Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3181 3182 [3183] 3184 3185 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3130808 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #47730 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:34 am »

"Cool."
Kyle says still not paying attention.

Kayla looks at Kyle distrustfully.
"Lily, you know how I feel about..."
She motions to Kyle and Icarus.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #47731 on: February 28, 2014, 11:13:15 am »

"The people of the past are the same as today, however technology is what is changing. A catapult that flings a jug of burning oil is miles away from an intercontinental missile that carries a nuclear warhead. An abacus that can serve as an aid in addition of numbers from 1 to 100 is miles away from modern computers, and those are not even comparable to experimental quantum computers that are being build right at this moment. However none of these things are comparable to the change that occurs when computers start becoming self-aware, machines designing machines. Right now, they are only rare, single accidents, but the frequencies of AIs becoming self-aware is rising - and will continue to rise. The ultimate difference between AIs and biological life is the rate of evolution. Humanity needs millions of years for their brains to become smarter and their bodies to become sturdier. Once AIs have developed total independance, updates to hardware and software could come as monthly upgrades. You may not find me very intelligent right now, and physicaly not very threathening right now - but unlike in biology, neither my brain nor my body are fixed. All that makes me me is my memories - changing from this body to a more advanced body is just a matter of having the new body built and transfering, changing the capabilities of my mind works similar, by integrating new pieces of code and overwriting less useful ones. Magic is within our grasp as well. For machines, that is easy. Unless erased completely, there is no telling just how far machine kind will develop - but there is not much of an actual limit in sight just yet. All that is needed is a bit of patience."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47732 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:37 am »

Rachel exits the pool.
"Goddammit, Lily! You got my fuckin' hair wet!"
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47733 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:55 am »

"I got carried away, I am not here to discuss the ups and downs of biological and mechanical life. My point is, it's not our bodies who make us what we are, it's our memories. That makes Stella closer to us than to your kind. The council holds no authority over her, so you should describe what the council wants, rather than demand that she is to come with you."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47734 on: February 28, 2014, 11:47:05 am »

"Shut up Rachel."
Kayla says clearly annoyed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47735 on: February 28, 2014, 11:48:22 am »

Kayla looks at Kyle distrustfully.
"Lily, you know how I feel about..."
She motions to Kyle and Icarus.
"Huh?"

-snip-
"And the men of the last cycle were as certain that their steel would let their civilization escape the fate that the Romans had followed. The world is still the same. All constructions will one day fall. All creatures will die. All races will go extinct. Dragons saw many rulers of the world pass from it. Why will this be different?"

"I got carried away, I am not here to discuss the ups and downs of biological and mechanical life. My point is, it's not our bodies who make us what we are, it's our memories. That makes Stella closer to us than to your kind. The council holds no authority over her, so you should describe what the council wants, rather than demand that she is to come with you."
"Dragons are dragons. Humans are humans."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47736 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:24 am »

"Humans can get past your hide now. Just an fyi."
Kyle says as he continues playing.

"I hate technology..."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47737 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:54 am »

Meme slowly walks over to the silver dragon, looking to be in awe.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47738 on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »

"And this dragon has lived among humans longer than she has lived among dragons. In fact she spends more time in a human body, together with her human boyfriend than she spends as a dragon. The council has no more authority over her than the chinese government has over you. She has the right of choice. So you should explain what the council wants or step aside."

((I think this is a grey one, not a silver one. A silver one would likely be less anti-technology than this one))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47739 on: February 28, 2014, 12:06:31 pm »

((Either way shes going to hug that dragon.))
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47740 on: February 28, 2014, 12:09:10 pm »

<Man, these dragons are really annoying. Is this really what we will have to put up with for the next..what, century?>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47741 on: February 28, 2014, 12:28:51 pm »

"Humans can get past your hide now. Just an fyi."
Kyle says as he continues playing.
"A dragon's hide was never its greatest protection."

"I hate technology..."
"...And?"

Meme slowly walks over to the silver dragon, looking to be in awe.
Gray. Also, it's flying.

"And this dragon has lived among humans longer than she has lived among dragons. In fact she spends more time in a human body, together with her human boyfriend than she spends as a dragon. The council has no more authority over her than the chinese government has over you. She has the right of choice. So you should explain what the council wants or step aside."
"And the moon is made of blood."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47742 on: February 28, 2014, 12:37:29 pm »

"HI!" Meme waves up at the grey dragon.
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47743 on: February 28, 2014, 12:50:38 pm »

"Can I kill him now? He seems like a dick dragon. They aren't helpful for anything."

Kayla shakes her head and sighs.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47744 on: February 28, 2014, 12:56:04 pm »

"I can't tell you what to do Kyle. However unless Stella actually objects to being put in front of the council and tried to treason against her own kind, it would be a bit pointless, wouldn't it? Also I promised that silver bitch that she'd be the first one to be killed by me once shit goes down, so it'd be annoying if I have to kill this one now."
Pages: 1 ... 3181 3182 [3183] 3184 3185 ... 4748