Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 561135 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2475 on: October 16, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »

Not sure why they're complaining about it lasting more than a day if he can just dismiss it. Don't know if you need to prepare the dismissal thing as well or if it can be dismissed anytime with no preparation needed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:27 pm »

At least in 3.5 it can be dismissed at any time without any prep, although it does take a standard action.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:30 pm »

Note: V is likely only level 16, the extra caster level comes from Blackwing's shiny bauble.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 16, 2017, 07:31:22 pm »

Huh, nice catch.
As for the ease of dismissing the force cage, might have just been a... forced gag (;

IIRC it also takes an action, technically, though my group always treated it as a free action interrupt.  I once had an ogre grab my Spiritual Weapon (a semi-autonomous weapon of force energy) and wield it.  I actually let it do so, then dismissed the spell right before getting hit (and probably dying) to tie up the dumb ogre's time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 16, 2017, 08:11:04 pm »

I think the point is that they don’t have to hurry.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 18, 2017, 12:54:22 pm »

I thought they had to hurry before the world ended?
Anyway I think this is for one of two reasons, comedy, or drama. Comedy, because they are stuck there, and Drama, There will be even less time to save the world. If the reason is comedy, V might remember s/he can dismiss the spell. When s/he remembers, is less certain.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:04:53 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 18, 2017, 01:03:34 pm »

I wonder how things like these that happen after they arrive affect the airship's drama-based engine.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: October 18, 2017, 04:30:21 pm »

When s/he remembers, is less certain.

Alternately, they can waste a Disintegrate spell to remove it before remembering it can just be dismissed.

Also, was that vampire that drained Vaarsuvius destroyed, or did it simply turn to mist and is still stuck in the forcecage?

I wonder how things like these that happen after they arrive affect the airship's drama-based engine.
They've already arrived "in the nick of time". That's why the ship is hovering overhead. And it's probably going to stay that way unless they have to make a gunship rescue, which would be a little hard to pull off since they're underground and the Mechane just jettisoned its weapons.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 26, 2017, 04:48:22 pm »

Update, wherein force-cage related questions are answered.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 26, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »

Question: How much air do they have?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 26, 2017, 04:55:16 pm »

Aren't there a number of spells the spellcasters of the group could cast that would vastly improve their fighting ability, and now they have a significantly large number of time to cast them before V drops the force cage?
@Th4DwArfY1: With Force Cage, the spell description doesn't state how much air there is in it, so it is up to debate.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 26, 2017, 04:57:42 pm »

Enough air to last whatever creatures are inside at least 34 hours, given that one of the intended uses for the spell is trapping a thing for 34 hours without killing it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 26, 2017, 04:59:18 pm »

Also, was that vampire that drained Vaarsuvius destroyed, or did it simply turn to mist and is still stuck in the forcecage?
Well, given the Vampire exhibited the eyes usually associated with death (unless acting is involved, which I doubt) and Roy pulled out the Big damage dealing Green Guns, and the Sword probably went through the Vampire's heart.... I'd say it's dead.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: October 26, 2017, 05:00:35 pm »

The air around you is more exhaustible than people think. Most of the issues with running out of air in situations like these are because of fire or other combustion consuming all the air in a relatively short period of time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 26, 2017, 05:06:28 pm »

Yeah, this still seems like a non issue. Most of the vampires are probably trivial spawn, the heroes have whatever set up time they need, sure Elfboy can't come out blasting but he can set up whatever other spells will be useful and if the heroes can't beat this group of vampires readied actions with their own readied actions they're probably hopeless anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 313