Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 561196 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Technically since they are found in temperate forests, and the entry reads "Medium Fey", they would only be an outsider (with that applied template thingy) whenever they are not on their home plane of residence. You could probably say that since Arborea has temperate forests they could reside there too, I would probably assume that most would live on the material plane and would be native while they were there, and some would live on Arborea and be native to that plane instead. Unless I'm missing some random fey plane in the standard 3.5 cosmology, but idk.

Thats just what I think, anyway, I could be wrong.
You're thinking Extraplanar. Outsider is a specific type that indicates the being is composed of planar stuff, and that the body and soul are one. Extraplanar is a subtype that indicates the being is native to a different plane.

Regarding the fey, most fey in standard 3.5 cosmology are native to the Prime Material. Arborea has the eladrin, who are vaguely fey-like outsiders. However, we really don't know what there is to go on because this is not necessarily the base 3.5 cosmology.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh right :P.
That would explain why Roy's GF (Whose name I cannot recall right now) would be dead is dead if she ever died. That would mean that outsiders can't be banished on their home plane, unlike with what I said, I think.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been wondering, if Redcloak can summon elementals from the Periodic Table, if he were to call a uranium elemental, would that be usable as a nuke?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I've been wondering, if Redcloak can summon elementals from the Periodic Table, if he were to call a uranium elemental, would that be usable as a nuke?
Uranium is naturally composed of 99% U-236, which is pretty terrible for nuclear weapons, so no. Natural uranium isn't even used for power generation, because it just isn't reactive enough.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

He can however summon a transuranic elemental. It will fall apart as soon it's summoned, but people nearby will immediately die of radiation disease.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

He can however summon a transuranic elemental. It will fall apart as soon it's summoned, but people nearby will immediately die of radiation disease.
Two words. Lead. Shield.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Two words. Lead. Shield.
Only Belkar has a lead shield, though.
Your point?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

What about Belkar turning into a vampire - shouldn't that fulfil the prediction as well?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

What about Belkar turning into a vampire - shouldn't that fulfil the prediction as well?
I'm leaning towards Lichkar, personally.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

You seem to forget that said nearby people also include Redcloak.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

You seem to forget that said nearby people also include Redcloak.
The original point was a question if he could shield an atomic bomb elemental, so...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

The thing about the prophecy is, although the Oracle specified that Belkar would 'breath his last', which seems to be ripe for tricky interpretation, informally he spoke as if Belkar was going to die. So while Lichkar would be a terror to behold, he is probably not going to happen.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing about the prophecy is, although the Oracle specified that Belkar would 'breath his last', which seems to be ripe for tricky interpretation, informally he spoke as if Belkar was going to die. So while Lichkar would be a terror to behold, he is probably not going to happen.
He's going to acquire some sort of magic item that makes it so that he doesn't need to breathe, I bet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

That could've been the oracle just messing with him.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the oracle added that he was going to die - properly - in an aside to the audience.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 313