Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 268275 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1725 on: May 26, 2014, 06:29:06 am »

"Indeed." said Eta and began heading downstairs, to room 102. "Thank you, once again. I guess we'll be seeing each other more often now that I'll have permanent accommodation here. Do you always man the reception in the morning?"

After getting an answer, if Bart doesn't want to talk more, go back to my room and check on Lois. Has she woken up yet?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 26, 2014, 06:45:16 am »

"Indeed." said Eta and began heading downstairs, to room 102. "Thank you, once again. I guess we'll be seeing each other more often now that I'll have permanent accommodation here. Do you always man the reception in the morning?"

"No. Only sometimes."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 26, 2014, 06:56:11 am »

Ignore hands. It's probably the cocaine.

"So, Larry, you know somewhere we can sell this stuff then? You got your bag full yet? I think my bag's full."

Check my bag is full.

"Dude, my hands have little octopuses all over them."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 26, 2014, 06:57:33 am »

Check my bag is full.

The bag is mostly empty, unfortunately.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 26, 2014, 07:02:57 am »

Try to fill it!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 26, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »

Donuts are in cans sometimes!

Invoke Divine Canned Goods!

Spoiler: DUNKA (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 27, 2014, 09:15:14 am »

((Oh man, I really let this slip up.  And now John is playing Mafia with mancows.))

Get out of the storm, filling bag on the way.  Didn't Halesey leave thatwayish?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 27, 2014, 12:58:22 pm »

Dave, wishing to go above and beyond this new and strange world, tries to conjure up a storm of distracting underwear to carry him upward into the source of the hallowed energy of whatever!

[Dave's affinity roll: 1-->4-1+1]

However, try as he might, the power of distracting underwear is as objectively far from being under his control as it can be, and it's all he can do to prevent himself from performing a lewd thrust at the heavens that insist on refusing him this most basic of rights.

John agrees to murder for the sake of experiment, providing yet another victory for subtle peer pressure in humanity's storied history. "Yeah, I suppose that's fair. I got you into this mess after all," he says.

"Glad you see it that way, buddy," Trey says, picking up Luz and running back to his chair as John lifts his knife above his head ritualistically for a second, but then reconsiders and orients his hand in more of a back alley shanking sort of manner before thrusting the blade into the unsuspecting flesh of the unconscious cowman. The knife vibrates violently as John tries to pull it out, as does the cowman with it, and John can mutter but the briefest of curses before the stabbed cowman spontaneously detonates, coating John in hot, bright pink viscera and also simultaneously blasting him into the air, his flailing form flying off in an arc that is abruptly terminated when he miraculously lands in his chair right next to Trey and Luz, who seem to have returned to their spots as well.

The cows promptly begin to wake up, possibly roused by the sudden explosion. The sight of their exploded friend seems to disturb them to no end.

"Someone's been murdered! Oh, the humanity!" they shout in unison. "Who could have done such a horrible thing? What sinister soul could be responsible?" they continue, looking around the area, their eyes resting on the still-steaming John for a moment before regarding the others as well. "We cannot rest until the killer is punished! But who could it be?"

Suddenly, the ground opens wide, and out comes a strangely chitinous cow with thirteen glowing eyes and six limbs, each holding a glowing, wicked instrument of righteous justice. "I sense death! What has happened?" it asks, turning to face the exploded remains of the stabbed mancow. "Ah. I suspect foul play at work here. Could the killer be... among us?" it continues after a brief examination, then glances knowingly at one of the cowmen, who begins to visibly sweat as the creature does so.

"Don't look at me, sir! I would have done it, yes, but I could not! I was busy washing my hair!" the cowman says, evidently nervous.

"Plausible! But is it plausible enough?" the creature, evidently a police inspector of some kind, says, glancing at Trey, John and Luz.

Eta, after getting an answer from Bart and also the impression that he isn't really the sort who might appreciate a little chat, walks back to her room to check on Lois.

Lois, for her part, seems to be somewhat asleep, though probably not very deeply so. She currently seems to be experiencing the sort of half-sleep one engages in on a free Sunday morning after waking up for the very first time. Quite a blissful sort of sleep, if one can afford the time for it.

Halesey, paying no mind to his cocaine hands, goes and tries to catch the winds of the cocaine blizzard once more. This time, now that he can sort of see what's going on, he actually is able to obtain a bit of that hippest of opiates. Not a lot, mind you, but he's not sure one can sell large amounts of cocaine in the space of an hour in any case, so he guesses he should count his blessings, really.

Larry, meanwhile, slowly becomes aware that Halesey's had a better idea than hanging out in the center of a blinding storm of dangerous narcotics, and strives to emulate his partner. Having a rough idea of the path he needs to take to get out, Larry spins around violently, his bag filling with the stuff as he pirouettes out of the storm, eventually jumping past Halesey and getting clear of the area. Examining his gains, he notices several things. For one, he can't see very well right now, and his eyes feel rather wonky. Furthermore, his hands look equally weird in addition to being very much numb, with about two fingers too many and a whole lot of bones too few. Also, he's not positive on whether it's normal that he can touch both the bridge of his nose and the tip of his chin with his lips.

THE DUNKER, having a very good feeling about this thing he's about to try, focuses his measurable amounts of willpower, imagining pickled donuts in cans, truly the best kind of donuts one could possibly have.

[THE DUNKER's affinity roll: 1-->2+1]

As a bead of sweat appears on his forehead and veins begin to pulse around his temple, THE DUNKER suddenly becomes aware of a can on the ground next to him. It appears to be visibly bulging around the top, and has a pull tab. It appears to contain herrings, judging from the packaging and the way looking at it makes DUNKER's mind hurt a little more with each letter he tries to perceive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 27, 2014, 01:03:38 pm »

Bad idea.  Need out.

Get out of there!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 27, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

"i will beaT you! you caNNoT DeNy me my birThrighT! bow beFore my will! RAISE ME DISTURBING UNDERGARMENTS!"
AGAIN!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 27, 2014, 01:21:40 pm »

John lets the knife hang limply at his side.

"Inspectocow, I'd like to point out that cows do not truly have hair to wash. The hairs on their body aren't long enough, and they have horns on their head instead. A clear contradiction of this cow's testimony."

He then looks over at Trey, hoping for some kind of input or backup
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:29:29 pm by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 27, 2014, 01:33:21 pm »

John lets the knife hang limply at his side.

"Inspectocow, I'd like to point out that cows do not truly have hair to wash. The hairs on their body aren't long enough, and they have horns on their head instead. A clear contradiction of this cow's testimony."

He then looks over at Trey, hoping for some kind of input or backup

"Oh? So we got a forensics expert here, then? What do you need me around for then? Hah!" the inspectocow says, its laugh deeply unsettling. "Well then, smart guy, what do you suggest happened?"

"Don't listen to him, sir! He's a-" the suspicious cowman begins, but doesn't get far in his excuses before the inspectocow cuts him off.

"Silence, perpetrator, or I will extract a confession from you right here, gods as my witnesses!" it snarls back at the innocent bovine.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 27, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »

A vein bulges in his forehead.
HERRING?! Indignation!

Look away from the can in a huff and check to see if I'm still in a black void.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 27, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »

A vein bulges in his forehead.
HERRING?! Indignation!

Look away from the can in a huff and check to see if I'm still in a black void.

Oh, right. Forgot to mention that. Once you've chosen a spell, you may freely assume you're back in reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 27, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »

And choosing a spell doesn't consume a turn.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 244