Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1012542 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13650 on: May 11, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »

well GWG, we just finished a few games with Poltifar, Kansa and Cado

PN also made it to the channel. Just pop by sometime I guess
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13651 on: May 11, 2014, 02:41:43 pm »

I'll play a game tomorrow. I'll be online today but my internet will be shit, so no games

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13652 on: May 11, 2014, 03:32:13 pm »

Where the heck is the IRC channel, anyways? netnet.net, www.newnet.net, and irc.newnet.net never seem to lead anywhere helpful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13653 on: May 11, 2014, 03:34:06 pm »

well, since I have seen you on the rotmg irc before, I trust you know how to work the client. the server is irc.newnet.net, #botg
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: May 11, 2014, 04:49:32 pm »

well, since I have seen you on the rotmg irc before, I trust you know how to work the client. the server is irc.newnet.net, #botg
In theory. In practice...
Access Denied -
Sorry, but you may not use the servers IP address or un-associated domain name to access this web-server

((appearantly Sanure insists that plasma is electric and thus unresisted))
He said that they fired lightning bolts, and then tried to explain how lightning bolts create plasma and all that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: May 11, 2014, 04:50:59 pm »

odd, never saw that before

another server you can try is irc.redwolfs.net

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: May 11, 2014, 05:31:38 pm »

In theory. In practice...
Access Denied -
Sorry, but you may not use the servers IP address or un-associated domain name to access this web-server

He said that they fired lightning bolts, and then tried to explain how lightning bolts create plasma and all that.

lightning bolts cause more heat based damage, they fry and melt and vaporize the grease on your skin and the fat layers (I watched a documentary about lightning strikes a couple of years ago) , which makes it heat anyway, and i don't care HOW the plasma is made plasma is hot and would deal the damage as heat, maybe not all of it but most
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: May 11, 2014, 06:45:50 pm »

another server you can try is irc.redwolfs.net
Well, I got somewhere, but not somewhere that's working well enough for me to chat.
Could we possibly schedule stuff on freenode?

((burns still would not happen rgardless, they are due to heat caused by the electricity so Stella would still not get a burn even if the plasma is electricity (plasma is so a heat weapon)))
Electricity does other things, you know. Things that, with less energy spent scorching Stella, can do other things. And consider two things:
1. The electricity is magical.
2. Stella's fire resistance is probably also magical.
I daresay that the fire resistance wouldn't have much effect.

lightning bolts cause more heat based damage, they fry and melt and vaporize the grease on your skin and the fat layers (I watched a documentary about lightning strikes a couple of years ago) , which makes it heat anyway, and i don't care HOW the plasma is made plasma is hot and would deal the damage as heat, maybe not all of it but most
Electricity also has other malignant effects on the body, and plasma...well...it's hot enough that your proteins are going to be falling apart. Resistance to normal fire, especially of the mundane variety (and see above if the resistance is magical), probably wouldn't cover that kind of stuff. It's like trying to convince a sales rep that since water damage is covered by warranty, you should get reimbursed for when you took whatever it was a hundred meters below the surface.
Sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13658 on: May 11, 2014, 07:56:04 pm »

Well i kinda said Stella could survive the sun's heat before but whatever

((Yes electicity causes heat burns.Plasma when it hits causing the skin to burst which is basically what happened to Stella. No heat damage was taken or else stella would have been hit with way more damage instead of just 75 I could have also caused nerve damage from the electrical energy still contained in the plasma, but I figured I would get heat from the immense injuries suffered. I'm studying to become a robotic engineer. Taking a electrical engineering course was required. (Also, Hangover is gone. I feel so much better.))

See there we go plausable reason for burn like injury

although its still not a burn
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: May 11, 2014, 07:57:43 pm »

I'll post this here:

Teleportation into the cockpit would cause serious damage to both the teleporter and the pilot. These cockpits are not two person capable and only have enough movement room for one person.

An actual picture from inside of a fighter jet

Also, Apologies GWG I admit I did not understand what you meant for the statement I got pissed at.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: May 11, 2014, 08:00:36 pm »

I love the bottles on the sides.

Also, humans are capable of fitting into pretty tight spaces. Though that would require them to work for it. :U

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: May 11, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »

Depending on how tough the cockpit glass(probably not really glass) is, plus how strong the swords and Ashley are, she could teleport onto the cockpit (assuming she can match vector) and stab through the window, heck just throwing paint onto the thing would mean the fighter pilot would be unable to use visuals

Or can she teleport stuff without herself? teleport her sword INTO the pilot

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: May 11, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »

And limiting their movements. Slashing a sword would be out. Even stabbing would be out kinda.

Depending on how tough the cockpit glass(probably not really glass) is, plus how strong the swords and Ashley are, she could teleport onto the cockpit (assuming she can match vector) and stab through the window, heck just throwing paint onto the thing would mean the fighter pilot would be unable to use visuals
Or can she teleport stuff without herself? teleport her sword INTO the pilot

This would totally be plausible.

I admit, I've never seen Ashley teleport something without herself.

"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: May 11, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »

Bartimaeus could teleport in no problem. Hell, he could shapeshift into air.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13664 on: May 11, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »

Bartimaeus could teleport in no problem. Hell, he could shapeshift into air.

Lol. That is way to OP. Granted his mana would be sealed so shapeshifting may become a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1030