Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3129748 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Now with 100% more Persona elements!
« Reply #17235 on: December 28, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

((Because Fate would have not intervened. She wouldn't have the right personality requirements. The only reason why regular Cyrielle is alive is because Fate hijacked most of her bodily functions and used her as a host.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: December 28, 2013, 10:31:45 pm »

((Fine. Then don't have her. Both of you.))

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: December 28, 2013, 10:32:53 pm »

<I'm ready to go. This should prove to be interesting.>
<Uh.. I'll come with you guys too. This'll be awesome.>
<As shall I!>
Lucas continues getting acquainted with the gun, still seemingly being used to using guns like that, in the way his body is moving.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: December 28, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

"Um... h-how are you f-f-feeling Yuri...?" Selina gives her a shy smile.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17239 on: December 28, 2013, 10:35:33 pm »

<I'll stay away. I'll send my UAV in, but don't expect any participation short of occasional shots and snark.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »

((... That's not a problem. That's a preference. There are ways to work around that one single event rather easily.))
((It's less the single event and more a combination of "poor writing"* and "why do you get to declare all this again?"**. If you'll notice, if you had read my post, you would have realized that the problems go beyond this one plot. You might also have noticed a compromise, but nope. Sues'm Caes has to be the origin of EVAREETHIN!))

((*I notice that Shys'm Caes has never answered the "How did you get bound?" question at all. Unless you count what is basically "I don't want to talk about it." Seriously, that's a ginormous plot hole there.))
((**Two things. One: It means you get to declare the backstories of this universe, the universes of several other forum games--including only one you wrote, but several by other players of this game--as well as, again, anything else we cross RotMG over with (which, due to a vague metaplot I've discussed a bit with Elf, will be a fair number. Two: If and when Yuri finishes the subplot of breaking the bond with SC, you will be controlling an omnipotent character. And if you don't see how those are problems there's something wrong with you.))

((This universe, yes. I JUST said that it's possible for other places to exist. Or didn't you READ THAT? the issue is that this creation originated with her. Anything that wasn't part of that creation and is just bridged into this one can have a different origin, and it's entirely possible for single universes to be created that didn't spring from her, at least in that she didn't create them directly. She hardly has a monopoly on Creation. Hell, Selina could create a universe if she got a big enough battery. And I got permission to do it from Scap back when he ran the game, so it's part of the backstory. Second, I don't intend for her to. I didn't even intend for her to get her own body, that was something that came out of RP.))

"Um... h-how are you f-f-feeling Yuri...?" Selina gives her a shy smile.

"I am fine, thank you. How are you feeling, Selina?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: December 28, 2013, 10:39:36 pm »

((I think the primary issue was, when Demons Run was conceptualized, no one would have expected there to be any crossovers.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: December 28, 2013, 10:41:22 pm »

((I think the primary issue was, when Demons Run was conceptualized, no one would have expected there to be any crossovers.))
((Basically. If it hadn't crossed over, there wouldn't be a problem. If we had known it would cross over, I would have made loopholes (perhaps just make it clear that it's possible there are other Creations or something, which is technically true anyway because LaFotM is crossed over and has features that simply don't work when connected to this.))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: December 28, 2013, 10:44:01 pm »

((Yeah, I understand what you mean. When I wrote up Cyrielle, I didn't think that the war would end any time soon but it did so that's why she's more of a side character now, because she has no reason to stay.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: December 28, 2013, 10:44:38 pm »

((This universe, yes. I JUST said that it's possible for other places to exist. Or didn't you READ THAT? the issue is that this creation originated with her. Anything that wasn't part of that creation and is just bridged into this one can have a different origin, and it's entirely possible for single universes to be created that didn't spring from her, at least in that she didn't create them directly. She hardly has a monopoly on Creation. Hell, Selina could create a universe if she got a big enough battery. And I got permission to do it from Scap back when he ran the game, so it's part of the backstory. Second, I don't intend for her to. I didn't even intend for her to get her own body, that was something that came out of RP.))
((1. Ninja'd, I skimmed it.
2. You were pretty against it when I suggested it. What changed?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17245 on: December 28, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »

"N-n-nervous... a-a-a-and sc-sc-scared..." Selina tries to smile a bit more but is obviously quite nervous.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: December 28, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »

((1. Ninja'd, I skimmed it.
2. You were pretty against it when I suggested it. What changed?))

((I assumed a tiered structure was what you were talking about. Omniverse contains multiversii contains universii, which in the case of RotMG, has an origin in Shis. Seperate creations would mean different origin points and entirely different structures.))

"N-n-nervous... a-a-a-and sc-sc-scared..." Selina tries to smile a bit more but is obviously quite nervous.

<It will be alright.> She rests a hand on top of Selina's shoulder.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:48:39 pm by ragnarok97071 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17247 on: December 28, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

((Yeah, I understand what you mean. When I wrote up Cyrielle, I didn't think that the war would end any time soon but it did so that's why she's more of a side character now, because she has no reason to stay.))
((She could develop even more as a character and not just have been for a one off thing because with some development she can be a more interesting character than just there for meta and snark.))
<You should come in person. Sometimes I forget what you look like it has been so long.>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17248 on: December 28, 2013, 10:51:21 pm »

((She could develop even more as a character and not just have been for a one off thing because with some development she can be a more interesting character than just there for meta and snark.))
<You should come in person. Sometimes I forget what you look like it has been so long.>

((Well, you could just work it that her surviving had to happen because plot and have some other thing happen to save her and give her roughly analogous (or perhaps just completely random) powers. Like I'm developing Yuri as having a different focus (hell, a different backstory and shit) because Shis never showed up due to not existing. Which is a good thing that she exists, because I guess Yuri couldn't come because Shis has to stay in this Creation >_>))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17249 on: December 28, 2013, 10:51:21 pm »

((Yes, she is developing, but she still has no reason to be in Northdale when she could be in Stanford.))
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 4748