Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2512 2513 [2514] 2515 2516 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121340 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #37695 on: February 02, 2014, 06:03:24 pm »

"Pressure her? She is just giving it a test run for the sheer fun of it. Nobody is pressuring her into any sort of training."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37696 on: February 02, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »

<Will, you do realize she has had enough time here to show off maturation mentally.>
<Correct, she has. I'm confident she won't be significantly maturing mentally in the forseeable future, by which I mean the future before some event or combination of events has changed our life past the point it's worth planning that far ahead.>

"Pressure her? She is just giving it a test run for the sheer fun of it. Nobody is pressuring her into any sort of training."
"You were considering where to go to give a toddler ninja training. Which is what I was objecting to."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37697 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:07 pm »

<Anyways... can you help send Meme in so she can try the gear? Oh, and Hai as well once you are done arguing. Also, tell her that I'll make her something neat if she stop arguing.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37698 on: February 02, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »

"Will, sometimes you are just incredibly dense. We are having fun. It's a *game*. Let's play ninja. A game pf pretend for us to have fun with Meme. It's more like a mix of hide-n-seek and tag. Nobody here is teaching anyone any kills.
Did you have no childhood or do you take everything at face value? Is police and robber giving her a training al law enforcement or at stealing stuff? Is playing a game of Cowboy and Indian teaching her the joys of genonocide? Stop taking everything at face value. For all the brains you have, you are immensely stupid sometimes."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37699 on: February 02, 2014, 06:12:56 pm »

"What Robber? Or Cowwyboy?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37700 on: February 02, 2014, 06:13:04 pm »

<Anyways... can you help send Meme in so she can try the gear? Oh, and Hai as well once you are done arguing. Also, tell her that I'll make her something neat if she stop arguing.>
<Not until they're willing and ready to.>
"Hey, Kyle's bugging me about you two getting to his game. Don't indiscriminately apply stuff from that game to the real world, it's a game."

"Will, sometimes you are just incredibly dense. We are having fun. It's a *game*. Let's play ninja. A game pf pretend for us to have fun with Meme. It's more like a mix of hide-n-seek and tag. Nobody here is teaching anyone any kills.
Did you have no childhood or do you take everything at face value? Is police and robber giving her a training al law enforcement or at stealing stuff? Is playing a game of Cowboy and Indian teaching her the joys of genonocide? Stop taking everything at face value. For all the brains you have, you are immensely stupid sometimes."
"Ahem. Let me remind you of what you said..."
"Hmm..so how do we do ninja training? I have no clue how they trained..."
((Imagine Will doing a slightly mocking impersonation of Hai's voice.))
"When you're concerned about how ninja actually trained...that moves it beyond the sphere of play."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37701 on: February 02, 2014, 06:14:40 pm »

"How we pway?"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37702 on: February 02, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »

"How do you play which, Meme?"
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37703 on: February 02, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »

Scene 1: Resto do Anjo Institution for the Mentally Disturbed
A girl crouches in the corner of a padded room, alone but for herself and the myriad voices inside her head. She suffers, day in and out, uncontrollable emotion and unignorable voices assailing her, even in her sleep.
I want to die. Look. Heaven. “Butterfly”. What? Huh? Me. Wall. Bed. 3 times- no. where’s the nurse? That poster is ugly. What. I like pizza. The… The nurse should die. I hate bikinis. I hate God. I love me. I hate me. What.  “Where”. Who’s that? No one. Oh. The wall is still. “The room is still.” Are they yelling outside again? Yeeah. I should shut them up. No. “Wrong.” But. I want to. [REDACTED]. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. Babel 17. Maybe.  Shut up…”SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP.” ...Go away.
All is still. Space and time are immaterial. The voices. The rage. The fear. the sights and sounds and everything around her is naught. Nothing but grey, eternal grey.  A voice rings. A voice of cold, calculating reason.
<Hark, Daughter of Eve. The Time has Come.
The time for Silence. The time for Wrath. The time to set Right what has gone Wrong.>
...wait, what? There’s nothing. This doesn’t make sense. It’s too calm. The voices...they went away. Who’s this? Where am I? What are you talking about?
<Hush, child. Urgency is not needed. This is a [moment/instant/fraction] of time immaterial. I am Dumah, Angel of the Blessed Silence. I am to offer you a deal, Daughter of Eve.>
...Is that true? …
Huh.

Tell me everything.
<You shall be free.
Your thoughts will be your own.
Your mind will be unfettered.
I need only a period of [service/Assistance/Alliance].>
..What do you need, and for how long?
<I require your body.>
…. I’m too young for that. I think.
<I do not require your sexual capability.
I require your capability as a Vessel of an Angel of the Lady of Creation.>
You want to… live in me? I… honestly find it hard to believe that a magnificent angel would dwell in a lowly mortal. A pitiful, raving lunatic at that.
<Transcendent beings cannot touch this world through will alone, lest it be burned to cinders. Thus, we act through [Hosts/Vessels/Intermediaries], to house our will as we dole out Holy Truth.>
Why me? And after you leave...what then? Will I be sane still? Would I just be dead by then?
<The period of interaction will be no more than a single [cycle/orbit/year] and a [rotation/midnight/day].>
...I said. Why me? Answer me, Dumah.
<Because the host must be willing, and you seek the Silence.>
<Fair enough. Do you swear to your God that nothing you have said is [false/lie/misleading/inaccurate]?>
<I swear upon the Sword of the Archangel, upon the Seat of Heaven Itself, and upon the name of the Creator, Shis’m Caes.>
<...I see. Well, it made more sense for God to be a maternal figure in the first place anyways.
I accept your deal.>
<Then speak aloud your name, and Mine. Accept me into your Essence that we may quit this place.>
….
….
……
……

She nods.
“I am Constanza Ruiz. I accept you, Dumah, Angel of Silence.”
The world fades to white as the Angel enters into her mind, her body, her soul, burning its brand upon her forehead as it joins with her. With a sound of chimes, she’d feel herself falling into oblivion as Dumah sets about making true his word.
In an instant, the Hospital is made unto dust, her form rising from it, changing, the shape of the Angel surrounding her human form. Three limbs spread outward from a massive central shape, an inverted pyramid which contains her form.
==There is one we must contact, in a country to the north. She was banished to this world in ages long past, as she chose to step aside when the Lightbringer rose his rebellion against the Mother of All. She will serve now, or we shall give unto her the Eternal Silence.==
Far away, across oceans and continents, a news story breaks, of a mental hospital that simply… vanished into thin air, and sightings of a strange behemoth standing over the crater that remained. They request any assistance that can be given, but none would come, for none lived to tell.

((tl;dr, OH SHIT A PLOT.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37704 on: February 02, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »

Yomiko is just standing near everybody remaining silent.

Sen hanging out in the living room reading a book with Atlas standing watch. He stares at everyone who enters and exits the living room.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37705 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:56 pm »

"Da game?" Meme has no idea what to call it.

Selina is having a bubble bath, staying awake this time.
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37706 on: February 02, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

<Not until they're willing and ready to.>
"Hey, Kyle's bugging me about you two getting to his game. Don't indiscriminately apply stuff from that game to the real world, it's a game."

"Ahem. Let me remind you of what you said..."
"Hmm..so how do we do ninja training? I have no clue how they trained..."
((Imagine Will doing a slightly mocking impersonation of Hai's voice.))
"When you're concerned about how ninja actually trained...that moves it beyond the sphere of play."

"You are literaly as dense as lead. What part of *game of pretend* don't you understand? The game had already begun at that point. Geez, you really have never played with children, have you? Let me translate it for you, because clearly you prefer to take everything I say while playing with a child at face value. "So, how do we play Ninja?". You were probably born after 20 years or pregnancy, and your baby toes were tax forms."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37707 on: February 02, 2014, 06:25:58 pm »

"The one on Kyle's server?"

[To: Yomiko] <Hi, Yomiko. I've noticed you hanging around me a few times. I was wondering if there was anything you wanted to talk about.>

"You are literaly as dense as lead. What part of *game of pretend* don't you understand? The game had already begun at that point. Geez, you really have never played with children, have you? Let me translate it for you, because clearly you prefer to take everything I say while playing with a child at face value. "So, how do we play Ninja?". You were probably born after 20 years or pregnancy, and your baby toes were tax forms."

"Then why the hell did you need to know how they trained?"
((You really can't blame Will for this one.))
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37708 on: February 02, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »

Sen orders Atlas to grab the remote and turn on the tv to the news. He does so without complaint.

Yomiko is watching Hainuwele's maneuver gear with awe. She doesn't reply to Will due to no bracelet.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37709 on: February 02, 2014, 06:29:06 pm »

Meme nods.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 2512 2513 [2514] 2515 2516 ... 4748