Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1976 1977 [1978] 1979 1980 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3131129 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #29655 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:50 pm »

((People go mad from immortality? Tell that to Anima. :P))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #29656 on: January 21, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »

Marie snuggles.

"Well, I like ya. And you even have an assistant here. Little Alice."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #29657 on: January 21, 2014, 06:03:55 pm »

((That is literaly the biggest and most commonly named downside of being immortal that gets mentioned in fiction. *forever* is a damn long time. A mind can only handle that much))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29658 on: January 21, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

((Also: Guess who didn't notice that part in all of the discussion? (Me.) ))
Luca sighs.
"Huh. I didn't actually catch that part, earlier."
They are now seriously unsure about this. On one hand, she is killing people. On the other hand? Well, they kinda aren't sure how exactly they mean starve.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29659 on: January 21, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »

Sen proceeds to follow the group. "When do you want the books, Set?" Sen seems pleased with herself.

<So I'm travelling with Set, Pestilence, Abraxas, and Andras. Any news on your end?>
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29660 on: January 21, 2014, 06:05:33 pm »

"Also, relax, I'm showing them to you. Trust me, if I was wantin' to kill you, there'd be none o' ya left."
"Hubris. Amusing."

<I propose a manouver, those who have understood the manouver and agree, please give me confirmation. I will count to 10. Not the slow 10...9...8....but I will be swift, so be attentive. Before I count, Bismuth and Kyle, you are the most durable of us, get position left and right in front of her. On 3, just make a suspicious movement. Not enough to cause an attack, but enough to focus all attention on you. On 2, I will stab her in the feet, in a point that will temporarily paralyze her legs ((or only one leg, if elf decides?)). One 1, the suprise and the pain should divert her attention towards me, and Bismuth and Kyle will immediatly jump and try to neutralize her hands, and thus her daggers, in whatever way you perceive is fastest and best. One 0, they will jump to the side and everyone else just...blasts her with whatever they have. I will then try seal her magic, but that may or may not work, so from there, fire at will. Is that an agreeable option?>
<If we need to kill her, sure.>
<Coming.>
<No! ...Aw.>

<Such an indesisive bunch. Alright then. Teamwork only works when everyone can trust everyone blindly. I won't put my life on the line with a bunch of undisciplined ragtag group without even a common purpose, let alone synergy.>
<More like we don't all want to kill a vigilante.>

"In which case make it look like Nuriel did it."
Nuriel arrives in time to punch Kyle in the back of the head.
"So. We still killing the bitch?"
Cue facepalm from Will.
"No. We are not."
"...Oh."

"I can sympathise with her development into a vigilante, but killing to extend your own life well beyond the natural span? That's a step too far. Everything has a time to die. If you aren't already, your mind will eventually sink into madness, and not putting an end to it will be a decision history books will not look upon kindly. You said you enjoy feeling human? It's not too late. Continue your life where you left off, and begin aging normaly."
"Well...judging from this group alone, I can think of two or three people who are counter to your claim. One's arguable, since I only have my power as proof that nothing's going to go wrong, but still. Especially since one of them has been going at this for millennia."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #29661 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:17 pm »

<We got Horus. And Jack the Ripper. WEll, Jacque, but eh.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29662 on: January 21, 2014, 06:07:01 pm »

"You don't bloody GET it, do you!? I stop, I die! And if you're gonna condemn me to a slow, painful bloody death, then ya might as well just bury me now an' be bloody done with it!" She growls, eyes narrowing, flashing with anger. "If I don' kill someone, I die within about a month. Those are the rules. And even before that, it gets harder and harder to control myself, to keep followin' my rules. Only those that deserve it, only those the authorities can't catch or can't handle. If you all can't deal with that, then either get ta lockin' me up, kill me somehow, or let me the bloody hell go."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #29663 on: January 21, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »

Marie sighs and hugs the cuddly serial killer tighter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29664 on: January 21, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »

((That is literaly the biggest and most commonly named downside of being immortal that gets mentioned in fiction. *forever* is a damn long time. A mind can only handle that much))
((Evidence towards: Ciro, Izanagi, Ra, Set, Abraxas.
Evidence against: Isis, Anansi, Amaterasu, Hestia, Chiron
It's a mixed bag. :P ))
Set's face turns human for a second, and his old face is used as a hood to keep his own face in the shade.
"After we put down Ra. If we find him.  I don't know where the old bastard is, and good for me."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29665 on: January 21, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

"Nuriel. You should know by now that being rough with me will only get me going. Oh, and Horus is on the couch."

"You don't bloody GET it, do you!? I stop, I die! And if you're gonna condemn me to a slow, painful bloody death, then ya might as well just bury me now an' be bloody done with it!" She growls, eyes narrowing, flashing with anger. "If I don' kill someone, I die within about a month. Those are the rules. And even before that, it gets harder and harder to control myself, to keep followin' my rules. Only those that deserve it, only those the authorities can't catch or can't handle. If you all can't deal with that, then either get ta lockin' me up, kill me somehow, or let me the bloody hell go."

Kyle puts a hand on her shoulder sighing.
"Number one, I had no way of knowing that so calm the hell down. Number two... Just don't kill more than necessary."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #29666 on: January 21, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

((Bismuth is an against, bloodlust aside. :P))

Marie sighs.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #29667 on: January 21, 2014, 06:10:31 pm »

"She clearly has left her humanity behind a long time ago. If she really cared about it in any way, she can at least die as a human, but continueing as a human? I hope history will look back at this day and don't judge us too harshly for not ending it here. But sure, do with her as you will, I am not going to interfer.

On a different topic, I assume killing animals has been completely ruled out?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29668 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:22 pm »

"Hai, I think you're being a bit harsh. Although that does raise a good point."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29669 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:36 pm »

"Bloody jolly wo'ld, ain't it?"

"Nuriel. You should know by now that being rough with me will only get me going. Oh, and Horus is on the couch."
"You deserved it."
Nuriel half-heartedly waves at Horus.

"She clearly has left her humanity behind a long time ago. If she really cared about it in any way, she can at least die as a human, but continueing as a human? I hope history will look back at this day and don't judge us too harshly for not ending it here. But sure, do with her as you will, I am not going to interfer.
"Who are you to judge what is human, little missy?"

On a different topic, I assume killing animals has been completely ruled out?"
"If it wasn't, she'd probably get the quota on accident by squashing bugs and whatnot."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1976 1977 [1978] 1979 1980 ... 4748