Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012399 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13710 on: May 13, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »

Is the fight for the Vatican going to start after the fight with the jets or can we start it sooner? It just seems like it's going to take a long time to get it down if we don't start it soon.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: May 13, 2014, 05:14:46 pm »

assuming the analysis of their sensors come up with a bit of useful info, I do have a plan in stock to take care of the bombers with a bit more precision and (hopefully) less risk. So we really need to down these jets and analyze them, we can then regroup for the second assault. There are still like what, 68 hours left?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: May 13, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »

About 62 hourse left before the Bombers get to the Vatican.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:16 pm »

Bartimaeus is trying to infiltrate the Vatican archives

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: May 13, 2014, 08:22:50 pm »

Give me maybe 20 minutes to eat my pizza and I shall give Bartimaeus interactions along with Will.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: May 13, 2014, 08:24:38 pm »

Kyle still doesn't care about hell being sealed off.

Also, I've been thinking of a plot in vein of the MLP episodes with Discord since I watched recently.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:55 pm »

Don't watch too many kj, they infect you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: May 13, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »

Too late...

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: May 13, 2014, 08:29:09 pm »

I watched the first three seasons. I was thankful that I turned back after a couple years.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: May 13, 2014, 08:34:51 pm »

Eh, I don't think it's that bad. I get a little ribbing about from my family though.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: May 13, 2014, 09:02:44 pm »

Um.. Now I have a question on the thermite charges. Is it Iron II oxide, Copper I Oxide, Copper II oxide, or is it thermate?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: May 13, 2014, 10:22:07 pm »

Um.. Now I have a question on the thermite charges. Is it Iron II oxide, Copper I Oxide, Copper II oxide, or is it thermate?
Yes.
Does it matter? The planes we intend to use them on are about as aerodynamic as a brick and yet have the range of an advanced transoceanic jet, and have plating made from an alloy that negates nearby demonic magics. The precise chemical nature of the burny charges isn't important.

((Wait. Did anyone post a turn where they saved Sen, Alucard, and Hilda from crashing into the Ocean?))
Nomad wrote a turn where HILDA crashed into the "ground".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: May 13, 2014, 11:49:01 pm »

Yes.
Does it matter? The planes we intend to use them on are about as aerodynamic as a brick and yet have the range of an advanced transoceanic jet, and have plating made from an alloy that negates nearby demonic magics. The precise chemical nature of the burny charges isn't important.

((Wait. Did anyone post a turn where they saved Sen, Alucard, and Hilda from crashing into the Ocean?))
Nomad wrote a turn where HILDA crashed into the "ground".

It does matter on what the chemical nature of the 'burny charges' is. If it's copper then it won't be hot enough to burn through the demon plating. If it's iron then it might be able to cut through but it would take a few turns to full cut through, if it's thermate then its one big blast of melty death.

Also, I should get that turn wrote down so I don't forget it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:05 am »

obviously it's thermate, as that is the only one that is actually used for deconstruction, google linear thermite cutting charges. They are surrounded by patended mantles, to ensure that no, it's not a big blast of melty death, but the entire force of the charge is blasted into a single direction

from the outside it looks like this:

cross-section:

this kind of stuff blasts through metal girders supporting highrises. A jets engine would absolutely not be able to function after being hit by one of these things. In fact, as long as you focus them towards *any* part of a jet that is in any way needed for the flight, chances are the whole thing will come down.

Iron and copper thermite are not used for demolition, but welding, either of very thick copper cables or of train tracks

on a side note, it's fucking hard to find stuff about these kind of charges, as the internet is absolutely flooded by people who believe these kinda charges were used in the WTC attack as an isnide job thing. Fucking internet. These things were patented 2009 god damnit, I really doubt they were sent back in time to take the WTC out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:45:52 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: May 14, 2014, 04:56:07 am »

Thermate it is then. turn when I get back in two hours.
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1030