Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)  (Read 6743 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »

Khaz'gar cracked up a snarky smile while responding to Clair's crack. "Sounds like you're volunteering to do it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

"So that's it then. Your threat against us. You can take any one of us out? Do you really think that you stand a chance of we band together? Or do you simply think we won't be able to band together?

Honorable leaders of the other great nations here. I ask you if you plan to let us be picked apart one by one by this braggart, or if we shall stand together against his and any other aggression?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

Khaz'gar cracked up a snarky smile while responding to Clair's crack. "Sounds like you're volunteering to do it."
Clair give Khaz an appraising eye "You're not my type, sweety."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 05:48:23 pm »

You already have my answer Harold, I am glad you too see the pointlessness of war
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 05:56:30 pm »

"The Orc overestimates his tribe's combat ability. Not all of us are as harmless as he believes."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »

Khaz'gar pointed at Clair before speaking. "You. I like, you have a sense of humour, unlike the rest of these mewling whelps that call themselves leaders." He then turned his head to face the rest of the leaders within the temple.

"The rest of you, however, seem to lack the capability to appreciate a joke, or to realize that the rest of you cannot actually afford to raise a large amount of troops. Most of your settlements seem far more focused on the civilised life rather than one that's able to sustain themselves. And with the fact that everyome seems pre-occupied with large troop buildups, all you have done is made war inevitable. We would all succumb to infighting before any of the dragons could destroy us, not that if one showed up we could defeat it anyway."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 06:55:41 pm »

"Khaz'gar. You speak of the inevitability of death. This is true. Try as any of us might, we cannot escape death's grasp forever. But you also speak of legacy, of glory. And this is what this peace offers, glorious victory against opponents that mere years ago seemed unimaginable.
Do you want the legacy of your people, the one thing that history remembers about them to be their fatalism? Their reluctance to achieve beyond pointless raids? Or do you want your people to be remembered as the tribe that broke dragons? Gods even? Would you like to be remembered among every race, every people, as the leader who changed the world?
Or perhaps you truly prefer to be remembered as the brigand that other races take you for?"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 07:17:53 pm »

"First you threaten us. Then you urge us not to try to protect ourselves? Yes, it would weaken us to have to remove you from the valley. But your suggestion is that us paying you tribute or letting you raid us would not weaken us more so? Clearly you don't plan to aid us ever, so we would lose nothing if your tribe ceased to exist.

It sadden me to say this. But I think the Kasvaldni League is a true and present threat to the security and safety of our peoples. And I would call this meeting of nations to a vote on what is to be done with them. As much as I wanted to avoid conflict I strongly believe that in light of these threats that we should ether remove Khaz'gar from leadership of his people and put them into a trust to be administered by our nations. Or failing that motion we need to at least force him to demilitarize, forcibly if need be, so that his oh so vaunted troops no longer threaten our lands.

These are harsh actions, I will acknowledge, but I feel that we simply can not let this threat to our lands grow."

Harold smacks his hand on the table.

"I vote aye to the motion that we declare war on the Kasvaldni League to remove their unstable leader."

Code: (Votes) [Select]
A: Declare war on the Kasvaldni League: 1
B: Forcibly demilitarize the Kasvaldni League: 1
C: Allow the Kasvaldni League to continue unabated: 0

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 07:27:40 pm »

"Harold, while I agree that Khaz'gar is to put it plainly, a right bastard, declaring war on him merely serves his own purposes. This council was called to promote peace, and peace will not be had by jumping to war at every provocation. IF Khaz'gar follows through on his threats, and makes a move against any one of us, we will know. And then, and ONLY then will we put a stop to his aggression, but we will not force his hand. If the time comes then you have my support, as do all members of this council, but the MindForge Hearths will not condone the aggressor."

Code: [Select]
A: Declare war on the Kasvaldni League: 1
B: Forcibly demilitarize the Kasvaldni League: 1
C: Allow the Kasvaldni League to continue unabated: 1

((Er...who voted demilitarize? I only know you recommended war, you only get one vote dude :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »

"It matters not. I crave no immortality, unless it's our corpses walking around. Even then, there is still no honour in a lasting legacy. All there is is dust and darkness.

And Harold, you know better. There's nly one way to rule over an orc, and that is by strength. All other ways are meaningless, unless you'd like to admit that you are of bastard parentage?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

The Confederacy of light Seconds the motion to Demilitarize the Kasvaldni League, until such a time as they can work towards peace
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 07:35:49 pm »

((Er...who voted demilitarize? I only know you recommended war, you only get one vote dude :P))

((Yeah. Sorry about that. But I sorta meant it as as in do you vote for A&B, just B, or just C. Since after all, doing A would by necessity include doing B. Sorry if that was not clear.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

((Yeah. Sorry about that. But I sorta meant it as as in do you vote for A&B, just B, or just C. Since after all, doing A would by necessity include doing B. Sorry if that was not clear.))

((well not really, I mean if you go to war with them then you'll probably just end up destroying them, not demilitarizing them. Theres a difference))

Indeed, I do this.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 08:23:40 pm »

"The Kingdom of Norlar's vote is that we give this Orc what he wants; he says the only way is through force, so force is what we shall give him."

(I vote for A.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »

Head Temple Elder Tekos speaks up. "May I remind you all that this is an emergency diplomatic meeting between several sovereign powers... not a two-bit tribal council. Your votes mean nothing without some sort of agreed upon treaty or massive military to back them up."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8