Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267533 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Wild Magicking
« Reply #765 on: January 22, 2014, 10:50:48 pm »

"No, no... I think it is that time.  In fact, put yours off to one side and I'll put mine off to the other, and we'll fuck these guys ten ways to Sunday."

Cast Sweaty Champignon Vortex off center to the other side as the Potato Hell Vortex!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nunzillor

« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:55 pm »

Alright!  Now it gets intense!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:30 am »

Keep following the others and reading.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:26:14 am by Gamerlord »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 23, 2014, 04:20:24 am »

((Just as an addendum to my action then: ))

Co-ordinate attacks with Larry. Go for Maximum Overdrive.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 23, 2014, 08:23:16 am »

Clair look round at Samuel as if only just noticing him "No, sir."

Buy a cabbage.

Spoiler: Clair Malk (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 23, 2014, 09:26:17 am »

As Larry and Halesey stand before the group of zombies, they work out a quick strategy.

"Halesey..."

"I knew you'd understand me, man," says Halesey, almost patting his comrade on the shoulder. "Don't worry though, I'll just fire off... just a few bits... of hell... just to, y'know, like a warning shot, or something."

He looks back at his foe, and briefly fights the desire to disrobe in order to approach his true nature more adequately.

"Don't worry man," Halesey says blankly, as the plague of fools gets nearer, "it won't be like last time."

Larry, however, figures that last time may not have been that bad, all in all.

"No, no... I think it is that time.  In fact, put yours off to one side and I'll put mine off to the other, and we'll fuck these guys ten ways to Sunday."

That's good, Halesey supposes. Time for Maximum Overdrive, then. He turns to the happy-zombies.

"You cannot pass. I am the wielder of the ultimate potato based power, and I'm gonna feckin' well potato your asses to hell, yer big pack of grinning assbiscuits."

[Halesey's affinity roll: 6-->4]

Halesey's mind becomes aflame with the magnificent joy of power released as a sublime potato vortex appears to the side of the plague of smiling halfwits. The zombies look its way, and you can see it in their eyes - it is now that they know true awe and uninitiated fear in the face of this power they cannot hope to comprehend. The Power, in fact, with all the powerful meaning its expressive capitalization holds.

[Larry's affinity roll: 1-->5+1]

Larry is awed as well, it seems, for he seems to entirely forget to fire off his own vortex in the meantime. If Halesey weren't distracted himself, he would still understand, of course. The Power is nothing to scoff at, after all. Together, they watch the outlying zombie located right next to the emerging vortex immediately get pulled inside, followed by another nearer one, and the others immediately begin to grab for their more stable-looking friends. This prevents their fall into the vortex, but results in them falling over in the process. In but a moment, none of the zombies are still standing, although five of them still appear to be around, collapsed on the ground in an awkward group hug.

"What is that?" the Jesus-dude wonders. "Are those, like... potatoes, man?"

Willy, who has stayed behind to watch the shenanigans rather than proceed upstairs, is most shocked at the display.

"Hey Pete, who are these guys? Why'd they get better magicks than me?"

"Through effort, child! Though misguided, they are also blessed, clearly!"

Well, Willy can't have that. He looks at Halesey and Larry, summoning up all his petulance.

"Hey! I want powers too!" he shouts, but the others don't seem to mind him much. Granted, this is understandable - looking at the magnificent potato vortex over there, Willy can honestly say it is more than a little hypnotic. But there is still important business, namely the Finger of God he's supposed to pull or whatever. So he heads up the stairwell, followed closely by Hungry Pete, leaving the two wizards to their potato-related activities.

It takes them only a few minutes to reach the fourth floor, where they notice two ladies, one rather beautiful and businesslike, while the other seems plain, but still very similar in comparison. They also see a fat, rather poorly-dressed man who seems to have made the conscious decision to wear sandals in fall. The man notices them quickly.

"Who the hell are you two? What are you doing here?" he asks while the two women look at Hungry Pete distrustfully.

"We are here on a pilgrimage!" Hungry Pete states simply. "To touch the finger of God and find the true path!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 23, 2014, 09:57:43 am »

"Bam. Yeah, man," Halesey tells Jesus, "Those are literally potatoes."

He turns briefly to Larry.

"What happened last time the power of potatoes touched the power of potatoes, dude? I think that memory might be left in the part of my brain I upgraded. Can't seem to remember. Probably shouldn't risk- or... oh well. Why not... They're only zombies, right?"

Maximum Overpotato the zombie group hug.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 23, 2014, 10:26:34 am »

"Can't say I know the man, no."

Accompany Clair into the store to buy a cabbage

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 23, 2014, 10:29:50 am »

Larry is too awed by potatoes to notice the kid leaving again.  "Fuckin' potatoes, man."

Try again with the vortex
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 23, 2014, 11:12:55 am »

Clair and John decide that it's probably best to not associate with people who are tripping as many balls as intensely as Samuel, who even now seems to be reading something.

"No, sir," says Clair, pretending to only now notice the flailing, rolling mass of elbows, knees and magic next to her.

"Can't say I know the man, no," John adds.

"Great. Guess I'll have to drag him over to the security office, then," he says, grabbing Samuel by the feet even as he stares at the funny pictures in his book.

[Samuel's mind roll: 2+1]

The baked wizard's very own magical mystery tour this time around turns out a little disappointing. Maybe it's that he wasn't rolling around as hard. Or maybe it's the fact that the blood is rushing to his head a little. Or maybe it's the way he's being manhandled by what looks like a Skeksis, which is a bit disturbing. In any case, the magic does not find as easy a path through his nostrils into his brain as usual.

Spoiler: Samuel's New Spell (click to show/hide)

While Samuel is dragged away to a more suitable resting place, Clair and John go shopping for cabbage - there does seem to be a lot of it in the produce section, they notice. Like, a veritable goddamn bin of cabbage. And it's not too expensive, either. Upon grabbing a head of cabbage (with John's considerate help, obviously), Clair heads back to the register, where she purchases said cabbage. The lady at the counter asks absolutely no questions about this, though her smile does seem a little forced. And her eyes dart around in a way Clair does not entirely appreciate.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 23, 2014, 05:41:53 pm »

"I'm 'sposed to pull God's Finger or something. Do you know where it is mister?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:47 pm »

"I'm 'sposed to pull God's Finger or something. Do you know where it is mister?"

"No idea. For all I know, you two are a bunch of crazy hobos."

"Aha! There lies your error, my corpulent friend! Just because we are crazy hobos does not mean we do not carry God's light within us!"

"See, this is exactly what I'm talking about."

"What do you think, Willy, my boy? Shall we demonstrate the power of God to this infidel?"

"... not liking the sound of that," the woman suddenly speaks up. Her more fetching companion nods in agreement.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 23, 2014, 06:39:57 pm »

Cast POISONOUS TEA WAVE upon this fool!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:18:24 am by Gamerlord »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 24, 2014, 03:30:54 am »

Cast POISONOUS TEA WAVE upon this fool!

You can only have 3 spells due to your low Mind. Your number of possible spells is 3+Mind, in case you were wondering. So that means you've got two spells two many in that list of yours. If you want Poisonous Tea Wave, you need to get rid of one of the first three spells, plus another one to make room for Bless Unicycle.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 24, 2014, 03:36:36 am »

I'll remove Rain of Sweaty Ducks and Bless Unicycle.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 244