Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1011857 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9930 on: March 23, 2014, 03:41:59 pm »

Warning: The following post is not approved for Creationist, conspiracy-theorist, or otherwise anti-science viewers.

I dunno. Her worldview. Science. Anything. :P
You shouldn't need convincing of "science". Specific theories, sure, but if you can't be convinced that science works, what can you be convinced of?

cheating is disapproved of in business?

SINCE WHEN?
Since corporations started being moral.

((Momo did nothing to cause this.
A god or god-like figure is watching Meme and gently manipulating events.
Meme is taking care of Mimi for now.))
1. I mean, what burden does Momo put on you?
2. ...That's kinda vague.

Conny continues her mutterings about a silly baby and adorable little hands.
Is there something I missed? Adorable little hands? Has Ashley always had those?

"HHHEEEEEeeeyyyyy... Your okay now... Whats up and... I need a shower..." Luna appears to have a hangover and/or may still be drunk.
Why was Luna drinking? Isn't she under the legal age?

"I'm going to make you a bloody mary."
Ashley does so.
And why is Ashley enabling her?

((What happened over the day?))
I started posting again. Will and Angel are missing.

((mission to grab Ashley back: success. 4 more of Kyles steampunk monstergirls moved in - among them a dragon male. Girl cursed by some slavic god moved in.))
Huh. Wait, more of Kyle's steampunk monstergirls?

((it's unbelievable how well the show fits the tone of this game.))
...Alright, what show?

Samson has gone back to his apartment in france until his flight in a few days. Missions and what not.
...Samson...the guy from the fight against Colrath?

Rose runs forward to see if Luna is alright.
Rose...um...I dunno.

<Then I don't have a true name. There is no name that can make me do absolutely anything nor is there one that I will always without a doubt answer to.>
Is it odd that Kyle is coming off like a Creationist to me? "Show me the souls/true names/etc. There are no souls/true names/etc! I haven't seen/don't understand them, they must not exist!"

<Science is about trying to learn stuff. Like that reason.>
Exactly. There is nothing beyond the understanding of science, merely beyond the understanding of specific scientists!

<Hmm no. That kinda stuff is for people full of doubt who lack confidence and need confirmation.>
"There is no proof! There are no theories!"
"Have some proven theories!"
"Bah, who needs that?"

<What? Never heared of tolerance and diversity? You don't need to go around and spread your worldview so everyone believes in it. That's just offensive.>
There's a difference between worldview and facts. I don't think it would be offensive to spread my worldview of heliocentricity* or the sky being blue. Why are other facts different?
*As opposed to geocentricity, not modern cosmology.

<It's not useful here though. Your model will no more make anyone overcome existential dread than an explanation of the dipol nature of the water molecule will quench someones thirst.
Dipole, and you're doing science wrong if you expect that. It's like saying that a sandwich has no value because it can't grant wishes.

<All of those are accurate and true observations, but they don't mean anything.>
That is a nonsensical statement.

<Also, souls are still not scientifically prove able so there is no way one can tell me that anything has one without being disregarded as an idiot.>
Kyle either doesn't understand science or is ignoring the proof. Definitely Creationistish thinking.

<There is hard proof that Anima is a god, and she sais there are souls. Is she not a credible enough source?>
How about, there is hard proof that Anima manipulates souls?

<And they can't show you a soul because it could be any number of things.>
And here we go with pre-emptive "This evidence isn't what the experts say it is!"

<None of our views are correct guys.>
Reality is not relative.

<We could make a trip to hell and ask them if we can watch one of them go harvest a soul.>
Do it. It might help.

ICARUS arrives at Khunyang Chhish, 21st tallest mountain in the world and stares into the horizon in contemplation. All the soul talk made her all spiritual, so she has to think of some non-spiritual stuff first before she can take the mountain for her collection
Wait, ICARUS has a mountain collection?

"Hello, Alice. Alice, this is Rose. Rose, this is Alice."
Rose...is that Marie's daughter?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: March 23, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

Also, Anima IS pretty much a soul. If her name didn't give it away at first glance, and the whole "her summoning thing is essentially her possessing Maria".

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: March 23, 2014, 03:44:44 pm »

well, she only collects like the the mountain tops, by cutting out a 20x20x20 chunk of rock from the highest point. she the top 20 already.

also the show is RWBY
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:57:50 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: March 23, 2014, 03:46:16 pm »

I have to remember that Momo is alive a lot of the time and that Meme is taking care of him. Its just one less character I have to keep track of at this point. And yes its vague, I gotta be vague sometimes.

Luna was bored, and yes.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: March 23, 2014, 03:48:53 pm »

Rose...is that Marie's daughter?

Rozaliya Maksimov, AKA Rose, is a new character. She joined the party for plot reasons.

My plan is to run little mini-plots that only take a day or two inbetween the regular plots (with the current GM's permission, of course). That way, when my turn comes up in the plot queue, I can make something short and memorable that ties the mini-plots together in a semi-satisfactory way. Or at least that's the plan.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: March 23, 2014, 04:21:52 pm »

But how would you prove the expert being an expert if there is no proof that the expert isn't telling you lies due to a lack of proof?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: March 23, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »

see, ICARUS was right, what matetrs is belief.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: March 23, 2014, 04:31:42 pm »

But how would you prove the expert being an expert if there is no proof that the expert isn't telling you lies due to a lack of proof?
The thing in question wasn't the presence or absence of proof--it's the experts' analysis of said proof.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: March 23, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »

you could say priests are experts in their own religion, doesn't make their religions anymore true.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: March 23, 2014, 04:34:10 pm »

so basically ICARUS is like "We can't know anything, stop bothering to try" and Marie is like "seriously, you don't even want to TRY to understand how it works? :I"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: March 23, 2014, 04:35:48 pm »

I RETURN!
Someone summarize what happened pls

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: March 23, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

The thing in question wasn't the presence or absence of proof--it's the experts' analysis of said proof.
Or rather, said proof being simultaneously an expert in it and being proof herself.

I RETURN!
Someone summarize what happened pls
Right now, Kyle doesn't believe in souls, despite one of his closest allies being one- this sparked off a discussion about spirits and shit.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: March 23, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »

Also, sure. But religions don't have effects. I mean, whether you understand a car or not hardly impacts your ability to operate it in day-to-day life. However, SOMEONE had to understand it and build it. Clearly, the engineering of cars must be at least true enough to work.

Also, Marie is trying to force the scientific method on ICARUS in regards to souls and ICARUS is being like 'no'. 'course, marie herself is too busy being a psychology expert to be an expert on how souls work, or at least how they worked back home.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:38:35 pm by Twi »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: March 23, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

and nope, she doesn't. She is happy with her answer, yes she has a soul, and that's the end of it. There is literaly no way investing time in investigating a different view on souls that would improve the situation. ICARUS does not require any deeper information on the matter, so it's spiritual efficency. Just believe in what makes you happy, and don't try to convince anybody else of it, nor be convinced of something else by anybody else. And bam, you are happy. You could say she is dodging a major bullet by doing so. That kinda topic habitualy drives philosophers to alcoholism, if not suicide

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: March 23, 2014, 04:39:54 pm »

So basically, her answer is entirely philosophical and has absolutely nothing to do with science or what Marie is talking about.

<It's like you're having a conversation, but not really.>
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1030