Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267571 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »

"Feckin' feck, man! Shit! There's no end to the feckin' feckers! What out Elizabeth, I'm gonna blast that fecker off of you!"

Run (or stroll slowly through mucus) towards Elizabeth and Musically Garbage Blast Tim off her at extreme close range.

((I can change targets if one of you is feeling particularly vulnerable.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2013, 02:07:13 pm »

"Who are you, where do you come from, and when are you leaving?  This is our place now."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2013, 03:46:16 pm »

"That sounds intriguing...what might apprenticeship entail?"

"It's kinda like you're a squire, I'm a knight, that kinda thing. I've got the magical know-how and leyline, you've got the dinosaurs. And other stuff. Be my apprentice, and you can get all sorts of stuff from me and my friends. And I've got a knack for this magic junk, you know. I can maybe teach you some things if Archie helps! Important stuff."

"Who are you, where do you come from, and when are you leaving?  This is our place now."

"It hardly matters to anyone, on all four counts, really. And when can you really call a place your own? In time, you will die and your bones will be swept away, leaving nothing behind. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. And maybe not even those two, apparently."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2013, 03:58:03 pm »

"Wrong answer, fruit cake.  I intend to live forever, and even if I don't, right NOW this place is mine.  Piss off!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2013, 01:03:13 am »

"Wrong answer, fruit cake.  I intend to live forever, and even if I don't, right NOW this place is mine.  Piss off!"

"Your ambitions are doomed to fail. Still, don't mind me. I'll just be lying here, good sir. I simply do not have the will necessary to get up these days."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2013, 01:09:47 am »

"I suppose it's an offer I can't refuse." Kat says.

"Very well, I accept. Is there any ceremony? Or should we just spend the rest of the night getting plastered and casting spells at jerks?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2013, 12:44:52 pm »

"Whatever, weirdo.  Just don't move."

With that, Larry hops up.  The center of the ley line has to be here somewhere...

Track down the ley line center and bask in its power.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2013, 03:17:40 pm »

"I suppose it's an offer I can't refuse." Kat says.

"Very well, I accept. Is there any ceremony? Or should we just spend the rest of the night getting plastered and casting spells at jerks?"

Perfidy looks quite happy now, doing a little spin on her heel, one arm outstretched upwards. She seems to be going for some kind of pose here.

"Awesome! Got an apprentice now, woo! No real ceremony, I guess, though if you've got a suggestion on what particular jerks you'd like to visit, I'm all ears. Random violence is kinda fun, as is getting plastered, but better to hurt people you hate, you know? And I myself kinda ran out of those a few days ago. At least, people within my reach, if you know what I mean. So, got anyone?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »

She thinks a moment, but the choice is never in doubt.

"How about the guy who stole my job? I was a photographer. He planted a false lead for me to follow, then tossed me to the wolves when the story came out as a scam. Got my position on the editorial staff, so I hear.

Jacob Whittaker. Scumbag."
She says, folding her arms.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2013, 01:30:14 am »

"May I suggest just one tiny little thing? Fuck you."

Get the man to start blathering again, then shut his goddamn mouth. With napkins. Perhaps add a knee to the crotch or two.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2013, 10:01:58 am »

((OK, no idea what this is or what its about, just wanted to let you know I read the title as "The Making of a Sandwich"))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2013, 11:24:34 am »

Halesey, aware that Elizabeth has been immobilized for quite long enough, tries to help her with his musical garbage blast, running determinedly toward the pile of people on the mucus and napkin-filled ground!

[Halesey's affinity roll: 2-1+2]
[Halesey's finesse roll: 3]

He aims at the two people on the ground, and a bent tin can shoots out from his palm, bouncing off Tim's back, a perfect C sharp ringing out through the room. Or it would ring out through the room if it were not for all these mop golems milling about. Tim is unimpressed. Elizabeth, currently underneath the fellow, has words to say to the man.

"May I suggest just one tiny little thing? Fuck you."

"No, thank you. I don't think it would help. Not to mention that you're a little thin for my tastes, miss. I'm sorry."

[Elizabeth's finesse vs. Tim's finesse: 3-1 vs. 4]

Elizabeth shoves her napkin-hand toward Tim's face, but the fellow moves his bedeviled visage out of the way before she can give him a faceful of frozen napkins.

"Now, miss, I know you must be overcome with rejection, but-"

[Elizabeth's body vs. Tim's body: 1-1 vs. 2]

"-there's really no need to keep on kicking and shoving me like that. I'm quite miserable already, you see. Friendless and pointless as I am, why wouldn't I be?" Tim speaks as Elizabeth tries to feebly, yet repeatedly knee him in the crotch, finding that the lack of leverage really hurts her chances to inflict a whole lot of pain.

Larry, unconcerned by these mortal affairs, looks about for the leyline to put an end to this silly business going on here. He steadfastly pushes past several golems, reaching where he believes the leyline to be quite easily. However, before he can reach it, he sees a pair of somewhat shabby pants floating in the air. How odd, he thinks.

Kat considers who she thinks worthy of magical vengeance. It takes but a moment.

"How about the guy who stole my job? I was a photographer. He planted a false lead for me to follow, then tossed me to the wolves when the story came out as a scam. Got my position on the editorial staff, so I hear."

"Jacob Whittaker. Scumbag."

Perfidy nods along, smiling.

"Stole your job, eh? Suppose he's a right piece of shit, yeah? Tell me about him. Gotta work up a rage, you know. What's the worst thing he ever did? And gimme some o' that wine, too. That helps as well."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2013, 01:19:28 pm »

"If you folks are done playing grabass, I think the leyline's here."

Hmmm... what to do with floating pants?  Wonder if that tea thing would help?

Inspect the floating pants with the teascope.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »

Remembering that he probably had his stupid desk shield to protect him, Halesey decided to go for it, and charged into close combat with the heinous Tim, tearing him off the poor girl and exposing him (Tim, that is) to a blast of raw frozen napkins, or whatever other such power as the budding mage might possess.

Help Elizabeth remove Tim

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2013, 12:44:26 am »

"I'm fairly sure that assaulting people like this really hurts your chances of making any friends, though. Also, see a psychologist. Or someone else actually paid to listen to your bullshit. Now get off me. Please. In the grand scheme of things it's absolutely insignificant either way, so why not respect the wishes of your counterpart? This is the first step to striking up some sort of friendship, you know."

Just keep going I have to get some sort of good roll at some point damnit
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 244