Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010438 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #7800 on: February 20, 2014, 05:21:19 pm »

I meant weiner as in penis.
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: February 20, 2014, 05:22:19 pm »

Kansa, a suggestion, just stick to rot as in biological rot, not just decay in general. for instance plastics first and foremost just break down into smaller and smaller pieces - it stays plastic nonetheless, until sunlight and some really aggressive stuff actually takes it apart. while you could say yes, that is decay, note how that is a *lot* slower than actual biological stuff decaying. you might very well say yes, she rots plastic too, however much much slower, so she has to throw out new clothes after a week or so before they actually fall apart.

That is a good idea, it makes sense that plastic would decay a lot slower than other materials. Though as you suggest it might be best to just stick to rot rather than decay in general, I'm not really sure where she would get the money to buy new clothes if they were constantly decaying on her.

I'd probably alter your power to magically-targeted decay of living organics, period. Or hell, change it to involuntary transmutation.
How about people she touches rot and die?
Rot like, for example, zombies.

I do want to make it work on food though and things like that.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: February 20, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »

Then why not combine the rotting things thing and the magically targeted thing?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: February 20, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »

People, plants, things that would/should rot of left outside in the weather long enough.
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: February 20, 2014, 05:27:56 pm »

Then why not combine the rotting things thing and the magically targeted thing?

Because I kinda want to make it a curse rather than a boon

People, plants, things that would/should rot of left outside in the weather long enough.

Yeah I'll change it to rot rather than decay in general this should exclude plastic and allow her to actually wear clothes.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: February 20, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »

Lyles weiner is canon. I always thought that was the reason for his behaviour anyway
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: February 20, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

The reason for his behavior is that he is a Selina expy it became canon in the TA and SA crossover and I don't want to change canon information.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: February 20, 2014, 05:36:55 pm »

gradual change? you know, character devoplment
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: February 20, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »

Who needs character development when you have dreams about French maid outfits and the resulting awkward conversations?
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: February 20, 2014, 05:39:10 pm »

point

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:05 pm »

picture, an organic compound by your definition. which is simply wrong. if you cared to check the wikipedia article for more than the first few lines, you'll see that it also mentions that "the distinction is ...arbitrary". in actual practise, it's a question of structure and reactivity much more complex than "does it contain carbon". anyone who declares malachite to be an organic compound will quickly be laughed at. please do not quote wikipedia as a fact against common sense. no matter the carbon content, steel doesn't share any similarity with actual organic compounds

Kansa, a suggestion, just stick to rot as in biological rot, not just decay in general. for instance plastics first and foremost just break down into smaller and smaller pieces - it stays plastic nonetheless, until sunlight and some really aggressive stuff actually takes it apart. while you could say yes, that is decay, note how that is a *lot* slower than actual biological stuff decaying. you might very well say yes, she rots plastic too, however much much slower, so she has to throw out new clothes after a week or so before they actually fall apart.

:/ Dude, I didn't quote wikipedia.

I quoted a freaking dictionary.

And if you want something more authoritative?

Here's merriam-webster...

(1) :  of, relating to, or containing carbon compounds (2) :  relating to, being, or dealt with by a branch of chemistry concerned with the carbon compounds of living beings and most other carbon compounds

Oxford...

Chemistry: of, relating to, or denoting compounds containing carbon (other than simple binary compounds and salts)...

and Cambridge.

› biology, chemistry Organic also means relating to, or belonging to a group of substances containing the chemical element carbon.

so, tl;dr, every single authority on the fucking english language disagrees with you.

Yes, it USED To denote living things, however every single authority on chemistry has reestablished the definition so it's not so damn soft and actually denotes a class of things.

Also, this is now mostly unrelated to Kansa and I agree with her changing the power. Specifying that it has to be biological in origin would also work, while keeping the original intent.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:00:45 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: February 20, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »

-snip-
Pretty sure the intent Kansa had was prooobably living/life-related.

Also, nice job posting RIGHT after the person in question goes to sleep. :I

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: February 20, 2014, 07:01:47 pm »

-snip-
Pretty sure the intent Kansa had was prooobably living/life-related.

Also, nice job posting RIGHT after the person in question goes to sleep. :I

well then she used the wrong word :P and that's fine, I just don't like being called an idiot when I'm right and can prove it definitively.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: February 20, 2014, 08:53:59 pm »

((wait so picknic is over, damn))
I was just running the past and the present in parallel.

Power: Anything that is able to rot that comes in contact with Alice's skin begins to do so at a rapid rate
Powers are typically more...active than this.
And if you were trying to dissuade Kyle...condoms and healing spells. Or just stopping before intercourse.
And, um, clothes can rot.

Of course, you COULD use the boring definition, but I prefer that one, or reword it to 'any BIOLOGICAL substance' or something like that, as that requires it have at one point been alive.
...which includes anything made from petroleum.
Or coal/natural gas/etc, but who makes anything from those?

I do want to make it work on food though and things like that.
Wouldn't she starve?

well then she used the wrong word :P and that's fine, I just don't like being called an idiot when I'm right and can prove it definitively.
Preach it, brother!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:59 pm »

Non-rottable gloves.
Plus I think that her mouth counts as not skin because it's her mouth.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1030