Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010119 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #11820 on: April 12, 2014, 09:14:12 pm »

144!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: April 12, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »

For people interested in javascript.
Interesting.

So what the hell is the canonical relationship between heaven and hell, anyways? :V
Presumably, in the beginning, @Ragnarok created Heaven and @GWG created Hell and the two have been trying to reconcile hem ever since then :P
Technically, I figured out some details about heaven first.
What were those details? Seeing as we haven't heard much about heaven so far.
Well, originally, whoever Heaven decided would make a good cog in the celestial machine went to heaven and whoever didn't went to some demon.
Then people started destroying that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: April 12, 2014, 09:27:24 pm »

Yeah cause it sucked and was boring.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: April 12, 2014, 09:29:35 pm »

Assuming @Elf approved it and never overturned it, I would presume that it still stands regardless of what other people say.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: April 12, 2014, 09:36:02 pm »

It's the afterlife. It's not supposed to be exciting.
And what I think you mean is "it didn't fit with what I wanted to make happen". Really, what's so sucky about a simple, concrete set of rules about something? Why is it boring to have only two afterlives? Why does everyone want to be able to make their own little special snowflake corner of the universe regardless of the lore that's been laid down?

Assuming @Elf approved it and never overturned it, I would presume that it still stands regardless of what other people say.
That was before lore was approved by Elf. Hell, it was before Elf was GMing!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »

Why does everyone want to be able to make their own little special snowflake corner of the universe regardless of the lore that's been laid down?

Have you seen the cast of characters? :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:24 pm »

That's bad enough. And, really, it should be an outlet for Special Snowflake Syndrome.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:36 pm »

If @Scapheap approved and @Elf did not overturn it, wouldn't it still be in effect regardless of what everyone else says?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: April 12, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »

It's the afterlife. It's not supposed to be exciting.
And what I think you mean is "it didn't fit with what I wanted to make happen". Really, what's so sucky about a simple, concrete set of rules about something? Why is it boring to have only two afterlives? Why does everyone want to be able to make their own little special snowflake corner of the universe regardless of the lore that's been laid down?

That was before lore was approved by Elf. Hell, it was before Elf was GMing!
You're trying to make me out to be the bad guy here. Tell me, what is more boring than just working in an office no matter where it is for the rest of eternity. At least in the original Christian heaven you could do things that were of some interest.

And the demons apparently will just make you do menial tasks for all of eternity. Which is boring as well. Also, it doesn't even discriminate on who goes where apparently. It's just based on if Heaven wants you for some arbitrary reason. In short, at least the current lore on the afterlife is interesting with concreteness and flavor.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:04 pm »

What right do you have to overturn it though? If it has been approved and no GM decision has contested it, then it remains the lore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: April 12, 2014, 09:56:58 pm »

If @Scapheap approved and @Elf did not overturn it, wouldn't it still be in effect regardless of what everyone else says?
So you'd think...

You're trying to make me out to be the bad guy here.
Oh, sorry, I forgot that ignoring established lore because it makes your writing easier was a saintly thing.

Tell me, what is more boring than just working in an office no matter where it is for the rest of eternity. At least in the original Christian heaven you could do things that were of some interest.
Actually, in the original Christian heaven, all you did was praise God for eternity. It's not a paradise where you have fun or anything, you just sing praises to God. I don't think you even get to pick what praises you sing.

And the demons apparently will just make you do menial tasks for all of eternity. Which is boring as well.
Depends on the demon, depends on the soul. Overall...so what? Dying sucks.

Also, it doesn't even discriminate on who goes where apparently. It's just based on if Heaven wants you for some arbitrary reason.
And what should it be based on? Why do the petty beliefs of some mortals have so much sway over cosmic processes?

In short, at least the current lore on the afterlife is interesting with concreteness and flavor.
What is so inconcrete about "You're going to Hell unless Heaven thinks you'll fit into their machine"? It's very specific.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: April 12, 2014, 10:03:29 pm »

There is no concrete there. It's like if I just randomly picked an egg because I liked it and the rest would all be broken. And I kept doing that with no pattern. And you're ignoring all the gods and such who could conceivably make their own afterlives and there is nothing Heaven can do to stop it since none of their cogs would help. People being able to choose where they end up unconsciously is interesting and most of all, SOMETHING THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS LIKE BETTER. No one has to yield to you. And please, do show me where Scapheap approved it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: April 12, 2014, 10:05:42 pm »

The question is, do the majority like it better? Shall we use some sort of poll?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: April 12, 2014, 10:08:22 pm »

Sure. Who likes GWG's afterlife better than the one we have agreed upon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: April 12, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »

Sure. Who likes GWG's afterlife better than the one we have agreed upon.
http://strawpoll.me/1488838
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1030