Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2574 2575 [2576] 2577 2578 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3132509 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #38625 on: February 05, 2014, 01:57:33 pm »

Fine. Magic jump and then blast it while punching it.
((Wait a moment, since Kyle's action stated he was discharging DURING the punch, he would have had to have commenced the punch FIRST.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #38626 on: February 05, 2014, 01:58:25 pm »

((If it's only rending his arm, then it actually wouldn't be that much of a problem. Since he has high END and there aren't any organs to trigger a detonation in his arm, he would only take about 20 damage and retain his arm.))

((Kyle does get two attacks per turb though.))

You didn't declare you were using multi-action, I think? Just doing a gauntlet-assisted facepunch.
((That's two attacks. One STR-based, one MAG-activated MIND-based.))

((I'm counting it as part of his punch because that's how he's triggering it.

Also, nope, roll+STR (because punch)+MIND(Gauntlet, also changes attack affinity to... whatver the christ distortions are).))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38627 on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »

((But which comes first? The MAG-based activation, the DEX-based attack, or the STR-MIND damage?))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #38628 on: February 05, 2014, 02:02:55 pm »

((But which comes first? The MAG-based activation, the DEX-based attack, or the STR-MIND damage?))

((Way I'm thinking it through, activation first because he has to have it active for its properties to apply. Then DEX to actually hit with the thing, but he critfailed the activation, causing him to get his arm torn off, thus losing his attack action because it is no longer viable. Also, lots of pain.

Though technically his magic jump would count as an action, so he wouldn't be able to do the gauntlet thing :/))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #38629 on: February 05, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »

((I think you're just arguing this because your bosses are being dealt with easily. I mean, Emp should have final say on the matter with no reason to let you change it.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #38630 on: February 05, 2014, 02:09:42 pm »

((grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat, first my (and 4 other actions) get entirely ignored because somehow Grand acted before everyone else, now the enemy pulls out an "everything auto fails" manouver. At least try to hide the fact that this battle is supposed to be lost))

((Also, Dumah has not been mentioned this round, whats the status on the LAZOR charging? It sort of matters))

Hainuwele tries to orient herself and uses one action to judge the ETA of the LAZOR being fired.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #38631 on: February 05, 2014, 02:11:07 pm »

((Any reason for France in particular?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38632 on: February 05, 2014, 02:11:15 pm »

((My argument is that it should not be localized to his arm. He would have gotten organ damage (reduced due to this being user-error rather than incompatibility) since his entire body was channeling the distortions when he rolled a 1 rather than losing an arm.

I'm not arguing that he shouldn't have been damaged if the magic jump wasn't affected by the curse, I'm arguing that he should have been internally vivisected to a low degree rather than being maimed. Same damage but with the need to get a healer rather than limb loss.))

((@Akroma, teleports via bracelet require 2 turns...))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38633 on: February 05, 2014, 02:18:37 pm »

((Well shit, in that case we all die if the ETA </= 1 round. Anyway, Rag, would you mind reading my posts? I clearly said that I'd activate the divine sands if she stays inside the picture, else she would go for the debuff move. Of course, with the OP "everything fails, lol", stuff going on, it would fail anyway. Then again, *retreating* was the first action, and *debuffing* the second action, which should work normaly, no? That bitches dex will be toast!..if the roll passes, but toast nevertheless!))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38634 on: February 05, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »

((Well shit, in that case we all die if the ETA </= 1 round. Anyway, Rag, would you mind reading my posts? I clearly said that I'd activate the divine sands if she stays inside the picture, else she would go for the debuff move. Of course, with the OP "everything fails, lol", stuff going on, it would fail anyway. Then again, *retreating* was the first action, and *debuffing* the second action, which should work normaly, no? That bitches dex will be toast!..if the roll passes, but toast nevertheless!))

Yay, double-post. Damnit, 504!

Note, since time paradox and all, in the case that in turn 4 the dex-debuff has worked, of course Hainuwele would not aim to debuff dex again and aim for End in round 5. If End debuff (second action round 4) was also successful, Hainuwele would aim for Mind.

See, this is why I dislike time paradoxes in games.

Whatever the outcome of round 4 and 5, in round 6 Hainuwele will either teleport the fuck away (if LAZOR incoming), or attempt to seal the magic. assuming that drizzle of sand didnt drain 40 Mana, I should still have enough for all the previous debuff attempts to work, the 200 for the magic seal and then still some to at least teleport away from the blast radius
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:29:09 pm by Akroma »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38635 on: February 05, 2014, 02:23:03 pm »

((Depending on Kyle's location, it may be MAD instead, if he's between Dumah and the house, Dumah can't safely fire as otherwise distortions would erupt out and start killing everything nearby the moment the blast hits the gauntlet.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38636 on: February 05, 2014, 02:24:05 pm »

<Do we know the identity of Dumah's host?>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38637 on: February 05, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

[To: William] <Please access the visual feeds and check if either of the angel' hosts have phones on them and the numbers of them.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #38638 on: February 05, 2014, 02:42:40 pm »

((I'll look back and edit the last turn momentarily, and I figured limb loss would be somewhat less major considering that he can just slap one of his MANY prosthesis on there. But sure, change the effect from limb loss to internal damage requiring an END50 each turn or be unable to act due to a combination of muscle damage and pain.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38639 on: February 05, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

Kyle raises an eyebrow at Will.
"What?"

[To: William] <Please access the visual feeds and check if either of the angel' hosts have phones on them and the numbers of them.>
<I'll try, but I'm not Deduce.>
((Cookie if anyone catches the reference.))
Will: Attempt to determine the phone numbers of the angels' hosts. Somehow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 2574 2575 [2576] 2577 2578 ... 4748