Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2517 2518 [2519] 2520 2521 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3122916 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #37770 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

<Who are we talking about? Seems important.> Sen makes a mental yawn. People on the channel can also hear linkin park playing in the background quietly.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37771 on: February 02, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »

<So they aren't even that important?>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37772 on: February 02, 2014, 08:16:09 pm »

"I'll need some scrap metal from the wreckage of a Layar dreadnaught, its mana infused which is better, Some meteoric gold, a couple of gems, the kind of gem determines the spells, and.... OH! some scales from a demon that has, well, scales. For mana capacity." Yomiko is thinking to make sure she has the right materials in her head, "I could also use iron pyrite in place of demon scales, in case they aren't readily available." Yomiko is still smiling. Creepy.
"Does it have to be meteoric? And if so, would taking a gold ingot or something then dropping it from orbit count? And what kind of gems correspond to what kind of magic?"

Atlas is still looking for Will, with note in hand from Sen.
He isn't hiding.

<So they aren't even that important?>
<The Amazon Rainforest provides a substantial chunk of our oxygen. Already, it's screwing up animal life across the globe.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37773 on: February 02, 2014, 08:24:06 pm »

Ashley is now in Maria's living room, watching the TV.
"Well this is worse than I thought."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37774 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »

Kyle makes an unimpressed noise.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #37775 on: February 02, 2014, 08:27:06 pm »

<It was a building, not an area of jungle. Shush, Will. Read the news properly.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37776 on: February 02, 2014, 08:27:23 pm »

Scene II: The Fallen One
It took much less time than one would expect for the pair to reach the place they were headed. Then again, when one doesn’t have to worry about borders, such things tend to go quicker than one would expect. On the outskirts of the city, Dumah collapses down into the body of the girl, leaving her with very simple instructions. She is to find a certain bar, go inside, and ask for someone by the name of ‘Kitten’.

<Really? This place is rotten. The probability of bikinis and rapists is unacceptably high. Hmph. Fine. If we must.>

The disheveled, grimey woman walks with a lifeless, rigid step, attracting the attention of a few people who pass by. Well, not so much the downtrodden appearance. Honestly, one might actually like all that hair if it got cleaned. But the mechanical, upright way she walks? Not something for a beggar to be sporting.

...She walks in. She looks.around. Useless, useless… She just stands there dramatically, displeased at the relative lack of Spanish speech. Oh well, it’s there. They’ll do. She shrugs and lets her hand fall to her faded pants, where she hides a knife she got from...somewhere. “<I’m looking for someone called ‘Kitten’.>”

There’s no reaction for a few moments at the name.

Noone really says a word until a girl stands up in the back of the room, crossing through the sea of patrons with a smooth, even gait, a catlike grin on her face. She speaks, a jamaican accent almost overpowering her voice. “An’ what brins somma like ya commin here ta find me, mon? An’ wher’ the fecken name commin from?”

The woman responded with an utter lack of emotion or expression. Albeit a bit of annoyance at this idiot, perhaps.

“Dumah.”

She seems shocked for a moment before suddenly… changing, a strange symbol appearing on the patch on her right eye, in the shape of a golden circle, three wings spread out to either side of it. “And what does the Silent One want to do with an outcast like me, mm?”Well, that was easy.

“....Ask it yourse-”“Your knowledge of this world is needed. The Creator has vanished. We do not know where or how, but her energies have been detected on this world. You are to assist in locating her.”

“And why in the sweet fuck should I do that? You kicked me out, remember? No pension, no severance package, nothing. And now you come in all dramatic, demanding my help.”

“This is not a discussion. Your assistance is needed. You will assist or be purged.”

“Ooh, how scary. We both know that wouldn’t go too well for you, even if you did kill me, so why don’t you just tell me what the bosses upstairs authorized you to give me.”

“... I am to offer your return to the Choir.”

“... That’s all. No promotion, no recompense, just my job back?”“Do you not wish to return?”

“Oh, I do, I just want an apology from on high first.”

“... Paperwork will be filed once the mission is complete.”

“That’ll do, Spidey, that’ll do. So where are we headed?”

“The designation of the place the energy was most recently detected is Australia.”

“... You know that’s all the way across the world, right?”

“... We will fly.”

“What, like charter a-”

“No.”

“Oh. So you’re giving me my wings back?”

“No.”

“Then how am I going to fly?”

“I am to carry you.”

“... Oh that is priceless. Hi-ho spidey, away~” She laughs out loud, heading out of the bar. “Best get started, then~”

Constanza is very confused by all this angelic business. For god’s sake, she doesn’t even know what exactly the Choir is.She just follows without complaint or emotion. Dumah is the one calling the shots now. No use arguing.

Once outside the building, she would find herself Changing again, until once again she stands well above the buildings to either side of her. She’d feel as the cat-like girl clambers up one of her legs, eventually leaping to her body.Once she mounts the other Angel, Dumah would crouch her body down before leaping into the air, some hundred feet up before her initial leap finally reaches the zenith of its arc. Then her legs swivel around her body, locking into place so that they point ‘backward’, the pyramid of her body still  arranged so that the top is a surface to stand on.Between her legs, packets of Entropic energy form, shattering the atomic bindings of the air within them to produce a massive amount of thrust, propelling them toward their destination.

...What kind of Angel uses an Orion drive in atmosphere? That cannot be safe at all.

<I am not equipped with conventional wings and this is faster than walking.>

<I wasn’t complaining.>
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:32:57 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37777 on: February 02, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »

Nico is watching the news himself, and does not find the ideas that come to his head a good thing, regarding those who caused it, and why.
This is without him knowing about that symbol, so if anything he's assuming it's a calling card of some kind.

Luca is not sure what to think about this.
Catherine is wondering what this means regarding them.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37778 on: February 02, 2014, 08:35:31 pm »

those watching the news would hear of a breaking story where the 'monster' that had been sighted in Brazil had reappeared in Miami, though whether it is the same creature or simply another of its kind has not been ascertained. It was last seen jumping into the sky, followed by departing in a generally westerly direction.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:37:20 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37779 on: February 02, 2014, 08:37:24 pm »

<It was a building, not an area of jungle. Shush, Will. Read the news properly.>
<I'm getting only thirdhand reports, which made it sound like all of Brazil was destroyed.>

<And speaking of reports, there's something fishy going on. Through Server 0002, I'm monitoring a few satellites from governments with incredibly poor security, and there are some highly anomalous signatures. Either North Korea is detonating a line of small nukes across South America or someone's using atomic blasts to fly from Brazil to...well, with our luck, probably here.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37780 on: February 02, 2014, 08:38:36 pm »

<I'm getting only thirdhand reports, which made it sound like all of Brazil was destroyed.>

<And speaking of reports, there's something fishy going on. Through Server 0002, I'm monitoring a few satellites from governments with incredibly poor security, and there are some highly anomalous signatures. Either North Korea is detonating a line of small nukes across South America or someone's using atomic blasts to fly from Brazil to...well, with our luck, probably here.>

((... From Maimi to*))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37781 on: February 02, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

"I'll need some scrap metal from the wreckage of a Layar dreadnaught, its mana infused which is better, Some meteoric gold, a couple of gems, the kind of gem determines the spells, and.... OH! some scales from a demon that has, well, scales. For mana capacity." Yomiko is thinking to make sure she has the right materials in her head, "I could also use iron pyrite in place of demon scales, in case they aren't readily available." Yomiko is still smiling. Creepy.
"Does it have to be meteoric? And if so, would taking a gold ingot or something then dropping it from orbit count? And what kind of gems correspond to what kind of magic?"
"I suppose that would work. Just look at a gem's color and it should be easy to tell. Diamond is wind, Ruby Fire, Sapphire water, etc. etc.

Atlas is still looking for Will, with note in hand from Sen.
He isn't hiding.
He hands the note to will, [The fuck is happening and why should I be concerned?]
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37782 on: February 02, 2014, 08:40:32 pm »

Kyle sighs and goes out to wait for whatever it is. IRIS is having a fuck of a time keeping panic down.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37783 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »

Ashley sighs.
"We're going to have to fight that... aren't we?"
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37784 on: February 02, 2014, 09:00:24 pm »

Ashley sighs.
"We're going to have to fight that... aren't we?"

@Nuriel: Protip: Not a good idea. As could be extrapolated from the killing planets thing.
Pages: 1 ... 2517 2518 [2519] 2520 2521 ... 4748