Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3115072 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #21105 on: January 09, 2014, 01:12:12 pm »

Selina is still asleep, and a tiny bit pale.

((...Does EVERYONE like Selina?))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: January 09, 2014, 01:17:20 pm »

"I just looked at her, shes well enough my healing won't do much. Letting her body rest, and warm food *she points to the soup* will get her energy back. I can't exactly give her energy with magic now can I?"

Selina is still asleep.

((... Where is this?

Because you could very easily do EXACTLY THAT.

Magic is energy, after all.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: January 09, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »

((Kitchen. And yes, but Conny thinks this is the better way. And she only just got over her exhaustion earlier.))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21108 on: January 09, 2014, 01:19:53 pm »

"I just looked at her, shes well enough my healing won't do much. Letting her body rest, and warm food *she points to the soup* will get her energy back. I can't exactly give her energy with magic now can I?"
Will rolls his eyes.
"You can fix a cut, you can regrow a limb, you can undo telefrags--kinda, no hard feelings incidentally--but you can't make someone warm?"

Define "like," but the answer is probably yes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:24 pm »

Will rolls his eyes.
"You can fix a cut, you can regrow a limb, you can undo telefrags--kinda, no hard feelings incidentally--but you can't make someone warm?"

Define "like," but the answer is probably yes.

Yuri walks into the room, overhearing the conversation.

"To be perfectly honest, energy should be easier than any of that. Providing the energy required to allow the body to knit itself together is much more draining and complicated than a simple magical pick-me-up."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: January 09, 2014, 01:24:56 pm »

"Shes wrapped in blankets and I'm making her soup. Can Natural healing just take its course? Besides, this way all of her girlfriends will agree on something. IE. taking care of her. Shes not in any danger to her health anymore anyway."

"...Well, you just heard my plan so there goes that. And couldn't you do the same thing Yuri by gently heating her blood? Or wake her up and cause her to blush a lot?"
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: January 09, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »

"Shes wrapped in blankets and I'm making her soup. Can Natural healing just take its course? Besides, this way all of her girlfriends will agree on something. IE. taking care of her. Shes not in any danger to her health anymore anyway."

"...Well, you just heard my plan so there goes that. And couldn't you do the same thing Yuri by gently heating her blood? Or wake her up and cause her to blush a lot?"

"Because of... Recent events, I no longer have my family's magic, so no. And with anyone else, I would suppose that simply blushing wouldn't raise her temperature that much... but it's Selina, so perhaps." She smiles, blushing a little.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21112 on: January 09, 2014, 01:28:09 pm »

"See? That would probably work the best for her than any of our magic." Conny winks at her.

((...Um, Selina left the connection between Yuri and Demons Run so Yuri would still have her magic, and because of nervousness of DR going on a rampage...))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: January 09, 2014, 01:36:03 pm »

"Should I toss out all the antibiotics? No point to them, really, we can just let natural healing take its course." Will sighs. "We can make Selina heal faster--why shouldn't we?"

"Because of... Recent events, I no longer have my family's magic, so no. And with anyone else, I would suppose that simply blushing wouldn't raise her temperature that much... but it's Selina, so perhaps." She smiles, blushing a little.
"That violates the law of conservation of energy. Unless you're making the blood flow so fast it causes friction between the blood and the vessels, but that has its own host of problems...especially since blushing moves blood closer to the surface of the body, increasing rate of heat loss anywhere lower than human body temperature. Which is pretty much everywhere."
((Sorry to science everything up.))

"See? That would probably work the best for her than any of our magic." Conny winks at her.
"Yours would be simpler and less likely to make the problem work. Just heal her."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: January 09, 2014, 01:38:16 pm »

"I can't heal her anymore than is already done! And her blush is connected to her magic somehow because i've seen her body get warmer with her blush. A few degrees warmer."
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: January 09, 2014, 01:46:28 pm »

"As to the first: I highly doubt that. As to the second: High body temperature causes the body to attempt to lower its temperature, hence the blush. Without further investigation, it's likelier that magic causes fever causes blush rather than blush causes magic causes fever...and even if the latter were the case, why would induced blushes cause a rise in body temperature rather than the fall they would in anyone else."
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: January 09, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »

"As to the first: I highly doubt that. As to the second: High body temperature causes the body to attempt to lower its temperature, hence the blush. Without further investigation, it's likelier that magic causes fever causes blush rather than blush causes magic causes fever...and even if the latter were the case, why would induced blushes cause a rise in body temperature rather than the fall they would in anyone else."

"She has overheated from a blush before, so..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: January 09, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »

Hestia leaves the bowl of soup, before muttering in Greek over Selina.

Selina feels just that bit warmer, and Hestia walks back through the door, disappearing. The bowl itself is marked with a spell to make its contents taste good, heal a bit, and generally feel warm.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: January 09, 2014, 01:49:34 pm »

"I don't know, but it seems to do so for Selina. A better idea could also be too have someone cuddle with her to share their body heat." She winks at Yuri.

Selina slowly starts to wake up to the smell of chicken soup. She just barely sees Hestia leave. She gives a little smile and carefully sits up in her blankets and begins to carefully eat the soup.
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: January 09, 2014, 01:50:52 pm »

The door itself vanishes, like it was never there.

All Selina sees.....isn't Hestia.

Rather, it's her grandmother/whatever deceased motherly figure still loves her she sees.
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 4748