Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4173 4174 [4175] 4176 4177 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116008 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #62610 on: April 14, 2014, 04:39:56 pm »

"Grandiose, please just hurry and and lock her inj the caves, we can worry about getting her fed later."

God damned Fleshlings, needing substenance aaaall the time. So annoying
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62611 on: April 14, 2014, 04:40:25 pm »

"Is that you, Ada? Hold on, let me figure out what happened."
Bartimaeus messages HILDA and what-not.
 "Killing a god!? Count me in!" he exclaims with much excitement in his voice.

<Joy, a weak god is haunting us?>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62612 on: April 14, 2014, 04:41:38 pm »

"Miss, Ada, was it? Do you enjoy paintings?" As Grandiose says this he opens a paintway underneath the two, moving both Ada and himself into his Gallery. No this is not a kidnapping.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62613 on: April 14, 2014, 04:42:43 pm »

<Not particularly weak, no. So you best bring your A-game. No, bring something even better, your A-game won't do. I sliced that guy almost in half, with a god-killing blade, and it seems he is still going okay. So really, step up your game to the max.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #62614 on: April 14, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »

"Miss, Ada, was it? Do you enjoy paintings?" As Grandiose says this he opens a paintway underneath the two, moving both Ada and himself into his Gallery. No this is not a kidnapping.

Ada let out a small harsh laugh
"Considering my powers I don't get much chance to appreciate them"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62615 on: April 14, 2014, 04:45:09 pm »

<I suppose we need a stronger anti-magic field? Well it just so happens that you have a void mage and a void entity able to conjure an anti-magic field faster than you can say 'Alucard and Bartimaeus, please conjure us an anti-magic field'.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62616 on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »

<Lunette is working on that. She is doing some modifications to allow for a magic user to directly feed mana into the field, to overcharge it, drasticaly increasing it's diminishing effects on unauthorited magic. But as a robot, I am a friend of redundancy, so work together with her to make the best anti magic field we can get. Our enemy is a god of illusions, so shutting his ability down best we can is absolutely necessary, unless we are just going to stab eachother. Kyle is already working on special sensor equipment, and a box full of anti-magic rings from IRIS are coming in that provide mental strength against illusions.>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62617 on: April 14, 2014, 04:50:10 pm »

<Lunette is working on that. She is doing some modifications to allow for a magic user to directly feed mana into the field, to overcharge it, drasticaly increasing it's diminishing effects on unauthorited magic. But as a robot, I am a friend of redundancy, so work together with her to make the best anti magic field we can get. Our enemy is a god of illusions, so shutting his ability down best we can is absolutely necessary, unless we are just going to stab eachother. Kyle is already working on special sensor equipment, and a box full of anti-magic rings from IRIS are coming in that provide mental strength against illusions.>

<I'm pretty much done, actually. Just need to test it first...>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62618 on: April 14, 2014, 04:51:13 pm »

<So we're prepared then. Excellent.>
Alucard goes to help Lunette.
 <I believe I can see through illusions. Perhaps not illusions from a god, but my eyes can see magic aura and through illusions.>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62619 on: April 14, 2014, 04:52:06 pm »

<So we're prepared then. Excellent.>
Alucard goes to help Lunette.
 <I believe I can see through illusions. Perhaps not illusions from a god, but my eyes can see magic aura and through illusions.>

Lunette has finished working, and is just cleaning up her magic circle right now.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62620 on: April 14, 2014, 04:54:06 pm »

<There is no such thing as being prepared enough. Whatever you can do to make sure we get through this fight safely, do it. We are talking about a god here. The amount of attempts of manking killing a god is lower than 100. The amount of times it succeeded can be counted one your fingers.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62621 on: April 14, 2014, 04:55:37 pm »

<I'm totally pumped for this. Do you have any idea how much status points a void entity can get if he assists in the slaying of a god? A creation god?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62622 on: April 14, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »

<You are aware that we are just dissipating him? There is no way to permanently kill a god. In a few milennia, he will reform. To most of us, that will not be much of a concern, to everyone else, well, he'll have learned his lesson, hopefully.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62623 on: April 14, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »

<Still quite a feat nonetheless. Nothing can kill a god? What about the most destructive force in the universe which happens to reside in the void and is used to destroy souls?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62624 on: April 14, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

<If you can weaponize that, sure, but for now the plan is for Anima to forcefully summon Zhengara, and us to take him out as quickly as we can while those who do not participate in the fight boost the anti-magic shield.>
Pages: 1 ... 4173 4174 [4175] 4176 4177 ... 4748