Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013669 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5895 on: February 06, 2014, 02:54:39 am »

Well....the blast would render the shield useless for a bit and the house would get a pretty unsightly soot stain on the side, but nothing.

Unless that blast was somehow a Megidolaon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: February 06, 2014, 02:57:24 am »

So let me get this straight, of the four super weapons in this battle, one of them is about to get retconned, another one got screwed over and has to get retconned, the third one can be blocked by a well placed piece of cardboard and the fourth one is being aimed at something shielded against it?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: February 06, 2014, 02:59:20 am »

Although the fourth counter was there for a long time; hence why Sen can't teleport directly in or indeed, none of the supernatural entities except Abraxas, Hestia and Chiron can teleport in.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: February 06, 2014, 03:00:49 am »

You guys do remember that the paintings are really tough to harm and that Cyrielle had to use distortions to cause a small hole in the one right?
They aren't, Grandiose kept his elemental affinity to the element used against him. Hence why a non-elemental distortion attack perforated him. Also, "Cyrielle had to use distortions" isn't a very good measurement of power, it was mainly due to the consistent density of the portrait, likewise, a distortion would only cause a small hole to a piece of cardboard so if you go by that logic, cardboard would be very durable; distortions are incredibly powerful against entities with organs (or vital components) that trigger detonation but negligible against everything else.
Ah, I have stuff on this. But I can't spoil it yet. I can say that he doesn't have organs or vital components in his body.

Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: February 06, 2014, 03:02:41 am »

In all fairness, the third counter has been around for at least three centuries.

Yeah but the shot hit his painting form at the time which is naturally resistant to distortion beams.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: February 06, 2014, 03:04:41 am »

Well, we did establish in the thread that the shield protected against Void, Twilight and Magic.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: February 06, 2014, 03:05:56 am »

Not The Twilight. Void and Creation only so far.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: February 06, 2014, 03:06:42 am »

Yeah but the shot hit his painting form at the time which is naturally resistant to distortion beams.

That's part of the stuff I can't reveal yet :-[
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: February 06, 2014, 03:09:02 am »

Well, presuming it was made out of canvas, the beam wouldn't have done much except put that small hole in it. It needs some density variation to do any real damage.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13:01 am »

Oh, elf, did what did you think of grandiose's lore? was it acceptable? I apologize for pestering you about it so much...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13:49 am »

Oh, elf, did what did you think of grandiose's lore? was it acceptable? I apologize for pestering you about it so much...
Except the last part. He looks human; would've been shot on sight.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: February 06, 2014, 03:20:00 am »

Hmm, should I make it so that Grandiose looked like them? I mean it is in his power, though he probably wouldn't have known about the ability, and still doesn't if that's true.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: February 06, 2014, 03:21:18 am »

Go ahead.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: February 06, 2014, 03:22:34 am »

ok, making changes.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: February 06, 2014, 04:35:18 am »

Also, IIRC, we have also established that the shield only prevents MAGIC. that is, the actual manipulation of energies. Ergo, Slendy's passive generation of electromagnetic interference was able to take effect, but it did not have any anomalous effects.

Once the attack is fired, it is no longer magic, it isn't magical in itself, only the generation and containment of it is magical. If anything, the shield actually wouldn't affect it at all, though the magic that contains it and stops it from affecting the air would be cancelled, causing a localized reaction not unlike that that Dumah uses to propel itself through the air, but on a MUCH more massive, uncontrolled scale. This effect is essentially E=MC^2 at work, directly transferring all matter reacted with into its most non-stable form, i.e. energy, instantaniously.

So basically, if the shield would interact with the attack at all it wouldn't stop it, it'd just turn it into an australia-busting relativity bomb.

Which would be decidedly fatal to... pretty much everyone.

The way it's supposed to function uses Dumah's own magic to deliberately stop it short of causing that relatavistic chain reaction, only decomposing it into its component atoms and rendering it inert.

yyyyeah.

Also, yeah I'd say that Dumah's Matter Annihilation cannon is about on par with not only a Megadoleon, but an Elizabeth Megadoleon.

You know, the one that does more damage than it's possible for you to have.

There's a reason it takes five turns to prepare even with Dumah's fifty magic and a functional eternity of experience.

Additionally, in response to the painting not being a curse, her ability of curse manipulation runs on the following definition of 'Curse'

"Any purely magical effect or malady which causes either a reduction of functioning of the body, mind, or spirit, or which maliciously binds a being against their will."

For example, she designed the method which was used at the end of the Rebellion to cast out and depower the Fallen Angels, as this falls within her purview.

I mean, I can still work all this, and make it function with my plot, but it'd be easier to do it if I could actually run it the way I intended.

I have tried to compromise recently once I realized I'd made some mistakes with running this, but there are some things that will be very helpful for this to run smoothly. Asariel being trapped in the painting can be dealt with, though in all honesty I object fiercely to a freaking boss-tier character being able to assist in main plots. If I'd had a choice in the matter, I would have banned Grand from even being part of this for that exact reason. Same with Thera and Spooky and maybe even Marie (Twi, do you have a single character that ISN'T boss-ti... oh right Bismuth/Stella, your actual mains.)

Unfortunatly, I didn't, because I figured that would be seen as mean-spirited and rude.

I should have just dealt with it then, because having such characters helping has made telling the story I wanted to tell near-impossible.

I'm considering scrapping the whole plot at this point, despite the fact that it would have been a great way to provide Shys'm Caes with some much-needed personality and character depth, as well as to explore what exactly Yuri's family actually does, AND expand on the lore of Heaven which hasn't so much as been touched other than how they deal with collecting souls (which I would like to request that people still not touch, but of course because this isn't my game I have absolutely no say in). Mostly because I've realized that it would be much too easy for the party to just walk in and wreck absolutely everything with the biggest hammer imaginable than to actually go through the plot.

If I do decide to scrap it, I'll write up an infodump here so that at least the lore I wrote up won't go to waste.

Though I may as well do this part, since it's not too spoilerific:

Spoiler: Angels (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:58:32 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 1030