Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3846 3847 [3848] 3849 3850 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3119927 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #57705 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:18 am »

No. I don't. Do you want to read another one?

"If you didn't then why did you tell it to me like that? And yes, please."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #57706 on: March 29, 2014, 08:26:15 am »

Marie sketches Rose's runes more, of course.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57707 on: March 29, 2014, 08:34:50 am »

"Yes, this will be enough, lets test the apples. HILDA, be careful, right now Alice is unrestrained and potentialy dangerous."

ICARUS tests some more apples.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57708 on: March 29, 2014, 08:44:17 am »

"Yes, this will be enough, lets test the apples. HILDA, be careful, right now Alice is unrestrained and potentialy dangerous."

ICARUS tests some more apples.

"As... As long as you... you don't get close to me HILDA you... you should be ok." she turned back to ICARUS "Ok, I'm... I'm ready"

Alice let the apples touch her skin. Increasing the heart rate did not seem to have much effect on anything, they simply rotted at the same rate as the standard.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57709 on: March 29, 2014, 08:46:30 am »

"Alright. We have some leftover apples, so one more test for today. For now I have been tesing at a low rate, to make sure your mana leveled stayed up. I will now test in rapid succession, to drain you entirely and see how that affects you and the rotting."

ICARUS does so.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57710 on: March 29, 2014, 08:55:56 am »

"Alright. We have some leftover apples, so one more test for today. For now I have been tesing at a low rate, to make sure your mana leveled stayed up. I will now test in rapid succession, to drain you entirely and see how that affects you and the rotting."

ICARUS does so.

Alice nodded as ICARUS began

"Does... Does losing all your mana usually have negative effects?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57711 on: March 29, 2014, 08:58:04 am »

"It's said to be very exhausting."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57712 on: March 29, 2014, 08:58:40 am »

Marie sketches Rose's runes more, of course.

Rose tries not to notice Marie, nor does she ask why she followed them into Mallory's room.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57713 on: March 29, 2014, 09:16:38 am »

"It's said to be very exhausting."

"Ok then" Her mana began to drain as the apples continued to touch her skin, Alice felt exhaustion come over her as the testing continued. Her eye-lids drooped and the rotting did not appear to be effected so far, it continued this way until Alice was completely out of mana. She lay on the ground as the last of it was drained and unable to keep her eyes open any longer she closed them, the next apple that ICARUS touched to her skin though did not rot.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57714 on: March 29, 2014, 09:19:46 am »

"Hmm. It seems the rotting is very mana-efficent. It won't be feasible to interact with it in this fashion. I am sorry, you had to go through this and it let nowhere. Let me help you up, lets get you inside and rest."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57715 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:53 am »

Bartimaeus doesn't reply, but simply writes the story hastily before she turns the page.
   The air was cold with a deadly touch and the full moon glimmered through the dense layer of clouds in the sky, blocking the shining stars that shone scattered about. The old oaken trees of the forest scattered throughout in utter silence as the air grew still--tall grass covered the ground along with other green shrubbery. A faint rustle was heard within a tree, breaking the long silence of the peaceful forest. Up in the trees a tall man stood. His eyes were a dark green color and his head was shrouded by a dark-green hood which topped his cloak. His face was dirtied and scarred from prior battles. He leaped down and brought a longbow with him which he sat resting upon the tree branch. This man was known simply as the 'Redwood', a rogue mage who strangled unwary travelers with a powerful vine.
   Alucard strode nonchalantly through the forest with the raven Bartimaeus perched onto his shoulder with an open eye, occasionally shooting his jet black eyes place to place as if it sees something, only to return to its prior position. Alucard suddenly stopped, his heavy dark boots crunching upon the leaves and shrubbery of the forest. He had came into a clearing when Bartimaeus tapped his shoulder with a talon, indicating that Redwood is near. Alucard simply looked forward with indifferent pale yellow lenses glowing on his mask, waiting for the deadly and swift vine to lash out at him.
His vine came.
   Alucard swiftly held up his hand, catching the tip of the thick and thorned vine in his glove. Alucard simply brought the vine down and slammed the heel of his foot upon it, silencing the plant. Alucard looked up and saw the glowing green eyes of Redwood as three vines danced behind him in staccato. Alucard chuckled.
 "Your murder spree ends here," Alucard sternly said as he took a gentle step forward, releasing the dead vine from under his boot. "It would do you better to simply surrender."
 "I have no intention of doing so, IRIS operative."
Redwood said as he leaped down from the tree branch, landing softly on the greenery below. Alucard took another step towards Redwood--a black ball of arcing energy was charging in his right glove, yearning to open a portal to the void and burn Redwood in a fiery inferno.
 "Very well," Alucard replied as he lobbed the ball forward. The ball landed in front of Redwood and opened a large rift to the void with a fully charged inferno burning hastily within. An explosion followed, covering the air in ashes and burning the shrubbery. Redwood gasped in pain as his skin boiled from the intense heat. He sent out a vine swiftly cracking through the air at Alucard, whom blocked it with his arm harmlessly. Redwood raised his arm high and the ground rumbled--a tree emerged from the ground with a grinning face and glowing green eyes as it swing a heavy wooden arm at Alucard. Alucard jumped over it as Bartimaeus flew high in the sky. He shapeshifted into a fiery phoenix and spat a fireball from his mouth which hit the treant in the back, shrouding it in a bright flame. Alucard took the final attack and shot off a lance of void energy into the treant, slicing it clean in half. He made for Redwood, sprinting in a linear motion. Redwood simply stared in disbelief as Alucard raised a leg and lept into the air, his foot shrouded in powerful void magic. It made short work of Redwood's face, and sent him painfully throbbing against a hard shell of a tree. Bartimaeus changed form into the Voidcrosser sword and landed into Alucard's hand, whom swiftly pointed it at Redwood's neck.

"You have lost. Come with me or die." Alucard simply commanded. Redwood looked up in pain, his teeth clenching. He shot an arm up at Alucard who slit his throat with the Voidcrosser. Redwood dropped to the ground, lifeless as his neck bled and sunk into the earth. His body would decay and fertilize the soil, helping the trees which he spent all his life with to prosper for the same exact reason he killed--to grow the forest.

The end.

Copyright © Bartimaeus 2014, all rights reserved.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57716 on: March 29, 2014, 09:25:02 am »

"Hmm. It seems the rotting is very mana-efficent. It won't be feasible to interact with it in this fashion. I am sorry, you had to go through this and it let nowhere. Let me help you up, lets get you inside and rest."

Alice's eyes flickered open slightly and a tired smile came onto her face

"It's... It's ok, it's... it's still something I... I didn't know before. Going... Going inside sounds good, I... I don't think I... I can stay awake much longer" with ICARUS's help Alice was able to stand up, she was mostly leaning on the robot though.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:28:55 am by Kansa »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57717 on: March 29, 2014, 09:26:02 am »

-snip-

"That was a good story. How much of it was true?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57718 on: March 29, 2014, 09:29:10 am »

Okay, I may have left out some pieces of dialogue and oversimplified the fight.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57719 on: March 29, 2014, 09:29:46 am »

Okay, I may have left out some pieces of dialogue and oversimplified the fight.

"Like any good storyteller should do. But everything else?"
Pages: 1 ... 3846 3847 [3848] 3849 3850 ... 4748