Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2752 2753 [2754] 2755 2756 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3120189 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #41295 on: February 11, 2014, 08:32:54 am »

Tobias notes to talk about this later.

Oh, hey. It's later. A guard walks up to Tobias, "You should head back to the great hall. The feast is starting soon."

"I hope so to."
Kyle smiles at Kelyn.

Kelyn nods slowly and smiles a bit. "That would be wonderful."

ICARUS is performing maintenance, to repair the minor dents the dog men made, recharges her battery and analyses combat data from the encounter.

Hainuwele has taken her price, one of the dog-mans eye balls, and roasts it over the fire for a delicious meal.

Sen is sitting beside Hainuwele, roasting the arm of one of the dog men. Sen doesn't care.

The servants mostly ignore ICARUS, Sen and Hainuwele, though some give the later two funny looks for choice of food.

Twi's characters make themselves comfy before Twi goes to sleep.

A servant brings out a basin and a jug of water for everyone to wash their hands in. Not exactly lap of luxury, but it's nice after camping in the woods.

All at once, Genovefa reappears and takes her seat, while armoured knights and other inhabitants of the castle sit down in the lower tables. Teams of servants bring out platters heaped with food (most of it meat), including a massive roasted boar, to the tables. Jugs full of wine, mead and ale are also brought out, and everyone's cups are filled. Genovefa stands up, "A toast, to honest travellers in these dark times!"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41296 on: February 11, 2014, 08:34:13 am »

Hainuwele <describes> where they group has gone to Lyle, then she turns to the servants offering her food. "Thanks, I', good."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41297 on: February 11, 2014, 08:36:18 am »

[To:Hainuwele]"You're talking to a demon who only gets nutrition from knowledge. Eating an arm is nothing to me. I could eat most of the entire body and still be hungry." Sen lets out a hearty laugh and takes a bite out of the arm.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:38:05 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41298 on: February 11, 2014, 08:38:40 am »

<...thanks.>

"They're this way, Mallory."

Yay they go that way.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41299 on: February 11, 2014, 08:43:03 am »

"If you're only eating for the enjoyment then, why bother with the tough parts?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41300 on: February 11, 2014, 08:45:45 am »

"I'm still a demon. I like feeling powerful." As a show of strength, Sen crunches the bone in half with her jaws. She gives a hearty laugh again.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #41301 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:14 am »

Kyle raises his glass in toast.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41302 on: February 11, 2014, 09:02:12 am »

((Cado, Is meme going to answer?))
((Sorry, missed it))

<Awistair maybe... what game?>
Meme sounds excited!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41303 on: February 11, 2014, 09:04:03 am »

Mallory follows Lyle to the blank spot and is curious as to how he suddenly seemed to know where to go, "How do you know where they are if they aren't here?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41304 on: February 11, 2014, 09:23:02 am »

Alistair looks around worriedly, looking for an out.
Angel's still holding onto him, so...
She starts to cry a bit.
"You don't like me, do you? You probably think I'm some annoying little kid..."

"This falls back into the 'small subset of population' thing. What do you think the dog-people would think of humans if the only humans they saw were bandits and soldiers?"
"The same as I do right now is no doubt the point you're aiming at. But the situation isn't reversed, and I haven't slaughtered any of their friends and family."
"You specifically? Those specific dog-men? Perhaps not. But, consider: Every dog-man you killed has a mother, they all have friends, most probably had wives, perhaps children. Moreover, I'd bet my little sister that you're not the only human to have killed a dog-person. And what on earth makes you think that all of them would spare the 'friends and family'?"

"Those dogmen weren't very murderous or stealy until... I don't really know what happened."
"Only because you caught them off guard."
"Mm-hm. They're totally murderous sons of bitches, every one, not unique, varied, and more or less moral individuals like make up humans. Those dogman bandits and raiders are the norm, while human bandits and raiders are the exception."

"I was busy dealing with the elf."
"Ditto."

"We're on a quest. For the holy grail."
Genovefa sighs, "I expect that I will be unable to convince you of the folly of your quest."
((See? Even NPCs know Kyle's an idiot! :P))
"Give it your best shot; if you convince the rest of us, we'll be able to save him."

Kyle looks at Bethany and shrugs.
"To be honest I was the only one I was absolutely sure was coming. Everyone else is here for their own reasons."
"And what reasons are these?"
"I wanted to help, and it seemed interested. At this point, attempting to remove this lady's prejudices with logic and patience is a secondary goal."

"It is quite a sight."
"Indeed."

"Please forgive my rudeness, but I must check on the cooks in the kitchen. I am sure that you are weary and wish to rest your feet. I will have someone bring out a jug of water for washing."
"No trouble, thank you very much."

Will examines the Great Hall, seeing if there's anything interesting to find out about it.

"thanks, though I may need you for a part of it"
<Here's hoping we finish grailing before then.>

<To creation, yes, but you can't really make the Void any worse...>
<Good Shys'm Caes, has Ashley taught you nothing? You never say things can't get worse!>
(Cue plot where things in the Void get worse.)

<Now think, what if Shys'm Caes were to say 'Jesus isn't my son'? That would be catastrophic to Christianity. Or what if she instead stated 'I prefer something heartfelt without any ritual'? When religions tend to be so rooted in ritual and tradition alike? Yes, not everyone will believe her, but some will and the fact that she can provide evidence to her divinity makes the situation far from negligible.>
<I'd say that her being female on its own would kinda screw with Christianity if the Pope hadn't declared her to be a demon and the Protestants hadn't mostly agreed with him.>

All at once, Genovefa reappears and takes her seat, while armoured knights and other inhabitants of the castle sit down in the lower tables. Teams of servants bring out platters heaped with food (most of it meat), including a massive roasted boar, to the tables. Jugs full of wine, mead and ale are also brought out, and everyone's cups are filled. Genovefa stands up, "A toast, to honest travellers in these dark times!"
Will looks a bit nervously at the drinks, but partakes of the toasts.

"I'm still a demon."
Will hopes neither the hostess nor her retinue heard this comment...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41305 on: February 11, 2014, 09:23:33 am »

Tobias returns to the feast.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41306 on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:19 am »

"Eating your kills just out of spite seems kinda petty."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #41307 on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:36 am »

"She's a demon, I'm a nightmare, we have robots and golems and shadow people. I think we're good, Will."

Moving on, dat feast! Marie takes the toast rather gleefully. Bismuth refuses it on grounds of her taste buds being horrible. She sits around and has polite portions of pretty much everything regardless.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41308 on: February 11, 2014, 09:57:22 am »

"Petty or not. They are delicious when charred." Sen finishes the arm, bone and all and heads off to look for a library.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41309 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:27 am »

Hainuwele considers Sen pretty disgusting, as she digs into her eyeball. It pops and squirts eye-juice into her face.

"Tst, damn, I hate it when this happens.."
Pages: 1 ... 2752 2753 [2754] 2755 2756 ... 4748