Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267514 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Wild Magicking
« Reply #795 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:18 am »

Follow clair into alley.
*looks at avatar* I'm now very worried for some reason.
((nah, it'll be fine. Trust me. I'm a trustworthy guy. Honest. Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 29, 2014, 07:58:41 am »

Samuel, not very happy at getting dragged off to his doom by something from a movie he saw once, tries to get out of this horrible situation in what may not be the most efficient, but what is definitely the most intriguing way - by conjuring a wave of poisonous tea!

[Samuel's affinity roll: 4]
[Security Guard's body roll: 6-->4]

Suddenly, a great mass of a brownish-green liquid appears in the air, flying at the bird creature from his right side. The unsubtlety of the wave, however, negatively impacts its effectiveness - the Skeksis drops to the ground after spotting it, and the wave goes right over him, crashing into a wall and splashing poisonous tea everywhere, but seemingly hurting nobody. Not yet, anyway. Samuel does notice that the tea, which seems to be staring at him oddly, is drawing awfully close to his prone form.

"Ghraah! What sorcery is this?" the Skeksis seems to ask.

Not very far from this scene of battle, Clair and John quickly get their cabbage and leave the store, heading out into an alley, Clair occasionally glancing at her quiet companion with a slight measure of distrust. The alley, fortunately, is unoccupied, so Clair pulls out the head of cabbage and tries to ensorcel it.

[Clair's affinity roll: 2]

The cabbage remains entirely detectable, though. Disturbingly so. John just looks at the thing uncomprehendingly, not sure what deeper meaning Clair is trying to attain from it.

In the factory, Halesey and Larry try to bring the matter of the zombies to a close.

"Yo Larry, let's just go, right? Leave 'em to the vortices... vortexes... something. Weren't we gonna go make cash or something?"

Halfway through the sentence, though, he decides that, really, what's one more musical garbage blast? Have to make sure these things are gone, right? Who knows what they could get up to otherwise.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 3]
[Halesey's finesse roll: 5]

He unerringly points his hand at one of the zombies' faces, and a group of tin cans shoots out of it, slamming into it and flying off in separate directions, playing an uncanny rendition of 'Shave and a Haircut' as they hit the ground. The zombie slightly loosens its grip on its two comrades, and thus slides slowly toward the vortexes, another of its comrades rolling past it and disappearing into the potato realm in short order. The others probably won't be long for this world, either. Guess it's time to leave.

"Uh, yeah, suck that!" Larry adds as they both head out. Soon enough they are outside, walking off to locate some manner of pawn shop - there isn't one in this neighborhood, but a broader search eventually leads them to a rather nasty-looking place closer to the center of town. It says 'Pawn Shop' on it, at least. In big, black letters on a yellow background, no less. Walking in, they notice that this appears to be as regular as a pawn shop in this area gets - lots of crap, lots of electronics, some interesting-looking stuff (some sort of musket, for instance, and a very old lawn mower) that the owner probably doesn't expect to sell. As the two stroll in, the man at the counter looks at the two expectantly.

"Hello?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 29, 2014, 08:02:43 am »

DAMNIT. UNDULATING PEACH GOLEM WALL.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 29, 2014, 08:05:23 am »

DAMNIT. UNDULATING PEACH GOLEM WALL.

Protip: it's usually best to state where you want something to appear. Otherwise it's random.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 29, 2014, 08:10:32 am »

MAKE IT HAPPEN INSIDE OF HIM. MAKE HIM EXPLODE WITH UNDULATING PEACHY GOODNESS.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 29, 2014, 08:23:49 am »

"That not right, maybe I missed something."

Read mag

Spoiler: Clair Malk (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 29, 2014, 08:54:00 am »

"Show him one of your books, dude..."

Examine the musket.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 29, 2014, 08:56:18 am »

"Well, might as well try something out myself."

Cast attract sausages. observe results

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 29, 2014, 10:03:50 am »

Samuel, hoping to vanquish his avian adversary, tries to summon an undulating peach golem wall next. Inside the guy, preferably!

[Samuel's affinity roll: 2]

No such wall appears, though. Not within the creature or anywhere else. The Skeksis seems to be quite confused.

"I must report to my overseers!" he crows, rushing off someplace. Ha-hah! He is vanquished! And now Samuel is lying in a massive puddle of poisonous tea. Hm. Hopefully it doesn't work on contact with one's skin.

Clair wonders what might have gone wrong here. Probably everything. And someone's undoubtedly responsible. Regardless, she will consult her tome of knowledge for aid.

[Clair's mind roll: 3+1+1]

The infinite chaos of color appears to be warming up to her slowly, as this time three migrating lights come into her possession after a bit of hunting. This is becoming quite enjoyable indeed.

Spoiler: Clair's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

John looks on as Clair stares at her magazine. Hm.

"Well, might as well try something out myself," he eventually says, and tries to attract some sausages.

[John's affinity roll: 6-->3]

He concentrates on the idea of becoming a true sausage magnet, a power to truly reckon with in this day and age. For the first twenty or so seconds, he doesn't quite notice anything happening. Then he hears some glass breaking in the distance. Then nothing. Hm. What about-

[John's body roll: 5-1]

As he hears the wind shift behind him, he quickly ducks, and notices a rather sizable length of sausage fly over his head, visibly arcing toward him. Luckily, when it changed direction, it lost a lot of its speed. This sausage is followed by several smaller ones. Seems like there's a butcher shop nearby or something.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 29, 2014, 10:10:02 am »

Get up and go find the others.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:53 am »

Clair stares at the third spell before choosing the second.

She then look for clues on the three drop outs

Spoiler: clair malk (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 29, 2014, 11:06:08 am »

Larry nods, and approaches the counter.  "Look at this, bro; I got some wack shit that I know you'll love here!"

Show him the book!  While he's distracted, Breathe out some more.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:12:35 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 29, 2014, 01:01:47 pm »

"Pretty good, Larry, pretty good. Fluent, almost. You should get out some more while he's not looking..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 29, 2014, 01:27:24 pm »

"Good idea."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 29, 2014, 03:42:34 pm »

Halesey has a brilliant suggestion.

"Show him one of your books, dude..." he tells Larry as he examines the musket - it looks old, ornate and in all likelihood completely useless to any reasonable person. Probably not very useful to Halesey, either, considering you have to load it through the muzzle and it doesn't help him conjure potato vortexes in any measurable way. Not as much as ridding himself of his filthy vestments might, anyway.

Larry, meanwhile, walks up to the pawnbroker.

"Look at this, bro; I got some wack shit that I know you'll love here!"

"You have no idea how often I-" the pawnbroker begins, but then Larry shows him the mag. "What's this?" he asks, opening up and beginning to look through the mag. "Whoa," he can only say as his eyes wander over the pages.

"Pretty good, Larry, pretty good. Fluent, almost. You should get out some more while he's not looking..." Halesey adds, pausing in his appreciation of antiquated weapons of war.

"Good idea," Larry replies, preparing to breathe divine gentlemen's literature once again.

[Larry's affinity roll: 6-->6+1]

His mouth opens wider than he ever thought possible, and magazines begin to spill out in massive quantities, filling the floor of the pawn shop rapidly. Soon enough, Larry is buried up to his waist in various mysterious divine mags, and the rest of the store is filled up to knee height. Quite the deluge. There's probably not been one like it in the longest time. And the pawnbroker doesn't seem to have noticed any of it, transfixed as he is. He appears to snap out of it quickly, though, raising his eyes back to Larry.

"This is amazing. Where'd you get this thing? And... hey, what happened just now?" he asks as he notices the way his floor has suddenly filled up with godly smut and the way Larry seems to be reflexively wiping his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 244