little  change. Let's call it the Ghastly Cogfish of EeK.

Also, we already got 1 cuddly named monster. More than one is just crazy.

I vote for full surveillance in public areas, and alternative surveillance (ie, non video. but motion sensors or something) in all others. We don't want Mister Clean invading our base through the bathrooms or something,

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 31, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »

Another +1 for Fluffy, the power of added feathers plus.

A +1 for intermediate security, more intrusive than workplace, less intrusive than voyeurism.  Supporting something along the lines of what Knit tie described.

Also, have we given any thought as to who/how/what will be monitoring all this security footage, script, and audio?  One camera taping 24 hours a day takes at least 4 hours, every day, to watch at 6x speed.... normal minds miss lots of stuff at that speed.  And our lair is huge, we're talking dozens of cameras, plus whatever audio and written/coded/whatever transcript.

Some of our minions have at least a little psionic ability.  Are we trying to monitor that as well some how?  Underwater creatures often communicate through underwater sounds, are we monitoring for that too?

And for any and all yesses... again, how to review all this data?

I myself lean towards collecting the information, then mostly ignoring it, unless and until we have reason to double check, or have anyone else double check.  Have the information stored in some very hard to alter or destroyed format, and make it easy for everyone in the fortress to review.  Let it be known that privacy is for heroes, and there's nothing our forces should want to do that has to be kept hidden - though we and all are aware of 'personal happenings', from Lord Gamington's lance to Cruelean's pet rock, such things are benignly permitted, though observed, because there's nothing these loyal people would consider doing which would be 'wrong'.

Someone doesn't want to see something?  Stop watching it.  Someone sees something which appears disloyal?  Talk about it and be rewarded.  Fail to talk about it, and possibly be punished - after all, observing it in the tapes or directly will also be recorded, right? So an interested advisor is likely to double check what footage was viewed and such.

Just make it part of life and part of entertainment, so there's nothing to worry about for anyone, and a lot of work still gets done.  The sheer scope of surveillance and how many minds 'monitor' it will help reduce the chances of someone successfully cheating the system a great deal.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 31, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »

I say we should gather the data and then have a steampunk supercomputer (how do we get one? Theft.) review it. Or just do as Imp says but do not give a widespread access to the data. Keep is somewhere safe and hidden, until bad things begin to happen, and then review it along with all of the Dark Advisors, because if it is easily reviewed by any random person, the heroes' intelligence is going to have a goddamn field day if they ever reach it.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 31, 2013, 06:38:22 pm »

it appears that the society here has a very bad case of propaganditis.

We might consider doign some research on specific heroes and send individuals notices informing them of what's going on. Somebody who isn't afraid to alienate their team in order to do what's right. Imagine, for example, if Batman from the justice league were to receive a letter that said "Hey, I know we're not on the same side and I'm not pretending otherwise...but honestly, you need to clean house. You've got people on your side doing things to your own people that even I am not ok with."

He'd look into it.

If she wants a shiny rock, you'll let her have her shiny rock.
Maybe you're spoiling her too much.

She was a magic girl. I was going to suggest that we use the magic crystals to make a new weapon for her. If she's taking the initiative and making one herself...I'm all in favor.

Another +1 for Fluffy

Yes. Name it Fluffy.

You decide to install surveillance cameras. The question is...how intrusive?
To Voyeurism-Point intrusive, or simply as 'normal workplace' security?

Normal workplace.

collecting the information, then mostly ignoring it, unless and until we have reason to double check

Pretty much.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 31, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »

Cameras everywhere and tell everyone that were doing this.

Also i think we need to pay a visit to the casternews station...maybe put a video of the HEROES asylum where they do horrible things. Maybe we can blow up the news station. maybe we can just step in the limelight with our favorite announcer. maybe toss a hero's unconscious corpse in the middle of the show while it's on-air. mess up  their show a bit who knows.

EDIT: plus it would be a good test for our cogs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:51:56 pm by 3man75 »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 31, 2013, 09:36:49 pm »

Hey guys... I've been lurking around, enjoying what possibly is one of the most entertaining games i've ever seen, and since no-one seems troubled with more people making suggestions, i would give mine:

-Sacrificing worthy material rewards betters minions. Cerulean's succubus doll is her only material link with her dead mother and was her emotional anchor when she joined the team, so it has high Emotional price. Should we find a Wench, we could soak it in her blood and offer as tribute to see what comes out.

-By choosing to recruit only monsters, we chose not to worry about minion Loyalty (since the only Monsters that can turn rogue are the Dark Advisors). I fail to see who are we suspecting of possible treachery: Chemista or Psysquid? Lord Gaminton clearly has no loyalty faults, but Psysquid is known for having no Standards.

Also, if registrations to join the game are over, just say so and I will return to lurking.

Edit: Also, buy a farm, dig deep to reach the cavern layers, capture a Giant Cave Spider and extract mutagenics.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:38:43 pm by Cattani »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »

Hey guys... I've been lurking around, enjoying what possibly is one of the most entertaining games i've ever seen, and since no-one seems troubled with more people making suggestions, i would give mine:

-Sacrificing worthy material rewards betters minions. Cerulean's succubus doll is her only material link with her dead mother and was her emotional anchor when she joined the team, so it has high Emotional price. Should we find a Wench, we could soak it in her blood and offer as tribute to see what comes out.

-By choosing to recruit only monsters, we chose not to worry about minion Loyalty (since the only Monsters that can turn rogue are the Dark Advisors). I fail to see who are we suspecting of possible treachery: Chemista or Psysquid? Lord Gaminton clearly has no loyalty faults, but Psysquid is known for having no Standards.

Also, if registrations to join the game are over, just say so and I will return to lurking.

Edit: Also, buy a farm, dig deep to reach the cavern layers, capture a Giant Cave Spider and extract mutagenics.
1. Welcome to the forums!
2. I don't think there's anything wrong joining a suggestion game. The more the merrier, but that's just me.
3. Why don't we just steal a farm?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 31, 2013, 10:22:48 pm »

Because then someone would have to do farmwork while were bussy with everything else.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 01, 2013, 02:32:46 am »

Welcome and thank you for this suggestion. +1 Except we should also sacrifice a wrench along with it.

And as for our cogs' armaments, I suggest claws that also double as heat-sinks for our regular troops and powerful hydraulic shears with built-in shotguns of flamethrowers for guardogs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:19:04 am by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 213