Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3114247 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #21735 on: January 10, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »

<I just want to point out that all of this would not be an issue if NotSelina were  in her own body. Then she can hurt herself all she wants. :v>

<Pretty sure they know.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21736 on: January 10, 2014, 04:23:50 pm »

[To: Will] <Of course not, but I was thinking some sort of flesh-strength aerogel could replace most of the flesh. I'd call it a rather major weakness if Selina could just shut out all control by removing the transmission unit. Ah finally onto the specifications, quite simple really. The brain or decentralized brain equivalents will be comprised of distortions. A modified bracelet unit will be required to send and receive signals which travel through Fate. Hence, the only way to control her body is through Fate which is the domain of Annie and Wheatley. If she somehow disables them, then the channel will stop working and thus she'll lose control of her body.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21737 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:11 pm »

>Why the hell is this even an issue anyway? We could solve this shit if we simply let her and Selina talk it out in the TV world.<
>Apparently Luna wouldn't manifest as a Shadow, according to what Cyrielle's said.<

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21738 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:25 pm »

Ester twiddles her thumbs, waiting for Sen to serve the food or something to happen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21739 on: January 10, 2014, 04:28:18 pm »

<I just want to point out that all of this would not be an issue if NotSelina were  in her own body. Then she can hurt herself all she wants. :v>
<And us.>

[To: Will] <Of course not, but I was thinking some sort of flesh-strength aerogel could replace most of the flesh. I'd call it a rather major weakness if Selina could just shut out all control by removing the transmission unit. Ah finally onto the specifications, quite simple really. The brain or decentralized brain equivalents will be comprised of distortions. A modified bracelet unit will be required to send and receive signals which travel through Fate. Hence, the only way to control her body is through Fate which is the domain of Annie and Wheatley. If she somehow disables them, then the channel will stop working and thus she'll lose control of her body.>
<Flesh-strength aerogel that is light as air? Pretty much impossible, definitely not going to give you the results you want.>
<If she could. You never mentioned this.>
<So, basically, the control system would be completely dependent on something nearly no one can change, except you and your siblings. How convenient...and idiotic, for reasons previously outlined. Just make her a bracelet-like thing, it's easier. Heck, I could modify my plans for a server and have it work.>

>Why the hell is this even an issue anyway? We could solve this shit if we simply let her and Selina talk it out in the TV world.<
>Apparently Luna wouldn't manifest as a Shadow, according to what Cyrielle's said.<
<Unless that ends with Selina killing Luna, what would that accomplish that them chatting in Selina's head wouldn't?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21740 on: January 10, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »

>Will, if you're so afraid of that, then why don't we divide the reins between Selina and Hestia? There, someone she can't live without and someone she'd be hard pressed to actually kill.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21741 on: January 10, 2014, 04:30:35 pm »

<I'm no expert, but presumably, shadows can't act as a split personality, since that wouldn't be a shadow.>

<Actually, the distortions will be protected from anti-magic by Alexander's selective antimagic fields, so I suppose he has a pseudo killswitch as he could just make it more indiscriminate.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #21742 on: January 10, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »

<Right, because she's so ungrateful for being able to fulfill her masochistic desires.

Makes sense.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21743 on: January 10, 2014, 04:33:12 pm »

<Will, your previously outlined reasons assumed that being asleep would cause issues, which they won't seeing as I often respond to bracelet conversations whilst still asleep. Along with the risk of incapacitating the people involved. Good luck incapacitating a god-like being, someone on another continent and aspects of an eldritch constant.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21744 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

>Will, if you're so afraid of that, then why don't we divide the reins between Selina and Hestia? There, someone she can't live without and someone she'd be hard pressed to actually kill.<
<Why are you all so intent on only having a few people have the ability to deal with her? That's just asking for trouble.>

<Actually, the distortions will be protected from anti-magic by Alexander's selective antimagic fields, so I suppose he has a pseudo killswitch as he could just make it more indiscriminate.>
<One: How exactly is that working, again? Two: Seriously, what do you have against giving all of us kill switches? Exceptions made for Meme and others without proper maturity to use it.>

<Right, because she's so ungrateful for being able to fulfill her masochistic desires.
Makes sense.>

<And what about her sadistic or vengeful desires? Or have you forgotten the multiple death threats she has given?>

<Will, your previously outlined reasons assumed that being asleep would cause issues, which they won't seeing as I often respond to bracelet conversations whilst still asleep. Along with the risk of incapacitating the people involved. Good luck incapacitating a god-like being, someone on another continent and aspects of an eldritch constant.>
<Will you be actively watching when asleep? Or are you going to require that we tell you to disable Luna? And, again, why not just give us all killswitches?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21745 on: January 10, 2014, 04:38:36 pm »

<Why are you all so intent on only having a few people have the ability to deal with her? That's just asking for trouble.>

<One: How exactly is that working, again? Two: Seriously, what do you have against giving all of us kill switches? Exceptions made for Meme and others without proper maturity to use it.>

Makes sense.>

<And what about her sadistic or vengeful desires? Or have you forgotten the multiple death threats she has given?>

<Will you be actively watching when asleep? Or are you going to require that we tell you to disable Luna? And, again, why not just give us all killswitches?>
>Fine, give everyone who hasn't been an asshole to her and probably can handle it yet one. So Cyrielle, Chiron, Hestia, Selina and Stella. And I mean the Stella who's half dragon.<

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21746 on: January 10, 2014, 04:40:44 pm »

<So...the people who have received death threats are unable to protect themselves. Great.>

<And since you didn't notice, I was, quote, 'being an asshole' in an attempt to get her to stop wanting to kill us.>
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21747 on: January 10, 2014, 04:42:17 pm »

<I'll require someone to ask of course. As stated, that would be giving a killswitch to people who are hostile to her, people likely to abuse it. I'm not too sure about Stella, since Luna may be suspicious seeing as she is Will's girlfriend after all. The rest are fine. Not too sure about Selina seeing as she could just remove the transmitter.>

<Congratulations on that stellar success by the way. No doubt her threats to kill you in a horrible way along with your nonexistent children is a testament to how much she no longer wants to kill anyone.>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21748 on: January 10, 2014, 04:43:34 pm »

>Acting like a dick to her isn't going to make her think 'oh, okay, I can trust this guy'. You'd think your super sense or something would tell you that, wouldn't it?

Also, I can defend myself. I carry around one of the few legendary swords there is and I happen to have been dragged across worlds. I'm sure I can take Selina's evil twin. And she'd be hard-pressed to try to kill you with Stella around.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21749 on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:47 pm »

<She'll be hard pressed to kill anyone if she's too busy doing something else for that matter.>
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 4748