Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3114193 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #21795 on: January 10, 2014, 06:15:07 pm »

Oh, Maria doesn't even respond. She's trying to keep herself from sobbing right now.

Annie and Wheatley probably did and are working as hard as possible to keep all of their friends alive.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #21796 on: January 10, 2014, 06:15:22 pm »

Luna gets mindhugged by Stella.

<Hi. Before anyone does anything to you, I don't mind you. I have a friend who's a masochist and actually quite a sweet thing. It's  just you sharing Selina's body that bothers me. So...I'd just like to say that.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #21797 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »

Kyle takes off the bracelet and puts it in his pocket. He knew what he'd have to do. He was going to have to kill Will to stop it all. Stop the pain. Silence the abusive voices.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21798 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:18 pm »

<I don't think you are a monster.>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21799 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:51 pm »

Cyrielle sighs. People not responding was never a good thing. She goes to Maria's house to check up on her.

"Why did you just take off your bracelet?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21800 on: January 10, 2014, 06:18:59 pm »

....but before he can though, Richard bars the door in front of him, putting himself between it and Kyle. His face is red; he literally RAN through the TV world to stop something horrible happening.
"I'm not letting you go through with this, Kyle. I'm not going to hurt you.

I want to talk to you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21801 on: January 10, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »

"Richard? How did you know? He didn't say anything! You can't just abuse the fourth wall like that can you?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:08 pm »

[everyone but Not!Selina/Luna:] <Let me just confirm this with you all. We're giving her a body, right? That the plan?>

<By the way, you're not a monster.>

<I think that is the plan>

"Luna, please just try this, this is more or less the best compromise we have thus far. Well, aside from Anima's one but that would have separated you from Selina. So, what do you say? I can't guarantee that they won't try to lock that body up, but at least people who want to talk to you can, plus I'll try negotiating something. But please, promise me that you'll get some help... you're mental state is really concerning me, justified or not, it's not what you'd usually do. Okay?"

I'm not going to take Will's hardline stance ... Yet, everyone makes mistakes. Are you strong enough to admit you have made one and seek help?

"I don't have children, and if I did I highly doubt you'd be able to kill them, seeing as they'd probably be superpowered quarter-dragons. And defended by not only me and my half-dragon girlfriend, but also pretty much everyone else, including multiple supernatural beings of great power, including the being who created the universe. Moreover, how would you starve me to death? Again, this requires that you have the power to beat God, as well as her friends. But let's not get side-tracked.
"You're proving me right. Those horrible, yet bland insults? I can't count the number of times someone's threatened to kill someone else's children in front of them, or to starve them, or to surround them with the sight of their loved ones. The only reason I haven't been threatened with such is that I never did complete training to join the pros. Or the amateurs. If I had, though, I bet I would have been threatened with each of those things at least once before my first year ended. Except maybe the kids thing, I don't really look old enough to have 'em. My point: You're still being stereotypical. And unkind, because seriously, what kind of guy would I be to have kids before leaving high school? Shame on you!
"Moreover, by threatening to kill children, kill someone slowly and painfully--and, incidentally, in a way pretty easy to fix--you are acting like every stupid, sadistic, uncreative villain back home. You're a stereotype, a caricature. You're a shadow of your former self, a shadow of what you could be. You could be a person, intelligent and independent, but instead you choose to be...nothing, really.
"Moreover, by threatening such vile deeds, you justify our desires to kill you or lock you up, obliterate the key, and throw away whatever remains. You don't want to be killed? You don't want to be locked up, sealed away, forgotten? There's a simple solution. You need to stop acting like a horrible bitch, pardon my language...but that's not happening, is it?
"You're limited. Whether because of your imprisonment, your nature as a secondary personality, or--as I suspect--laziness and refusal to change, you've locked yourself in as a simple villain, wanting destruction and petty revenge and nothing more. I don't see this changing any time soon."

"Will is correct there, although he forgot to mention the True dragon that is my mother, she would definately not be pleased, and is more likely to jump to the old ways than I am."

[To: Will] <Unbreakable yes, but extremely lightweight, easy to tackle or knock away. Ensures that the motors don't have to be very powerful... greatly reducing her strength, possibly weak enough hat even Meme could overpower her I did say such things weren't mandatory. It's hard to make a robot have to eat and rink. She'll still be centralized in Selina's mind. I'll put it as thus, she has no way to disable them, seeing as they are more akin to aspects of a universal constant. Multiple death threats, yes, but she wasn't in the best state of mind at the time, furthermore, she has not attempted to carry them out.>

"people who make deaththreats normally carry them out, given an opportunity, if only to prove that they mean buisness"

>Fine, give everyone who hasn't been an asshole to her and probably can handle it yet one. So Cyrielle, Chiron, Hestia, Selina and Stella. And I mean the Stella who's half dragon.<

Well, I do think more people should have one, especially if it's only a temporary shutdown, but I would have to say I would probably be a bit jumpy with it, she DID threaten both my boyfriend AND my non-existant children
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »

Kyle takes off the bracelet and puts it in his pocket. He knew what he'd have to do. He was going to have to kill Will to stop it all. Stop the pain. Silence the abusive voices.
<C'mon Kyle. Go through with it. Yes. Yeeeeessssss - aw dammit Richard.>
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: January 10, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »

"No. But I heard enough over the bracelets to know where this is going. He's either going to kill Will or someone's going to die again or I don't know, okay?! I don't want ANY of you to die!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:14 pm »

<Not so much temporary as much as variable length. Can be indefinite if required.>

"Oh okay. In that case, I can have knowledge about it without metagaming, right?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:53 pm »

Kyle glares at Richard.
"I don't want to talk to... anyone actually. I want to set up defenses around the house to make sure Will can't get in. I want Will gone away permanently. I..."
Kyle falls to his knees and puts his head in his hands.
"I want to go back to before I was gone..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:12 pm »

<Will, if you do that you will die and anybody trying to stop me will as well. It wont have to be right away. It just has to happen.>
<Alright. There's a witness protection program, you know. And a fucking police. And, by the way, you might have heard the news? Yeah, kill someone who revealed your plans to make a murderous nigh-indestructible person with minimal control and no outside oversight. See how long it takes governments to set up kill orders for magical people.>
(Mutually assured destruction. It's a thing.)

<You wouldn't be in this situation if you didn't try it. If she tries to kill you, just tell Chiron or Hestia.>
<Well excuse me for trying to change a murderous psychopath. And are you saying I have to constantly be on the lookout for Luna trying to kill me, 24/7, so I can warn someone? I'm sorry, but things like sneaking up on people or waiting until I fall asleep exist.>

<You can't kill anyone efficiently by breaking their bones. You could probably just break her mechanical parts, it is a machine after all. It isn't that only three people who can stop her, it's that three people have the means to stop her without violence.>
<Breaking bones is an excellent way to disable someone. And what mechanical parts are these? All I know about the design is fleshy aerogel, distortion bones, regenerating skin, nearly no bodily systems of any kind.>

<Presumably? Cutting herself or programming.>
<And you will enforce this...how? Because really, from what I've seen...she doesn't seem the type to forget a grudge.>

<How would she have access to magic? The only thing that can get through are signals.>
<She already has Selina's magic! NOTHING in your design takes that away.>

>ENOUGH. I will NOT have this happening in my house, you understand? Quit arguing, quit it, quit it!<
Maria sounds somewhat distraught.
<HELL NO. This is a fucking psychopath who has threatened to kill several of us, and you idiots are refusing to put reasonable precautions on her for no reason. I had to argue long and hard just so you didn't make her nigh invulnerable.>

<It won't be in your house. I'm never going back there again because I will never be sure Will isn't there. I'm going to stay here where I know I won't have to listen to verbal abuse no matter how well meaning. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of Will, if he comes to my house he will die!>
<I'm sorry for that and will begin reparations as soon as you stop this insanity!>

"What can I do? What Can I Do?!? I can do many things, Mortal! For example... I am capable of manifesting my mind to help defend myself. I can control minds, as well!
As is evidenced by this form here. This is nothing like my true form..!"

The Hybrid feels like it's finally getting the attention that it deserves.
"What kinds of restrictions are there on this ability?"

-snip-
((Hey, wolfchild, Will tried to contact Stella.))
[To: Stella] <Hey, can you meet me in front of Kyle's house in a sec? I need muscle if I'm going to stop this madness without Kyle killing me.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:50 pm »

((You should anyway. In theory, anyone who can get to Kyle's house without being horribly killed and quickly should be there.))
Richard approaches him, kneels down and....hugs the guy.
".....we all make mistakes, Kyle. All of us."

Maria continues attempting not to sob.

All of her friends.....this wasn't how it should be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: January 10, 2014, 06:26:07 pm »

<Will, Kyle wants to kill you right now. I suggest that you pocket your bracelet so that he can't track you.>
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 4748