Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258289 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2013, 10:48:06 am »

We need to upgrade Guatish a little.
??
You're like to kill him doing that.

Anyway, begin construction of Guardian and cog minions, using the minion-o-matic.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2013, 10:48:21 am »

[fevered paranoia caused by sleep deprivation] What was that blue rock Cerulean has taken - a magic crystal? Is she trying to contact her former teammates? Did our speech about "what ifs" make her reevaluate her loyalty to us?[/fevered paranoia caused by sleep deprivation]

We need to upgrade Guatish a little.

It might go very badly if the rolls are poor: upgrading already mutated/cyborgified minions is, as Shadenight said, risky.

I REALLY LIKE EDITING POSTS, DO I NOT?: Sacrifice a wrench coated in Chemista's goo along with a magic crystal. Produce cogs, if possible, both types, if not, only the guardian ones.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:06:54 am by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:31 am »

Produce cogs, if possible, both types, if not, only the guardian ones.
+1

I would like to suggest a sacrifice: bones with magical cristals. Necromancy, anyone?

I still want a lovecraftian horror, but have no idea about what to sacrifice. Maybe sacrificing a squid (totally NOT Psysquid) with magical cristals?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:59 am »

Casually ask Cerulean if her observations on the blue rock have revealed anything of note.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2013, 11:21:12 am »

If we can, also capture a shark and fuse it with a cog.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2013, 11:27:06 am »

You produce two Guardian Cogs. Two Guardogs. The play on word is not lost to your senses.
"Guardog, Guardog," they clink as they try to move their reinforced limbs around. They do appear stockier but, as always, a test run is what they need.

Cerulean blushes and looks away when you ask what the deal with the rock is. "What rock? I caught no rock. There's no rock here. Really! It's nothing! Just a pet project! Not that I have a magical crystal rock in my room or anything like that! Really!"
And with that she surfs away.

You doubt she's trying to contact her old team. If she wanted that, she'd just have to use the phone and dial the HEROES association.

You stand once more in front of the SAD system.

You have two choices. ONE: Sacrifice a wrench coated in Chemista's goo with a Magical Crystal.
TWO: sacrifice the bones of the deceased catfish and the eaten chicken wings of last night (they're bones, so they'll totally count!) with a some magical crystals.

You'll make a mental note to capture a shark on your next submarine mission.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2013, 11:29:33 am »

I vote for sacrificing the deceased catfish. Maybe we can summon the Ghostly Lungfish of Eek.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2013, 11:51:08 am »

I vote for sacrificing the deceased catfish. Maybe we can summon the Ghostly Lungfish of Eek.
+1 Sounds great

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2013, 12:12:42 pm »

I am just wondering, is it possible for us to manufacture guns for our minions?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2013, 12:24:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So you grab the bones of the deceased catfish, and a few magical crystals.
"I CALL THEE FORTH!"

The Magical Crystals start to glow as the bones shine. The Behemoth Catfish's skeleton suddenly shudders and collapse upon itself, before the crystals reform within its own chest as some sort of bright blue poultice.
The moment the transformation is done, what stands in front of you with bright hellfire eyes in its empty cavities...
Is a Magical Skeleton Behemoth Catfish.

"Oh...did someone dabble in Necromancy while I wasn't watching?" Chemista states peeking her head inside. "Oh! Someone was dabbling in necromancy!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 31, 2013, 12:27:23 pm »

We prefer the term Post Mortem Communications.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 31, 2013, 12:52:31 pm »

That is very generous of you, offering to balance the products of our fevered imaginations.

In this case, we should ask Lord Gamington what he thinks about arming cogs with something better than rusty scraps.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 31, 2013, 12:59:14 pm »

You doubt she's trying to contact her old team. If she wanted that, she'd just have to use the phone and dial the HEROES association.

Now that I am thinking about it, why the hell aren't our phones bugged? Where are the security cameras? How can we be aware that our own minions deign to overthrow us if they decide to do so? We may have standards, but we are not stupid!

We should install surveillance systems in our lair. Alone and in secret. Maybe even build cameras into some guardogs and then assign them to our Dark Advisors as bodyguards.

We trust our servants, of course, but we should not forget that backstabbing has always been a cherished pastime of evil.

And we should totally upgrade our skeletal catfish with mechanical parts.

Apologies for double post.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:02:03 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:03 pm »

I knew that we could do necromancy that way! Now we need to figure out how to summon Cthulu...

And we should totally upgrade our skeletal catfish with mechanical parts.
+1

Oh! And I have an idea: send Squidconda to catch a squid, a living one. We may want to experiment with living sacrifices

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #554 on: August 31, 2013, 03:10:20 pm »

Lord Gamington is polishing his lance when you enter his laboratory.
Your overlord mind does not see anything dirty in it.
The lance soon retracts back in his cane, and he stands up. "Your evil overlordness! What brings you here!?" he is about to start dancing, when you halt him and start speaking.
"Can we give our Cog-minions something more than bits and pieces of scrap with sharp edges as weapons?"
"Of course your evilness!" Gamington appears excited. "How about...Cane-lances? Or Shield-Tophats? I've got my own, but we can make smaller versions, for the Cogs."

"And that helps..."
"IT makes them stylish! And able to dance by the rhythm!"
"Yes, but...more practically speaking..."
"Oh but you will have to test them on the battlefield, your Overlordness! That is the only way to go!"
"So...what if I told you I'd like to have a Cog-minion armed with lettuce?"
"We can certainly try your Overlordness!"
"And that fires cakes?"
"I'm sure something will work out...maybe a very slippery cake? Or high cholesterol one? Nothing is true! Everything is permitted!" he brings both arms up in the air, "of course, some things might just detonate in our faces. I really like my face, so if we could avoid things that rearrange my face, i'd be very, very glad, your evilness."
You nod.
Somehow, every time you go and talk with Lord Gamington, you feel as if brain cells are dying agonizingly in your head.

You decide to install surveillance cameras. The question is...how intrusive? To Voyeurism-Point intrusive, or simply as 'normal workplace' security?

You then look at your skeletal catfish. Then, you look at Psysquid who's already starting to psychically lift the metallic parts. He is the one apparently in charge with 'Fusioning' creatures with metal.
"At your command, Overlord! It either works or it breaks!"
"Go for it, Psysquid!"
"COG-SION!"

The hulking skeletal, magical, metallic cover creature bellows a highly pitched scream as its eyes turn purplish. Steam erupts from its entire frame as it unleashes a devastating gout of fire up in the air.
"IT'S ALIVE!" you scream, "AHAHAHAHAH! IT'S ALIVE!!!"
"What should we call this, your Evilness?"
"Well, it is a Magical, Skeletal, Metallic Behemoth Catfish...Let's call it...uhm..."
What do you call it?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 213