Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258279 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #510 on: August 30, 2013, 05:08:58 pm »

In order to not flood our GM with pointless actions like I did last turn, I say we should do four things:

1: Talk to Cerulean.

2: Summon a Dark Minion.

3: Research magic crystals and demons.

4: Succubify the scientist.

Herocaller spam fraud and insulting correspondence, I believe, should wait until the heroes are not so hell-bent on going for our throat.
+1

Also i to those curius i just don't want our overlord walking around shirtless acting sexy with blob women, blob girl {who's a minor}, a psysuid with a romanticist after him, and a dancing cog machine. Maybe if the sucubi were around but no...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 30, 2013, 05:10:07 pm »

How are we going to research the crystals on the bottom of the seafloor?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 30, 2013, 05:14:12 pm »

Well, humanity has encountered them before, hasn't it? There probably is some information on them we could dig up that may help us prevent mishandling accidents. Things might be explosive or mutagenis, after all.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 30, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »

Well, humanity has encountered them before, hasn't it? There probably is some information on them we could dig up that may help us prevent mishandling accidents. Things might be explosive or mutagenis, after all.
If we're going to the library anyway, we might want to ask up our own files. Could be interesting.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 30, 2013, 05:18:48 pm »

Mine some since we have the equipment or send our scientist lady to investigate.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 30, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »

we can now Upgrade the Base with Underwater-Mining Facilities tomorrow, if you want!"

Upgrade the base with underwater mining facilities.

Scientist + succubus

No. The scientist is male. We don't need an incubus running around. Cross him with dog. Good, loyal, obedient dog.

Ask your parents to buy the HEROCALLER! A supreme and beautiful device that will call a hero, who will answer as fast as he can!

Buy a thousand hero callers. Set them up with remote activators, and bury them throughout the city so that we can trigger any of them individually or together wherever we want.

How about we order some of these call-me hero phones. And activate them at random places.

No. Bury them and WAIT. "Mass activation" is a one-use-only trump card. Save it until it will be useful.

Cerulean

Yes, talk to Cerulean. It's important that she understand our reasons. We don't want her thinking we're pulling "do as I say and not as I do" nonsense.

The mother she killed could not possibly have harmed any of us, yet Cerulean killed out of anger, and this (had it not been stopped) would have resulted in the creation of a heroic hero team hunting us. The person we killed, was very much the root of a major problem that could harm us and we killed her in order to eliminate that problem. We killed her not in anger, not in spite, not in petty vengeance, but rather in order accomplish a beneficial goal.

There's no double standard here. We've never said to not kill. We've said to not let emotions rule our decisions and we've said to not be cruel. She killed the mother because of anger, and she asked us to not kill the child because of guilt. We killed the hero-in-training because killing the threat to all us us was the right thing to do, even though, it might have been "easier" to be merciful. It would have been easier to give Cerulean what she asked for. We risked her being angry with us in order to keep her, and us all safe.

Our actions and words have been entirely self consistent.

She needs to understand this. And if she's angry at us because of all this...that's ok. She's allowed to be angry. Don't punish her for being angry. She doesn't need to bury or deny emotions. She can even cry if she wants to. Emotions aren't bad. Just, never let those emotions control you into making a bad decision. That's the lesson here.

Have a hug waiting for her when she's ready for it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2013, 05:35:16 pm »

all of that above minus the hug lord bucket we're just not that touchy feeling in this organization. Also can we get a REALLY mean dog to mutate him with?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »

If the heroes notice that they get 1000 calls at once, they'll realize that something's going on. However, if we constantly send fake calls to the system, their trust in it will diminish. Eventually, they will ignore a real emergency, and suffer the flak.

all of that above minus the hug lord bucket we're just not that touchy feeling in this organization. Also can we get a REALLY mean dog to mutate him with?
Why would we. We want a good, obedient scientist, not a combat minion.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 30, 2013, 05:52:52 pm »

If the heroes notice that they get 1000 calls at once, they'll realize that something's going on. However, if we constantly send fake calls to the system, their trust in it will diminish. Eventually, they will ignore a real emergency, and suffer the flak.

Why would we. We want a good, obedient scientist, not a combat minion.

damn it 10 ya keep on out-arguing me  ;)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2013, 05:55:55 pm »

Yea sorry. Bad habit. Because well, sometimes I'm wrong. So feel free to ignore me at times.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2013, 05:58:36 pm »

LordBucket, your writing and philosophy skills are astounding :o

As for the herocallers, set them up but do not activate them yet. It is indeed our trump card. We do not want heroes missing real emergencies, the majority of which is unrelated to us and ends in pointless death, we want them to be in the wrong place at the right time.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »

I just thought of the bestest villain name for Cerulean: Cruelean!

+1 to LordBucket's suggestion. We have to talk to Cerulean.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2013, 12:50:10 am »

Research Knighthowl. Figure out if THE HERO was the girl, or someone else.

If we can do it with absolutely no risk to ourselves, our base or anything apart from a single minion, send a message to HEROES.

'We are more alike than you think. You take advantage of grief-stricken children by hammering it into their minds that they should find and kill those who are Evil. You train them to be murderers, on a never-ending quest for vengeance for a crime that they will one day commit against us. Your job should be to protect the innocent by finding the willing, and teaching them to keep Evil at bay. That girl would have grown up to be a murderer, and because of you, I had to help her escape that life. And, because I value my own, there was only one possible way. Do you remember those five Magical Girls? They didn't try to kill us, and all of them lived. We even took one in, and gave her a family, like any young girl should have, and what those girls didn't have. Remember that Fairy? The Fairy killed that girl's adopted parents in an instant, and made her wish to kill any Hero in her path. We told her that we are Evil, not Cruel. You Heroes would have encouraged her.

Teach them to save lives instead.

*BUNNYWITHCIGARSIGNHERE*

+1

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are in Downkeep

You had no luck talking with Chemista, but Cerulean is a different matter.
Especially because you just need to follow the flying Bunnubi around your lair for a bit, before finding Cerulean on the highest of your lair's towers. She'd be dangling her legs if she were human, but since she's a Goo-Girl she just watches her lower side slide down and then back up the tower's wall.

"Hey!" the Bunnubi 'slams' into her to get her attention, at which point she turns and sees you.
"Hello," she meekly mutters. You stare.
She fidgets.
You stare a bit more.
"I'm not hungry," she tries.
"I'm not here because you're skipping dinner."
A moment of silence settles in.

"It's just..." she groans. "I don't know," she admits. "I think about...well...it could have been me there, right?" she looks at you. "If mom, my other mom, hadn't taken me...I could have been that fifth girl, right? I would have been that fifth girl. Would you have killed me then?"
You grimace. There's probably nothing to it, it is a correct line of thought after all.
"What ifs are for the past," you remark calmly. "If I had my memories back, would I act like this? If Chemista hadn't found me, would I be dead? Thinking about what ifs seldom helps, Cerulean."
"You haven't answered, dad," she murmurs.
"Yes," you reply. "If you had been the fifth girl, if you had been the one in that bed and if you hadn't been taken...then yes, I would have killed you, but I wouldn't have killed 'you'."
"Eh?"
"I would have killed the 'you' of a magical girl bent on revenge against monsters, not the 'you' of now who is friends with them. I would have killed an enemy, an obstacle, not a trustworthy side-kick and my daughter. That's why 'what ifs' are dangerous, Cerulean. You never know what you are missing while you imagine the 'what if' scenario."
"I don't understand that," she frowns. "I'm a...or well, I was a magical girl...we aren't the smartest of the bunch. We just need to be cheerful, happy and dress in tight frilly clothes. They give us the wand, they make us get our powers from forming pacts with spirits and then that's about it..." she lowers her head.
"They take our names and our pasts too," she adds. "That's another thing I have in common with you, right dad? Heroes can't have a past before becoming Heroes. There's a risk they'd use their powers to help their family. I...I know I was placed in the HEROES orphanage at six, but before that I have no memories. I don't even know my name. Cerulean is the name of my magical girl self and...and it's the only name I know."
"Well, it's a nice name," you retort.
"Yes, but it isn't mine!" she exclaims. "I just, I dunno...I have 'my' family, I have 'my' dad, 'my' mom...I have lots of stuff that even as a magical girl I missed...but I lost others. I lost a lot of others. I won't be going to school anymore. I won't be falling in love with a human any time soon. I won't be seeing my friends anymore. I won't be a Magical Girl anymore. I...it's just that when you gave that order and when mom followed through, I wonder...did you even think it might have been me on that bed?"
"The person on that bed wasn't you," you press on.
"But I could have been!"
"I could have been a painter!" you snap back, "I'm an Evil Overlord! All right? Could have beens don't matter! They don't exist! They aren't worthy wasting time sulking on! I could have not lost my memories! I could know my real name too! But do you see me sulking atop the tower? No! Because this won't change anything. If you want to be the daughter of the Evil Overlord Incognito [ink], then act like one!"
She quietly looks down.
"Ehi, dad?"
"Uh?"
"Last one to get down goes without dessert."
And then she jumps down the tower, using her Goo-like body to slide down across its outer walls until she lands in less than a minute on the ground level with a *splosh* sound.
Slowly, she reforms.
And then waves upwards.
"...I'm Evil, I'll eat the dessert all the same," you mutter to yourself as you walk the way back shaking your head.

"First one to get to the bottom goes without dessert? Really?" Chemista reappears from a hallway, as easily as she had disappeared.
"Where have you been?" you ask.
"Oh, just putting my thoughts in order. Don't tell me you were worried for little old me, 'Dad'."
"No, just curious," you reply hastily, rolling your eyes.
Chemista chuckles.
"Curiosity killed the Overlord. Literally. there was Brave Hero named Curiosity. She killed an Overlord a few decades back."
"So, are you ready for some experiments, Chemista?"
She smiles, "What's the first one on the list?"

You watch as the scientist is strapped on the Mutagen table.
You watch as Chemista starts tinkering.
"It's not going to hurt much."
"Please, you're going to split my Dna and then rebuild it from scratch using a formula that will need to separate and reform the very molecules of my entire being. It's going to hurt, it's going to hurt like being in a pool of caustic acid or being slowly dissolved and eaten inside gastric fluids."
Chemista shrugs. "Sometimes ignorance is bliss."
Then she inserts the mutagen through syringe, and you watch the transformation occur.

What stands back up from the table is...well, it's a German Shepherd.
A humanized German Shepherd, with twitching canine ears and sharp teeth, a feral smile on his face and his tongue lolling out. His body appears covered in fur, as if he were a werewolf, and while his hands do appear human, he shows the sharp claws retract and extract themselves with ease.
"Bau," the Human German Shepherd hybrid states, "You can call me...German," with the French pronunciation. "I'll be in the lab assisting. It's what I do best after all."
You nod and then turn to Chemista, who smiles. "Oh, who's the cute little doggy? eh? Who is?"
"Woof! anf, anf, anf," the humanized dog gets down on all fours, tongue lolling, as Chemista starts waiving a plastic bone in the air.
"You can go, Overlord. Everything went perfectly fine."
"I still want to know about the newscaster," as you point that out, Chemista grimaces. "I'll tell you tomorrow. I think there will be a mission about it anyway. Those 'Hero-Callers' might be trouble after all if they manage to ship them out."

In the middle of the night, you quietly take your zeppelin and head off towards the Library. Nobody disturbs you and since it's a renowned fact that no evil doers attack the library at all, you enter with ease. Using the light of a nearby candle, you start looking the library sections. Until you stumble upon the HEROES section, where you find the book you were looking for.

The History of THE Hero and his Group Of Heroes, a Trend-Setting and Heart-Wrenching tale of sadness, grief and despair

There can only be one THE Hero. He or she is the highest and brightest example of law, justice and goodness ever to exist. Armed with his weapons, always shining and always sharp, The Hero embarks on an epic journey to defeat the Overlord of the time. Aided in his quest by his team of trusty Heroes, they fight enemy after enemy until they finally reach the apotheosis of all that is Heroic by striking down the Overlord.
But just like a bright comet, when the act is achieved the Hero's light fizzles and dies, and he then becomes the new leader of the Heroes syndicate, and devolves his resources and knowledge to prepare the future generations of Heroes against the next incoming Overlord.
In the last Decades, the list of active THE Heroes names and their fate has become a well guarded secret due to the Evil-Doers trying to avenge their Overlords by killing all those close to The Heroes. Be them friends, family or simply the city they live in.
You skim through the book after that. You'd rather avoid reading on to one hundred and more pages of how 'Hero- Crimson Devastation' burned alive a Blob Overlord and let it scream for five days before giving it the coup-de-grace.

You look for Knighthowl, and you find him among the last pages. Well, only because the Title is the only thing left un-redacted, as apparently the last years of pages only state the name of the Heroes in the first line, and then proceed with a string of 'REDACTED'.

Heroic Hero Knighthowl, belonging to the Group of Heroes of [REDACTED], son of [REDACTED], is known also as the 'Howling Light'. He guided an assault against Overlord [REDACTED] you frown. Why is the Overlord's name redacted too?
which resulted in a catastrophic loss. Both THE Hero [REDACTED] and the Overlord [REDACTED] killed one another. A few years later, [REDACTED], son of [REDACTED] would later die too fighting against Overlord [REDACTED].
Recently, he has taken on to protecting the Asylum. The director of the HEROES association [REDACTED] refrains from commenting such a change of heart.

Clearly however, Knighthowl wasn't referring to the girl when he roared revenge for THE Hero.

You look for your own files, but the last known Overlord of B-City is Chemista herself.
Curious, you decide to skim through the pages.

Horrendous and nefarious Overlordess Chemista, putrid and stenchful whore of a... twenty lines of insult later, and you reach at the very least a paragraph worth reading.
Through the Use of the Mindium, Overlordess Chemista managed to acquire control of a large part of B-City's infrastructure. Thankfully the intervention of The Hero [REDACTED] brought her back to a standstill, until in the end she was forced out of B-City. The clash against THE Hero left her weak and wounded, if not possibly dead since being a nefarious and disgusting Jelly she might have drowned in the sea for all that we know. The Hero [REDACTED] has a monument dedicated to him for such act, in honor of his undoubted sacrifice for the cause.

You then look up the Magical Crystals.

Magical Crystals are Magical Crystals. Use them to do Magical Stuff. A Magical Crystal on a stick is called Magical Wand. Avoid using Duct-Tape to stick the Crystal on the stick however. It does not end well for both the Crystal and the User when the Duct Tape comes off.

You then write a letter and hand-deliver it to the postal office's letterbox. You're already in town so what's the problem?
You return to your lair and then head over to the SAD system.

Calmly, you look around. You will summon a dark minion.

You take the Unholy Rosario. Well, this will give you a Dark Minion anyway.
Then you look around. What to sacrifice...ahan!
You grab the SCRAP! rather than fighting a Cog-Minion, the basic material should do the same...
Then, since you're still pondering if it's enough, you grab a cat and a dog.
Just to be on the safe side, you kill them before throwing them on the altar.
All is nice and good now.
Just to finish it with class, you throw a wrench on top of it all.
Never know what might pop out of it.

"Ahem! CREATURES OF THE EVILNESS! I SUMMON THEE FORTH WITH THIS SACRIFICE OF BLOOD! OF DEATH! OF WRENCHES!"
A bright light, and then there's a pop.
Followed by another.
And another.
When the light comes less, you're staring at some sort of twin-headed metallic creature the size of a dog with twin tails. One of its heads is a cat, the other is a dog. It howls and meows, scratching on the ground with its metallic claws and snarling.
You have summoned a Metallic Chimera!

Upkeep

The next morning, you are eating breakfast with everyone else -and the Metallic Chimera is eating nails- when the news pop in.

"URGENT NEWS! WE HAVE RECEIVED MENACES FROM THE EVIL OVERLORD HIMSELF!"
Chemista looks at you.
You start to whistle.
"In it, the Overlord makes some shocking declarations!" Casternews takes out your letter, and then begins to read it aloud.

"We ake advantage of grief-stricken children!" Casternews roars. "How dare this criminal scum take advantage of grief-stricken children! What monster is he!? But that is not all, oh no! He also says that he does so, 'by hammering it into their minds that they should kill.' What else could such a monster do you say? Well he also states to 'train them to be murderers, on a never-ending quest for crime' what sick and twisted and depraved monster is this Overlord, right? But..."
Here Newscaster isn't done. "This is just the tip of the iceberg! He then starts to boast of his exploits!"

"The innocent girl, we killed that girl's parents in an instant, and made her wish to kill. We told her that we are Evil, Cruel. You Heroes would have encouraged her."

Casternews shakes his head. "We would have encouraged her to be strong, and loyal and just. You killed her, sick Overlord, and now you enjoy boasting about it!? How dare you! HOW DARE YOU!" slamming his fist on the table Casternews snarl. "Why don't you come here, Evil Overlord!? I challenge you! Come on! Are you afraid of Casternews, the Hero of the News? Come on children! Say 'Buuuuh' to the Evil Overlord!"
"BUUUUUHHH!" a chorus of children's buhs ring through the studio.

Chemista looks at you.
You whistle.
"That is why I hate Casternews," she states then plainly.

You are now in Upkeep
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2013, 03:10:16 am »

Oh it is on. Hand up those who want to raid and exterminate Casternews.
*hand*
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 213