Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3443 3444 [3445] 3446 3447 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3120722 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

>I see.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[To: Abraxas] <And thus comes the inevitable question I was bound to ask: 'Would you like to go on a date?' in case the answer is no, I shall close this channel to save you the trouble~>
The channel is thus closed immediately after sending that message.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cyrielle lightly stretches and begins setting up a mental landscape for he aforementioned date to take place in on the chance that Abraxas actually would be interested. She chose the verisimilitude within her mind rather than reality seeing as the latter case would have constrained the date to Stanford, not the most romantic of places...

She awaits either a response, or an extended period of silence.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

"Car crash..."
Lunette looks confused for a moment and then settles her features into a frown, "That's really sad... Are they okay?"
"I think so?"

Will contemplates a summary of everything notable that happened in the past 90 pages. Or rather, he requests one. Because no way in Hell do I want to read through all that drivel to get the nuggets of gold...

((important for you, the plan has been made that the dragon hunting party will head out tomorrow morning (hopefully that is soon) to head to the region with the *most* eyewitness reports on yellow dragon sightings, to build their basecamp there. That way, once the satelite has reached it's position, it only has to scan a small area, and the group can react to scans immediatly. Also, there might be a chance to maybe find some dragons even without the satelite.))

@Sentient Bowtie:
does Foxxy happen to look like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-------

<Before I go on, I want to point out that I am not saying the following because I dislike Annabelle, but purely with regard of the safety of this world, and Annabelles world too. If we assisst Annabelle in overthrowing the government over her dimension, we would be starting an interdimensional war. By all rights, we do not have the authority to decide to start an interdimensional war simply because one girl claims her government is evil. Evil is subjective, and a single report not necessarily accurate. Just check the internet for people who dislike their respective government and look at all the stuff they claim about it. I am not calling Annabelle crazy, but am simply saying that it we should not start a war based on it. And who are we to judge the situation and interfer in a different dimension anyway? It is already a very delicate matter when foreign governments interfer with revolutions that are happening here in this dimension. The consequences of interfering with Annabelles dimension are entirely unknown to us.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Now that all the more horrible people are gone or have stopped shouting at him, Robert is sitting on a chair, 'drinking' a cup of tea to take his mind off today's constant harassment and horror. He occasionally buzzes in annoyance at the continued general inappropriateness of most of the people in this castle.
Robert throws his hands in the air in frustration, buzzing angrily as he stands up. He pokes Marie.

*Buzzes inquiring again whether she knows a room he could use as a bedroom, adding in a whirr that he is fed up with these people's antics for the night.*

Stella approaches Robert, this time completely Human

Robert right? Look I am sorry for how I acted earlier today, it was uncalled for it's just that sometimes that talk leads to actions I would rather not happen.  I will try to be less dragon-ey around you, but could you try to keep an open mind in exchange? Regardless there are plenty of rooms
Stella gives Robert directions to the one most convenient to his work-site

"But get Kyle's permission as soon as you can, I am not really supposed to be giving out rooms"

Mimi purrs a little.

((No one is ever going to give her some clothes are they?))

((Stella is going to, now that Wolfchild knows Mimi has no clothes))

Stella Taps Mimi to gently wake her up, and gives her a set of clothes not unlike what meme is wearing, only these are royal purple

Here, most people will be uncomfortable with you not wearing clothes Mimi

((may need to go to bed soon, but should be good for a few more minutes))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

<The inter-dimensional war aspect requires the other side to know about our dimension. Also, we're, well, most of us, heroes of the earth. I think that gives us the right to do a lot of things by ourselves. Also, you're statement that it's not because of your dislike of Annabelle makes me doubt that statement more than your lack of emotional maturity and lack of drive to change that.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Being heroes of this world does not mean we are not the villains of other worlds. We do not have the right to invade other dimensions. Remember what IRIS is for. There are things out there in the darkness that want to push humanity around, just because they are strong enough that they can do so. We are the ones that prevent that, we protect humanity. But this is not a case for IRIS. We are heroes of this world and that gives us the right to invade others? That would put us on the same level as what IRIS is fighting. We do not have the right push around other worlds just because we can. To overthrow a government and start an interdimensional war, just because Annabelle happens to rebel against it? Stop fucking around and blaming my hesitation to do so on lack of emotional development. Take a deep breath and look at what you are suggesting here. Being the heroes of earth gives us the right to invade other plantes and dimensions? I did not have much time yet to learn the nuances and pitfalls of human interaction, but I can tell right from wrong. And invading a different world just because of a single girls report is wrong. It would be a pervertion of the responsibility we have, and on top of that, a very uneducated knee-jerk decision. So Annabelle tells us her government is evil? Well and Osama Bin Laden told us the western devil was evil, and Roberts faith tells us Lucifer is evil. That doesn't make it so. And you call me the immature one? Stop fucking around. Any normal person would hesitate going to invade another dimension.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<If you haven't noticed none of us are normal people. And to tell you the truth the morality argument means jack shit to me. Morality is just something others can use to push you around. So, I adapted and ignored anything telling me what's moral and not. I find it makes me happier about my thoughts and decisions over all.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<So you are saying that you are just invading another world because you feel like it, and neither rules nor morality can keep you from doing so?>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<There is no rules against it so yeah pretty much.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ICARUS sends a private message to Devon

<Requesting psychological re-evaluation on Kyle Johnson, regarding the question on wether or not he is suited to continue his leading position within IRIS, or even further employment. I am adding to this message a logfile of a conversation that is prompting the doubt that Kyle Johnson is the right person to be in charge of IRIS operations, personel or assets. Additionaly, requesting an investigation into the origins of Annabelle W. Holbech, and the political situation of that place.

Personal comment: Please think about this properly. Anyone who suggests invading a different dimension just because there are no rules against that yet - as it is a precedent - and because the different dimension has no known means of retaliating, and who has no moral hesitation whatsoever is more like a madman than an IRIS agent. We protect this dimension from danger. But who protects this other dimension from people like Kyle?>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:54:07 am by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

<HILDA-01 online.>

Alucard wakes up in his office chair with a yawn.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

<What are you guys talking about?>

<I must agree with ICARUS on this matter; we can't simply invade another dimension because of a single person's report. IRIS is supposed to maintain peace and combat supernatural threats.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<See, even the super evil nazi occultist is agreeing with me. If you have a worse moral compass than a super evil nazi occultist, you really shouldn't make such big decisions.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<It's not like there's anything interesting to fight anymore...>
Pages: 1 ... 3443 3444 [3445] 3446 3447 ... 4748