Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)  (Read 6739 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:30 am »

Khazgar, I want you to be clear on this, attacking a signatory of the pact while a signatory still causes retaliation

"Aye, he's clear on it lass. He may come off as a bit brutish at first, but there's clear intelligence in that head of his. I'm guessing this was all just some crazy bout of posturing to see how the other nations would react to a threat. I doubt Khaz'gar or his people would join anything unless it could kick their collective asses."
At this the old dwarf had a hearty laugh, finally able to loosen up now that the potential threat was passed.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2013, 09:01:30 am »

"There are still nations here who have not signed the treaty. My guess is that he is planning to work through a loophole, and only attack those who do not sign; the treaty only forbids aggression against signatories. Very convenient, in fact, because any response from the defender would be condemned by the treaty. Perhaps it should be amended?"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2013, 10:45:04 am »

Without warning a female dwarf bursts into the meeting, carrying a smoking pipe and chugging from some sort of small barrel full of alcohol. She kicks one of the temp elders out of his seat and plops down, slamming her barrel on the table and taking a drag from the pipe. After a while she exhales, blowing smoke around the room, and seeming generally unaware that she was in a temple at all. "Awright, ya limp livers, out wit' it! What's this here meetin' about?"

Earlier That Same Day
Before leaving for the meeting at the temple, Ardent took a good long look at the workers she had available. Letting out a sigh frustration, she sets aside a group of bookworms and tells them that from now on they're scouts, and then puts some of her craftsmen and fighters to work building a tower in Capital Masteria. This was gonna be a long ride, and she wasn't happy about it. She grabs her favorite pipe, the last barrel of ale left by her mother, and sets out for the temple.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

"Hmm. Well, you missed all of the chaos of the death of the Head Temple Elder, and then the hostility between Khaz'gar and the rest of us. And there's a motion to sign a mutual defense treaty. The majority have already signed it, although I and Arch-Scholar Gaithan have abstained so far."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2013, 11:38:13 am »

Quote from: 'Ardent's Folly' A Propaganda Leaflet by Black Sister Niesish

The years of the Black Dragon's blessing are over my fellows. We have always lived by the Dragon's Laws, spreading death and corruption to others as Bandits. It was a necessary evil to hunker down in towns in the face of a genocidal dragon, but we should have dispersed once more into the wilds and the seedy roadside taverns as soon as it fell. Ardent the Elder died for this mistake and her daughter now walks the same treacherous road...

Do not be fooled by her recent commissioning of a Squadron of Scouts. They will only be used to look for suitable sites to put new towns for us to hide in. I will eat my own wig if they actualy find targets to raid. Ardent has constructed a tower. A tower yields archers, which are the weapon of a coward sovereign.

Pray that whatever punishment the dragon has in store will pass over you and your families, and live each day in darkness and death.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2013, 11:49:54 am »

"Peace treaty, huh? Sounds boring. What're you limp livers playin' at? You plottin' ta take each other out?"

Have the scouts search the north
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:01:00 pm by Lillipad »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

Bormus mutters under his breathe "I'm plotting to strangle you if you call me a limp liver again"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »

"Hahaha, well met there newcomer. Don't mind if most of these folks aren't too amicable, they aren't the sort that can take a joke. Likely because they keep putting stones up their rears!" Khaz'gar said, starting to laugh once more.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 02:29:46 pm »

Ardent took a drag of her pipe. "So ya ain't all limp livers after all, ah? Well met, orc, have a drink!" she said, passing the barrel of ale over.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 05:57:49 pm »

Harold looked on unsurprised as Khaz'gar signed his name to the pact for peace. "I certainly am gratified that there can be peace in our times." At this he turns to the largest Orc behind him and remarks just loud enough for the others to hear.  "Although I must say, I am a little disappointed in the clear degeneracy of our southern cousins. No brains was a given of course, but having no convictions as well was a surprise." He turns back to the table. "Indeed, now that the southern Orc clans have agreed to compromise their principles in exchange for their well being, I must say I think this meeting went quite well. Quite well indeed. There are a few more administrative issues I need to work upon with a few of my esteemed colleges, but other then that I have no more issues that need to be taken care of."

At this Harold motioned to the smallest Orc that was standing behind him, who brought him a several sheets of parchment that he proceeded to sign one after another. The small orc then took several sheets of parchment and offered them to Marrick Karnell.

At this Harold stood up and put his hands on the table. "Of course. I want to make something very clear. What I said earlier about working together is something I firmly believe in. I think the only way forward is though the path of peace. And to that end I am offering a hand of friendship and protection to everyone here. Not just those that signed the pact. I will work towards peace and prosperity for the whole of the Garden. And if anyone requires my assistance when their peace is broken they must only ask. We shall only progress though peace. And thus we should only have peace so that we may progress."

Send a craftsman and a fighter to The Kingdom of Norlar to be made into a phalanx and then returned. Once they are returned send another craftsman and a fighter to The Kingdom of Norlar to be made into a phalanx and then returned. Once they are returned send another craftsman and a fighter to The Kingdom of Norlar to be made into a phalanx and then returned.

Once those orders go though build a farm in Dragons Feast hold.

Once all four orders go though I am fine with ending the peace phase.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:06:34 pm by Criptfeind »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »

Marrick smiles as the orc passes him the papers. "I look forward to working with you, Harold."

Receive the 3 fighters and 3 craftsmen from the Orcish Confederacy and train them into 3 phalanx squads, then return them to MacTargash.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »

Quote from: Advice from one whore to another, as overheard in a brothel in the Camathi town of Merth
If you are worried about work drying up in the winter, you should head north across the border to Dragons Feast Hold. The confederacy has much of food to spare, and has just established three squads of elite soldiers who will have nothing to do over the long winter when the roads freeze over.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a few of them with an interest in elves, and food and lodgings to spare for a girl to keep their beds warm. I'd go myself, but my mother is ill and I have to look after her.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 01:30:38 pm »

(Okay. Going to start the warphase. Sorry Cheesecake, you just took to long.)

War Phase 1: Attack Planning
Game State

The winter brings most of the garden valley to a cold halt. The roads and passes that armies move through are frozen over, and the temperatures are so low that it would be dangerous to keep one's troops outside for long.

By the time spring rolls around military squadrons everywhere are more than ready to leave town for adventure and conquest.

The OP of the OOC thread has been updated with more combat details. READ IT CAREFULLY and then post your attack commands.

NPC ATTACK PLANNING!

None of the independent towns mobilize any forces for offense...
The Temple of Purity remains neutral as always. No attacking from them...
None of the God Dragons have decided to cause trouble this turn...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 02:58:34 pm »

Military orders PMed. Not Really, Just hiding thm here in plain sight. All units attack Sunrise town.

This'll be fun :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 03:06:37 pm »

Having few troops to do anything with, Ardent has her scouts set out to explore the north.

Ardent takes a tour of the new tower in Masteria. She inspects the new equipment, and orders some of the guards to bring Niesish in.
"So yer the one spreadin' that garbage against me, ah? Well, can't say I expected much else from a limp liver." For the first time that day, Ardent places her pipe down, grabbing a spare bow and arrow. While the Sister is restrained to the wall, she gives a few practice shots at a target in the room, eventually pointing and drawing at Niesish. "So I'll take yer opposition to me as you being a supporter of The Enemy. I bet you laugh it up as you conspire behind the empire with my mother's murderers, ah?" She looses the arrow, just barely missing the shot, as it clanks off the wall. "I can't just let someone like you roam free on my turf now, can I? Unless of course... You make yourself useful to me."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8