Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2384 2385 [2386] 2387 2388 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3115756 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #35775 on: January 30, 2014, 11:00:48 am »

((THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT WILL DID. But whatever.))

<Calling that one a building is kinda generous. It was just some sticks stuck in the ground and some blueprints. I think it was going to be a big outhouse.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35776 on: January 30, 2014, 11:00:58 am »

"are you taking pictures?"

Ester giggles, "Duh. Why wouldn't I?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35777 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:52 am »

<I'd be pissed if you knocked over my outhouse.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #35778 on: January 30, 2014, 11:02:01 am »

to will:

"THEN YOU GO TO ME AND TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. This is what you should have done. Not knocking over buildings. I seriously do not understand why that wasn#t your first reaction upon being ignored. "Hey Hainuwele, your people are ignoring me, why is that? Is that really so hard to think off?" Instead, you went "Well, they aren't paying attention to me, lets threathen with a rampage.""

to Arya:
"This is where the contract with Amaterasu has been signed, and there was already a functioning keep that could house nearly 100 people. It made sense as the first choice, seeing as this is holy land. The majority of the buildings will be built right up to the wall of the keep, or inside the tree. The farmland is just a temporary solution, until we can be sure to have established a proper income from working for giants, so we can buy our food."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35779 on: January 30, 2014, 11:03:35 am »

Arya crosses her arms and taps her foot, frowning.
"Look, I didn't give you permission to simply settle my yard. It is a holy land to you, I understand. But I OWN it and would prefer that me and my family, who've bought it, have it for our own use."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35780 on: January 30, 2014, 11:05:12 am »

((Wait a sec. Hai's people ignored Will knocking over the first building, but freaked out at when he threatened to knock over a second? What the hell?))

"THEN YOU GO TO ME AND TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. This is what you should have done. Not knocking over buildings. I seriously do not understand why that wasn#t your first reaction upon being ignored. "Hey Hainuwele, your people are ignoring me, why is that? Is that really so hard to think off?" Instead, you went "Well, they aren't paying attention to me, lets threathen with a rampage.""
"Yes, because knocking over a couple of sticks and putting my foot over a few more is such a rampage. And if anything, you've been even less willing to reason with me than your people were being."

to Arya:
"This is where the contract with Amaterasu has been signed, and there was already a functioning keep that could house nearly 100 people. It made sense as the first choice, seeing as this is holy land. The majority of the buildings will be built right up to the wall of the keep, or inside the tree. The farmland is just a temporary solution, until we can be sure to have established a proper income from working for giants, so we can buy our food."
"...And what part of this justifies taking over her whole yard, without even asking? And if your keep, that you built yourself, can house half your population...why didn't you just build another?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #35781 on: January 30, 2014, 11:13:35 am »

A letter falls on Ashley's bed.
Ashley opens the letter.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35782 on: January 30, 2014, 11:14:23 am »

"These were not just a couple of sticks. To you, they may be, but to us, these were our hopes and our future, knocked over by a gigantic monster just out of a whim. Is *this* what you do when people don't pay attention to you? Explain to me, really, because I do not understand. What in the world makes it right for you to knock over what we built?"

to Arya

"Then we will settle in the keep and in the tree, if that is enough. If you can supply us with food for a bit longer, we will be able to earn our own upkeep, and maybe even pay tax to you. Though I must admit, the entire concept of a yard is a bit foreign. It's perfectly fertile soil, and all you grow here is grass..and not even any lifestock to graze on it? I mean no offense by it, but all of these people here spent their entire life cramped on sandstone pillars. The bit of dirt on top that was fertile enough to grow things was used to maximum efficency. When my people see all the land around the keep, I did not have the heart to tell them they mustn't touch it. I am sorry."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35783 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:07 am »

"Ms. Ryan, would you like some tea?" Sen offers Arya a cup of tea. "If it would suit you, may I be the mediator for this dispute?"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:17:54 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35784 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:39 am »

"These were not just a couple of sticks. To you, they may be, but to us, these were our hopes and our future, knocked over by a gigantic monster just out of a whim. Is *this* what you do when people don't pay attention to you? Explain to me, really, because I do not understand. What in the world makes it right for you to knock over what we built?"
"Hey, if you need, I'll set the freaking sticks back up. When I run out of options, I run out of options, and since you're the one who ordered the options closed..."
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35785 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:12 am »

Arya sighs irritably.
"Hainuwele, that is not acceptable terms, if only because you are still pushing my hospitality. I let you stay here because I thought you had nowhere else to go, not because I thought you would bring your country here and settle my yard!

And please, Miss Sen, do so. I have a merger to work on."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35786 on: January 30, 2014, 11:23:02 am »

Ashley's letter holds coordinates, a map to use with the coordinates, a pictures of an island with what looks like a shed on it, and a picture of Kyle.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35787 on: January 30, 2014, 11:24:22 am »

"I told you, your first option upon being ignored would have been to come to me. This all could have been avoided."

"What? It's just a tree. Between the leaves you will hardly even see our houses. Keith is casually blowing walls apart, and I have to give up our holy land because..of what? Because you want your trees branches empty? We'll put our gardners to take proper care of the tree, it'll grow and bloom like you have never seen before."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35788 on: January 30, 2014, 11:26:18 am »

Arya then looks at the blown up wall.....
"......"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35789 on: January 30, 2014, 11:28:07 am »

Sen bows to Arya and looks at Hainuwele and Will. "Both of you may I have your attention? Starting now I am acting mediator for both of you. We shall settle this like adults. First of, Miss Ryan seems to have a lot on her plate, I can help you find a suitable location for you and your citizens to live thats nearby and will be protected by me personally.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 2384 2385 [2386] 2387 2388 ... 4748