Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

FEF2 Extended Edition?

Yas pls, for extra epicness and plot and FEF1 lore connections!
Nah, we had enough and this game should end with Julius' coronation.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 543

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2), OOC Thread. ~FIN~  (Read 356448 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2), OOC Thread. IT HAS BEGUN!
« Reply #1065 on: September 02, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »

Considering the VERY low chance of a crit, and an even lower chance for Sakura and Sara to miss. It's fairly likely you will get that killing blow. And if either of those two crits? You get a chance at Leif instead. As for a counter? You have enough HP to stay standing expecially if he cannot double. If you didn't, I would have a different opinion about all this at the current moment but the fact remains.

If I have to remind you that you don't get to put any personal desire ahead of the group here. We work as a team, and we act as such and thus means you can't start bitching about killstealing (Espcially since this isn't classic FE, where who got the kill got the most XP from that enemy.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 02, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »

On the other hand, we don't need you dictating literally every aspect of our strategy. Especially now, when we don't even NEED any strategy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 02, 2013, 06:40:22 pm »

If I have to remind you that you don't get to put any personal desire ahead of the group here. We work as a team, and we act as such and thus means you can't start bitching about killstealing (Espcially since this isn't classic FE, where who got the kill got the most XP from that enemy.)
The man speaks truth.

On the other hand, we don't need you dictating literally aspect of our strategy. Especially now, when we don't even NEED any strategy.
And so does this one. Truth everywhere!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 02, 2013, 06:47:25 pm »

It's called not dawdling Powder. Quicker we gimp these guys, the better. Along with drilling that into early so we don't end up cocking up badly. And I may be dictating an entire plan, sure, but planning IS a integral part of almost any game with a strategic/tactical aspect, and it's not like you guys are putting your own plans forward so...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 02, 2013, 07:05:35 pm »

We're not putting our entire plans forward because we're smart enough to do this on our own. We don't need to worry about dawdling, we're in a good enough position for exact combination of people attacking people not even to matter.

There is a reason, you see, why your plans tend to get ignored in favor of "Attack who I want to attack"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 02, 2013, 07:07:06 pm »

You realize that line of thinking caused Chapter nine's cock-up, don't you?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 02, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »

And if either of those two crits? You get a chance at Leif instead.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I play these games to have fun. If I don't get to take any kind of action (that isn't outright suicide, that is), I don't have fun. My personal desires are, and should be, my highest priority. Naturally, I should weigh immediate pleasure against future blabbity blah blah etc etc ad nauseam.

Also, I'm already getting tired of the 'fearless leader' shtick. Also also, don't pretend no one was doing any sort of planning before you put forth your plan.

Okay, once levels are posted, I'm thinking Sakura and Sheila hit the Archer, Efa and Maible can go for Leif. Any objections or counter-suggestions?

Or did you forget?

Lastly, I've got my roleplaying to think about here. Sheila doesn't know (or trust, or even like) Sara, and she has a straight shot to a defenseless archer. Yeah, Sheila's going to step aside for her to come in, then engage the archer at his favored range.

You realize that line of thinking caused Chapter nine's cock-up, don't you?

Stop comparing this molehill to the nigh unscaleable mountain too.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 02, 2013, 07:11:47 pm »

When I offer plans to the group, I make things a bit vague to allow for personal agency. I only give out plans for certain situations as I deem it necessary as well, as I don't see the point in putting mental power in something trivial.

Were there times people did things that weren't exactly the smartest? Completely, sometimes to the detriment to the plans that I offer to get the group out of a tight spot, but you just roll with it as things happen yah know? It's hard to dictate a plan to a large group of people and misinterpretation is supposed to be expected. People don't tend to appreciate it when you give every single detail of their action from my experience also, another reason why I keep it vague.

That's my opinion on the matter, if wanted. I like to think that my plans are typically sound, but I don't really bother with them unless needed as I'm sure I'd annoy people.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:13:26 pm by Xanmyral »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 02, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »

Besides, the problem in Chapter 9 was that the group had come up with a strategy, but everyone thought their variation was better and charged forward. I know, having been a part of the actual chapter.

So... I would say deeming your plan prevalent above all others is the real incorrect line of thinking.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:48 pm »

I blame myself for that mess because I had forgotten how to be strategic during my absence >_<
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 02, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »

I blame myself for that mess because I had forgotten how to be strategic during my absence >_<
Nah man, don't do that. Stuff happens and the important bit is making things right, not dwelling on the bad. There was a lot of reasons why it happened, you can't really pin it on one specific thing. The snow, the houses, the hostage, the high level enemies, a momentary lapse, flying enemies, lots and lots of enemies, etc.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 02, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »

It was just a bad scene all around. The snow in particular hassles our maneuvering, one of the things we usually rely on most.

Edit: Wolf, might wanna bold your action. Hasp is particular about formatting.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:47 pm »

It was just a bad scene all around. The snow in particular hassles our maneuvering, one of the things we usually rely on most.

Edit: Wolf, might wanna bold your action. Hasp is particular about formatting.

Thanks, also I like how everyone wants me to nuke the bad guy

and other than health that level up had everything useful to me, pretty sweet
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 02, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »

Thanks, also I like how everyone wants me to nuke the bad guy

You are in the happy position of being in the right place, at the right time, with the right weapon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 02, 2013, 08:10:19 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 543