Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 561194 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 946 It's What's Inside That Counts
« Reply #690 on: February 23, 2014, 01:25:30 pm »

I was thinking that, when Nale killed Malack and Durkula saw it, that was the time his spirit would have reasserted itself. However, he BSODed for a few panels: that could have very  well been the time when he was inwardly trying to fight an incursion by evil forces.

However, it may be that he wasn't controlled by Hel's servant until later. Consider the scene where he tries to heal Roy and accidently channels negative energy instead: that does not strike me as the sort of mistake that a Hel(l)ish spirit would make.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #691 on: February 24, 2014, 02:02:45 pm »

Totally called it. Should have given the D the stake.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 24, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »

Just a thought, but maybe it applies ONLY to unDurkon, and other undeads remain their original selves. Most notably Xykon who crafted a phtlactrlly for this purpose
I thought it was some sort of 'evil thing has taken control. Durkon is still inside, but powerless to do anything'
This would make more sense, but what would make Durkon special, then?

Again, it might be a side effect of the spell that brought Durkon back as a vampire, or possibly from the fact that his thralldom wasn't properly released due to Malack's destruction.
Neither of these sound like they'd summon or spawn an entirely separate entity in control of his body and possession of his soul.

However, it may be that he wasn't controlled by Hel's servant until later. Consider the scene where he tries to heal Roy and accidently channels negative energy instead: that does not strike me as the sort of mistake that a Hel(l)ish spirit would make.
Similarly, what would have happened between then and now to do that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 24, 2014, 04:15:57 pm »

Just a thought, but maybe it applies ONLY to unDurkon, and other undeads remain their original selves. Most notably Xykon who crafted a phtlactrlly for this purpose
I thought it was some sort of 'evil thing has taken control. Durkon is still inside, but powerless to do anything'
He's a PC?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 24, 2014, 05:16:37 pm »

He's a PC?
GitP forums think Hel had something to do with it.

Maybe the thralldom had something to do with it. Maybe Hel intervened somehow. Whatever the answer is, it better be good; there does seem to be something off about the whole thing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #695 on: February 24, 2014, 06:09:51 pm »

As I understand it, a typical vampire in order of the stick is an undead being of dark energy, similar to a zombie, but with the memories of the original person. Since they don't have the soul, which it seems is still trapped in the body, they are not the same person because the soul isn't driving. Since the resident god usually doesn't care, they're just a new dark energy being that starts dropped into a load of memories that effectively make them the same person, but evil by nature.

It seems here Hel has taken interest and so given the dark energy being inhabiting a bit of coaching before dispatching it off to possess the body.

Liches remain the same person since they store their soul in the phelasoulthingy, allowing it to control the dark energy fuelled skeleton.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:14:36 pm by MorleyDev »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:10 pm »

Phylactery.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2014, 05:28:27 pm »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any bets on who dies next, when the comic resumes?

My money is on Belkar, then Elan.

Spoiler: Justification (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I feel fairly confident in my assessment that Julio only wants to visit Arboria to find some nice nymphy beauties and hang out.

And by hang out I mean sex.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nymphs are fey, not outsiders, if I recall.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

These are fey outsiders :P
Love, scriver~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 922 Payback
« Reply #703 on: March 23, 2014, 03:58:13 am »

Order of the Stick and the Order of the Stone may foil my evil plan, but Order of the Words will never inconvenience me.
siggy
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically since they are found in temperate forests, and the entry reads "Medium Fey", they would only be an outsider (with that applied template thingy) whenever they are not on their home plane of residence. You could probably say that since Arborea has temperate forests they could reside there too, I would probably assume that most would live on the material plane and would be native while they were there, and some would live on Arborea and be native to that plane instead. Unless I'm missing some random fey plane in the standard 3.5 cosmology, but idk.

Thats just what I think, anyway, I could be wrong.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 313