Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4577 4578 [4579] 4580 4581 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127567 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68670 on: May 11, 2014, 08:37:34 am »

((*cough*, Stella is fire immune, *cough*. Even if the damage is not nullified, it would at least be halved. (which reminds me, ICARUS is fire resistant as well, though not to the extend of Stella. I guess whatever damage reduction Stella getsx0.5))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68671 on: May 11, 2014, 08:38:16 am »

Kyle blinks as there is no way he could have missed a giant window logically.

Then Kyle just waits flies at the large group of fighters and charges a bomber using the advantage he would logically get from being a small moving high speed projectile to smash through it's window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68672 on: May 11, 2014, 08:41:49 am »

<Mhm.>
<The panic that was limited to a handful of people who thought it was Nazis invading, a bunch of people who were annoyed at the radio station for risking causing a panic, and one guy who posed for Life magazine?>

"Motherf^&#er!"
Nuriel simply attempts to rip the fighter apart.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68673 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:07 am »

((*cough*, Stella is fire immune, *cough*. Even if the damage is not nullified, it would at least be halved. (which reminds me, ICARUS is fire resistant as well, though not to the extend of Stella. I guess whatever damage reduction Stella getsx0.5))
((Not fire, thing more of a giant directed lightning bolt, which is plasma.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68674 on: May 11, 2014, 08:45:25 am »

"I have a feeling that my magic won't work against the demon plating because of Bartimaeus. It's strange, we use void magic yet we have creation in ourselves."
Alucard flies forward.
Alucard throws two caskets of void fire (not demon magic) at a fighter after he's at a close range. Stuff would probably eat away at anything creation.

The Karakil flies beside a fighter.
The Karakil tries to smack its tail into the fighter's cockpit.

<God damnit why can't I use my magic!? Damnit, I'll go get some AA gear.>
Bartimaeus teleports out of the fight and into the IRIS weapons vault and brings out an IRIS SAM turret with missiles.

<These things are fast...>
HILDA flies forward and technomances two more particle turrets.
She fires all three of her turrets at the fighters.

<I really don't want to just do this, but I guess I have to.>
Winry attempts to just disable a fighter's engine by fucking up stuff inside it from a distance.

<I don't think I was in Creation the time that happened.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68675 on: May 11, 2014, 08:45:41 am »

<Concentrate fire on the first fighter, I got this one>

ICARUS needs a bit of time, so she powers up her cyclonic barrier, she can't really dodge while installing a bomb. (30 mana spent 300 remaining, increasing her endurance by 15 for this round. Any damage blocked by the shield (current endurance, so 35 per incoming attack) has it's trajectory changed, and with high likelyhood will hit jet 2.

She then proceed to set a thermite charge on the engine (4 out fo 5 charges left), and sets the timer to 10 seconds.

Once set, she simply lets go of the jet and takes back into the air, shield still active.

((plasma first and foremost depends on heat, not on electricity. I have worked with plasma several years, in an ICP-spectrometer (inductive coupled plasma), where its a strong magnetic field that heats up argon to form a plasma. Lightning has plasma because the electricity is very hot, but electricity really is no prerequisite. Either way, Stella would at least resist it to some degree, as it's the heat that gives plasma it's punch))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:49:54 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68676 on: May 11, 2014, 08:53:22 am »

a giant directed lightning bolt
((Regardless of his explanation as to why lightning bolts aren't affected by fire immunity, they aren't.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68677 on: May 11, 2014, 08:54:18 am »

If Sanure desires it, Spooky may or may not be lurking relatively close to the ground and preparing to fire an airburst shell or five into the main formation to make their lives miserable.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68678 on: May 11, 2014, 08:56:13 am »

((the hell is spooky anyway?))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68679 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:05 am »

<Concentrate fire on the first fighter, I got this one>

ICARUS needs a bit of time, so she powers up her cyclonic barrier, she can't really dodge while installing a bomb. (30 mana spent 300 remaining, increasing her endurance by 15 for this round. Any damage blocked by the shield (current endurance, so 35 per incoming attack) has it's trajectory changed, and with high likelyhood will hit jet 2.

She then proceed to set a thermite charge on the engine (4 out fo 5 charges left), and sets the timer to 10 seconds.

Once set, she simply lets go of the jet and takes back into the air, shield still active.

((plasma first and foremost depends on heat, not on electricity. I have worked with plasma several years, in an ICP-spectrometer (inductive coupled plasma), where its a strong magnetic field that heats up argon to form a plasma. Lightning has plasma because the electricity is very hot, but electricity really is no prerequisite. Either way, Stella would at least resist it to some degree, as it's the heat that gives plasma it's punch))

((Before a pissing contest gets started (and yes, I am in a bad mood. Hangover and what not.) I consider Plasma as an electric attack. Also,   the Plasma cannons on the fighters deal a base 125 damage. No I'm not revealing the Fighters stats. The info on them is unknown to the group and people have a tendency to psuedo-meta when they learn new OOC info.))

((GWG, Bite me))

((spooky is an anthromorphic bomber. Who I happen to have a picture of for the inevitable moment I forget who she is. Which has happened before.))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68680 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:03 am »

((AC-130U, thank you very much. Fixedwing gunship =/= bomber.

And yes, she IS prepared to GTFO out of there because this really isn't her thing. ))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68681 on: May 11, 2014, 08:59:12 am »

((ah, one fo those flying fortresses things))

((to speed things along, if no one minds, I give Stella the auto attack of breathing fire on jet 1))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:01:06 am by Akroma »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68682 on: May 11, 2014, 09:03:09 am »

((ah, one fo those flying fortresses things))

((to speed things along, if no one minds, I give Stella the auto attack of breathing fire on jet 1))

((i'd allow it, but I don't really feel like posting the next turn until my headache stops being a headache...))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68683 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:01 am »

((eat and apple and drink water, best cure for headaches))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68684 on: May 11, 2014, 09:06:01 am »

((eat and apple and drink water, best cure for headaches))

((headache is part of a hangover I can't remember how I got.))
Pages: 1 ... 4577 4578 [4579] 4580 4581 ... 4748