Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013233 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6000 on: February 06, 2014, 12:54:46 pm »

Entropy doesn't do any of that stuff! It's the tendency for energy to be evenly distributed over time throughout interacting systems. It doesn't convert mass into energy, that would be antimatter.
In the words of Rag, FLUFF..

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: February 06, 2014, 12:55:35 pm »

And anyway, it was established (much earlier on) that the field rendered magic useless, and had a lesser effect on supernatural things otherwise (superpowers, Personae, the seal keeping Shys in); hence why Richard could barely summon his Persona, if at all.

Basically, it won't evaporate the house. Probably will take out a room or two, maybe the wall. Thank your lucky stars everyone inside is off somewhere.

And yeah what Emp said; entropy is simply the decay of things or something...which Abraxas' upgrade counters as part of it's upgrades, unless I'm not entirely clear on Void; wouldn't be the first time considering nobody tells me anything about the lore.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: February 06, 2014, 12:56:20 pm »

[image of potato]

what's done is done, instead of argueing what should have been, lets argue how it should be from now on.

brainstorm the rules. Once enough suggestions have been made, I'll just strawpoll that shit and majority can make stuff canon, with Elfs approval
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: February 06, 2014, 12:57:06 pm »

Personally, the house being destroyed is cool with me from a plot perspective  so I don't give a fuck about the shield. I'm still :I on Asariel in general, though. Multi-attack OP, nerf plz.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: February 06, 2014, 12:57:30 pm »

leaving that aside, lets brainstorm for ways of a) making dex less OP, and b) making other stats more relevant.
We may not need to, remember, @Ragnarok wasn't clear on the normal rules that @Elf uses and thus used his own ruleset.

Wait what.

no.

Void and Twilight shit wouldn't affect it.

It's not.

Pure creation.
That case, the beam would be turned into a small laser causing a small hole in the walls due to the suppression of such effects by Alexander.

Either way, it shouldn't blow everything up inside.

I, however, have yet to say anything about her using it on something not protected against nigh-everything.

Howssat?

Entropic energy isn't magical itself, just weird as fuck and highly unnatural. The only thing magical is the generation and the bits keeping it from going nova.
Entropy doesn't do any of that stuff! It's the tendency for energy to be evenly distributed over time throughout interacting systems. It doesn't convert mass into energy, that would be antimatter.

That's what it's doing.

In the most violent and destructive manner possible.

a BUNCH of that energy is all bundled up in matter.

So the matter has to go.

The energy is torn out of it, and violently dispersed until it's an even distribution.

usually this only goes so far as breaking apart the matter itself, not the subatomic particles that make it up, but if left unchecked it would.

To put it more simply, once it's actually used, it's a reality shaping effect, not a magical one.

Which are different.

... actually, that's pretty much everything angels do...
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: February 06, 2014, 12:58:33 pm »

;_;

all my careful rule consideration is being ignored

now I feel like Hainuwele
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: February 06, 2014, 12:59:05 pm »

He's arguing that a supernatural attack should be fine as long as the end result is something that is not supernatural. Except what the result is doesn't do what it should. False vacuum metastability events are natural, combustion is natural, inertia is natural. Entropy moving like a substance whilst converting mass into other forms of energy is NOT natural.

That's what it's doing.

In the most violent and destructive manner possible.

a BUNCH of that energy is all bundled up in matter.

So the matter has to go.

The energy is torn out of it, and violently dispersed until it's an even distribution.
That sounds like heat-death, except horribly inaccurate and heavily distorted. And incredibly premature.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: February 06, 2014, 01:00:47 pm »

I'll settle with the house being somewhat damaged but not destroyed; again, fair enough that the shield wasn't brought up initially, but it still falls under supernatural and not completely suppressed by the shield.

Free turns only happen if the enemy has been knocked down or otherwise rendered unable to move, and only on the turn they were stopped from moving. DEX based turn order, I might consider.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: February 06, 2014, 01:01:13 pm »

;_;

I was talking about it on Skype with Twi and Rag if that helps.
:3
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: February 06, 2014, 01:01:33 pm »

;_;

Also Divine Sands has no roll, yes?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: February 06, 2014, 01:02:31 pm »

To put it more simply, once it's actually used, it's a reality shaping effect, not a magical one.

Which are different.
I refute that for the sake of balance. Normally I would not be so absolute, but this affects and unbalances some of my characters whose abilities distort reality. I simply cannot allow that argument lest my own characters become overpowered.

Cyrielle and Alice's magic would count as that, I am not going to let my characters suddenly gain the ability to ignore all defensive measures ON TOP of their already existing anti-armor capabilities.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:04:18 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: February 06, 2014, 01:02:54 pm »

It shouldn't have a roll.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: February 06, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »

discuss it on IRC, maybe?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: February 06, 2014, 01:05:39 pm »

Too bad on the house, Maria Elf. Structural collapse thereafter. Besides, I think I can use the destruction of the server hardware to fuel my PLOT~

In return, either we get MIND to resist the curse or the roll it gives is equal to the number of targets. Because Asariel op. :I

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: February 06, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »

Hm :/

Really, I'd prefer to be able to destroy the house...

Eh, next plot I guess, character from that one should be able to say fux this jazz.

On an unrelated note, I still call bullshit on letting un-nerfed BOSS-TIER CHARACTERS participate in plots :/
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1030