Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107458 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #510 on: November 17, 2013, 10:28:47 pm »

Greenwich Meridian Time, not Goods and Services Tax. Sorry. The time offset in the looks and layouts bit of my profile reads as 16.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 17, 2013, 10:31:25 pm »

Greenwich Meridian Time, not Goods and Services Tax. Sorry. The time offset in the looks and layouts bit of my profile reads as 16.

For me your quoted post was made "Today at 10:28:47 pm"  What time do you see on your post?  With the way I think, this is the easiest way for me to understand the time difference between what you see and say and what I see and say.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2013, 10:33:29 pm »

For me your quoted post was made "Today at 10:28:47 pm"  What time do you see on your post?  With the way I think, this is the easiest way for me to understand the time difference between what you see and say and what I see and say.

« Reply #510 on: Today at 14:28:47 »
That's what I see as the time on the post you quoted. So I'm 8 hours in the past for you?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 17, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »

Cheeetar:

Aha!  But Oct 30th is the day that the game started.  I don't need the exact time anymore, you're essentially saying that you picked the very beginning of D1 to pick who to investigate.

Why did you pick the very beginning of D1, when the least amount of information was available, instead of later or late on D1, when you 'might' have had some suspicions because of people's posts/reactions to yourself and other players?

« Reply #510 on: Today at 14:28:47 »
That's what I see as the time on the post you quoted. So I'm 8 hours in the past for you?

It only mattered for me for purposes of 'math', to figure out when to 'insert' your choice of when you chose to ask into the flow of your-and-others' posts of the thread.

If I'd double checked when the game started sooner, I would have not bothered to poke you for exact time, whoops.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 17, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »

Ooh Nerjin... I am not Magic Kung-Fu Jesus.

At this point though, I'm not willing to argue the point. Your usefulness is absolutely limited until you break out of this tunneling cycle, and the title of Kung-Fu Jesus amuses me. No words from me are going to find much quarter with you. If you are so convinced that I am scum, that you are willing to bend the entire town over backwards to achieve a lynch on me, just do it and be done with it. This form of Tunneling only gets worse as Days go on. Besides, Rerun isn't nearly accurate enough to attempt to lock down the scum team.

Now... I hesitate not when I say you are complete and utter idiot if you think that Cheeetar's just going to magically make you king. Not because he doesn't have the power, but because claiming who your are targeting for a night action is practically begging for it to be intercepted. I would far prefer that he keep his choice a secret. The fact that there is a King should be enough to prove his innocence. You are already power hungry enough regardless. Unless you have some kind of double lynching ability to go along with double voting, I can't see any reason that you should proclaim yourself King.

Beyond that, reads. I have a negative opinion towards Imp now. His argument seems that it was drawn up in the focus of seeing me lynched, as opposed to proving me as scum. He places a lot of emphasis on my slipperiness, as opposed to what and why's as to how I claim, and his apparent irk for my self-deprecating remarks that I consider myself a textbook example of a Genre Savvy Village idiot. That's really all I have the patience for when it regards his text wall. Once tomorrow comes, I really recommend you dissect it.

Now, everyone else. NQT has mostly flown off the scum radar, due to his very... Absent playing. A scum player would likely have more clue as to what is going, giving the Private Chat. Cheeetar has mostly proved his innocence, and Shakerag's weak argument(which he retracted rather swiftly) would be worth investigating. I believe Toaster's claim, and Tiruin and Nerjin have been marked as Town. Really, at this point I feel that we are standing a good chance of winning this game, barring any extreme circumstances, so I am content with dying, moreso than Day 1, where I still felt that I could contribute.

If I had to make an educated guess, my Scumteam Family Picture would look something like this:

Iqovian, Imp, Shakerag.

NQT could be interchanged as well, but that is where I would be pursuing.

For the case of talking though, I do have one more role, and it is rather insignificant. It is Rebroadcast, which let's get the other set of information that I didn't get the previous night. So since I learned about what successfully effected the night prior, I would now learn who successfully visited me.

The only thing I could do with it, is figure out who my guardian angel was, so I'm honestly not to concerned that I won't get the chance to use it. My usefulness is limited, until my innocence is proven by death. If it is necessary that I die as a martyr for the town, then so be it. I will be your Kung-Fu Jesus Nerjin.

Kent Brockman, signing off. (again!)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 17, 2013, 10:41:35 pm »

Cheeetar:

Aha!  But Oct 30th is the day that the game started.  I don't need the exact time anymore, you're essentially saying that you picked the very beginning of D1 to pick who to investigate.

Why did you pick the very beginning of D1, when the least amount of information was available, instead of later or late on D1, when you 'might' have had some suspicions because of people's posts/reactions to yourself and other players?

To eliminate a person from the crosshairs, I suppose. If I know for sure that somebody is town, then I can trust everything they say and I don't have to worry that they're lying.
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 17, 2013, 10:42:49 pm »

Now... I hesitate not when I say you are complete and utter idiot if you think that Cheeetar's just going to magically make you king. Not because he doesn't have the power, but because claiming who your are targeting for a night action is practically begging for it to be intercepted. I would far prefer that he keep his choice a secret. The fact that there is a King should be enough to prove his innocence. You are already power hungry enough regardless. Unless you have some kind of double lynching ability to go along with double voting, I can't see any reason that you should proclaim yourself King.

Oh your words, they sting! Oh wait... No they don't. Not until you point out where I say "Hey Cheetar! Make me king because I want that sort of responsibility!" I said Someone, not me. You can keep your guilt tripping to yourself.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 17, 2013, 10:43:57 pm »

Ooh Nerjin... I am not Magic Kung-Fu Jesus.

At this point though, I'm not willing to argue the point. Your usefulness is absolutely limited until you break out of this tunneling cycle, and the title of Kung-Fu Jesus amuses me. No words from me are going to find much quarter with you. If you are so convinced that I am scum, that you are willing to bend the entire town over backwards to achieve a lynch on me, just do it and be done with it. This form of Tunneling only gets worse as Days go on. Besides, Rerun isn't nearly accurate enough to attempt to lock down the scum team.

Beyond that, reads. I have a negative opinion towards Imp now. His argument seems that it was drawn up in the focus of seeing me lynched, as opposed to proving me as scum. He places a lot of emphasis on my slipperiness, as opposed to what and why's as to how I claim, and his apparent irk for my self-deprecating remarks that I consider myself a textbook example of a Genre Savvy Village idiot. That's really all I have the patience for when it regards his text wall. Once tomorrow comes, I really recommend you dissect it.

Now, everyone else. NQT has mostly flown off the scum radar, due to his very... Absent playing. A scum player would likely have more clue as to what is going, giving the Private Chat. Cheeetar has mostly proved his innocence, and Shakerag's weak argument(which he retracted rather swiftly) would be worth investigating. I believe Toaster's claim, and Tiruin and Nerjin have been marked as Town. Really, at this point I feel that we are standing a good chance of winning this game, barring any extreme circumstances, so I am content with dying, moreso than Day 1, where I still felt that I could contribute.

If I had to make an educated guess, my Scumteam Family Picture would look something like this:

Iqovian, Imp, Shakerag.

NQT could be interchanged as well, but that is where I would be pursuing.

For the case of talking though, I do have one more role, and it is rather insignificant. It is Rebroadcast, which let's get the other set of information that I didn't get the previous night. So since I learned about what successfully effected the night prior, I would now learn who successfully visited me.

The only thing I could do with it, is figure out who my guardian angel was, so I'm honestly not to concerned that I won't get the chance to use it. My usefulness is limited, until my innocence is proven by death. If it is necessary that I die as a martyr for the town, then so be it. I will be your Kung-Fu Jesus Nerjin.

Kent Brockman, signing off. (again!)

Wait Birdy - what about the 'roleswap' you alluded to Web 'alluding' to in this post?

As a side note, Wubba alluded to the idea that I have been swapped, or that my role becomes a bit convoluted with swapping. Take this as you will. It's up to you guys at this point.

If Iqovian flips town, do your dead buddy a favor and lynch Nerjin. Two double Town Voters, plus the ability to steal someone else's vote isn't really a Town strength. Anyways this is Kent Brockman, signing off.

Also, at that time you appear to highly suspect Nerjin.

He doesn't make your most recent list today at all, instead you even throw NQT as a possible inclusion.

Is that because you never really suspected Nerjin in the first place, and are just saying whatever makes it most believable in the moment that you're not Scum?

Being able to follow your thought processes is extremely useful in trying to determine your alignment.  What you -do- show and say about them, (what you show is largely -lack-, in my view, as I explained in my case against you) - you seem highly Scummy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:35 pm »

Silly Imp, Trix are for kids!

You forget, that at that point I believe that my vote was taken, and thus was merely a symbol, as opposed to an actual weapon. As I have already explained to Tiruin, it was cathartic to vote you as you have made numerous, but well-intentioned plots to lynch me. It had no purpose but making feel better, as I PMed that I lost my vote. The fact that you didn't notice that at all is rather disturbing.

As per the first, I have to be successfully targeted. Merely being targeted isn't enough. For me to detect them, I have to be effected by them. Thus, I don't know how redirects work in regard to my role. They don't change me in any shape or form directly, so I don't know if I detect them. Hence, I sent the PM.

Nerjin:

Oh your words, they sting! Oh wait... No they don't. Not until you point out where I say "Hey Cheetar! Make me king because I want that sort of responsibility!" I said Someone, not me. You can keep your guilt tripping to yourself.

*shrugs*

I wasn't calling you stupid, just the idea that you are entitled to kingship because you can lynch him stupid. I also don't quite see the guilt tripping. You strike me as someone who has had to deal with people who are sarcastic often, and now struggles to understand a person who limits his sarcasm because it just doesn't translate over the interwebs. I really do think that I need to die before you can do anything remotely useful. O.o
BIRDS.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 17, 2013, 11:09:47 pm »

*shrugs*

I wasn't calling you stupid, just the idea that you are entitled to kingship because you can lynch him stupid. I also don't quite see the guilt tripping. You strike me as someone who has had to deal with people who are sarcastic often, and now struggles to understand a person who limits his sarcasm because it just doesn't translate over the interwebs. I really do think that I need to die before you can do anything remotely useful. O.o

I'll go back and reread for the point you say I missed.  I'll be eating dinner first, but in case of thread lock at any moment without warning, I'll respond to this first because I have a response now -

Birdy, I too believe that Nerjin -never said- to Cheeetar to make any specific person, Nerjin or other, King.

He warned Cheeetar that he would have Nerjin's vote D3 if there was no king.  I seconded that it was -likely- that I would also choose to vote for Cheeetar (as a liar is the reason I don't give) if there is no King made D3.

But even if we see a king D3, that's not proof that Cheeetar's telling the truth, or that Cheeetar is Town.  However I do think it's an unlikely power for a Scum to have (3rd party maybe...) but anyone making a King D3 would provide 'proof' that appears to support Cheeetar's claim - if he is Scum and anyone on the Scum team has that power, then he's quite safe in making the claim and believing it'll get followed through on.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 17, 2013, 11:34:56 pm »

This is why I shouldn't post when I am late.

I read Nerjin's post as "Make me king" tomorrow, which I now realize was a mistake.

Regardless, I'm not going to argue semantics any longer. It's not accomplishing much in the way of actual gameplay.
BIRDS.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 17, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »

Silly Imp, Trix are for kids!

You forget, that at that point I believe that my vote was taken, and thus was merely a symbol, as opposed to an actual weapon. As I have already explained to Tiruin, it was cathartic to vote you as you have made numerous, but well-intentioned plots to lynch me. It had no purpose but making feel better, as I PMed that I lost my vote. The fact that you didn't notice that at all is rather disturbing.

Since the only time this game you've voted for -me- was today, and you didn't address Tiruin in that post or since making it, I'm assuming you mean one of your earlier votes of Nerjin - correct me if I'm misunderstanding your misunderstanding?

Otherwise - I have NO idea why you say that my failure to notice a conversation that has never happened is disturbing.

However you may be referring to this response, not directed to Tiruin (no quote, no bolded or unbolded use of Tiruin's name), but it does come after she posted "I dunno where [birdy51's] vote went".

My own vote is purely symbolic, seeing as he stole my vote and refuses to allow me to use it. He's been the main instigator of my lynch, so it was a bit cathartic even if it was useless. ^.^

I disagree with you, assuming that you are Town.

Your vote, your case, your reasoning - all of those are greatly meaningful.  At the end of D1 you claimed to have no power to help Town, save through your survival and use of actions.  If you are Town (and even if you are not) that is -false-.

Your words, your observations, you reasoning, and your scumhunting efforts - all of those can, and should, be turned to the service of the Town wincon.  You can and should do this if you are about to die or not, you can do this at all times if you are Town or even if you are a third party with a wincon that doesn't require Town to lose.

Even if your vote will not show up on the Vote Count - who you -would- vote for, and who you do suspect is meaningful - given that you say -why- and that your reasons are rational and honest.  You do understand this on some level, you are speaking towards the future, offering the best you have to give for your Wincon's achievement in the days to come.

That's what I wanted you to do D1, when I asked you:

Birdy:
If you want to say more about this, [quote removed for brevity] or this, [quote removed for brevity] or anything else that you feel might help achieve your wincon, I'm listening.

That you essentially refused then bugged me a lot.

That you are doing so now is better.  You're still my current top Scum pick by a wide margin, but at least you -appear- to be working towards a future achievement of a Wincon.  Doesn't make your suppositions correct or incorrect, but you at least -at last- appear to be trying.  If you'd appeared to be trying all game, instead of at the very end now, you wouldn't be my top Scum pick.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 17, 2013, 11:52:36 pm »

Just... Stop. I realize that you are justifying your lynch, but honestly you don't really need to.

I have made an effort throughout this game to play to the best of my abilities, at the times that I could, and generally under the effects of stress. The fact that you say that I wasn't trying at all is quite frankly a bit insulting, and absolute failing as a player to read in deeper.

Where I have failed as a scumhunter, I have succeeded as a Townie. I created material that the Town can use. Nearly every single player has leveled an argument against me at some point, which means that I can be used as a nexus for conversation, long after I am gone. Why are they saying this? Why do the assume this? Why is that case half-baked? I did what I could to encourage this kind of thought, with very little success.

So, it looks I'll have to wait until I am dead to achieve results.

On another note, TWS, is also a consideration for the Scum Team. I originally thought he was a Townie, due to the fact that he rebuffed someone else for their bandwagoning of me. However, he has since done little of note, and has mostly avoided me. Deathsword also falls under this category... Which complicates things. Because of this, I have begun to doubt myself on you being scum, and I would rather not allow my words to condemn someone after I am gone.

unvote
BIRDS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 18, 2013, 12:58:56 am »

birdy:
Quick question. Why do you keep on saying 'TOWN CAN BENEFIT FROM MY WORDS' pre-death? That's an obvious note if you're town. You don't need to repeat that over and over again. What does that achieve? While I do understand those feelings pre-death (yeah, 'when I was your age...') I precisely wonder why you keep on putting that in as a repeating tone instead of a final rest-note.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 18, 2013, 01:52:07 am »

Nerjin
My vote!

Me explanation: (Oh FINALLY I get to talk)
Why Nerjin? I'll contrast and detail my thought process along his attitude. It. Ain't. Towny. [Ok, vague. Not enough to SAY Town, same as SCUM but I see misuse of his double vote. ALSO, I did notice that I..tied the vote back there..Erh. Generally, I got confused by all the unvote//votes at the point there, to answer yer query Imp. Add in the note that I didn't get how Nerjin's power works (smooth-talking, to me, is a benevolent persuasion thing. It can use someone, but that someone also has power to withdraw..that power that is being persuaded on him to be used. Do you get how I saw it then?]

The prelude. Wherein I catch up to this game via tracing.
I think to myself that the thing on birdy has more to it than first appears to the eye, to I backtracked and cross-traced the lines from his posts and whomever is hitting him on pertinent and conclusive reasons.
First note of suspicion starts here. I figure some notes on TWS/birdy chat count as...answering a query on 'being satisfied with your role'...which is really a strange point of a subject given how satisfaction goes along..a lot of paths. ANYWAY
Secondary scum pick because of..as far as I see, that single thing in that spoiler (or single thing + other things. Doesn't look like much to be a huge pick there).
Nerjin: Pick-up question. What, exactly, in that linked post/spoiler, made you suspicious about birdy? Why?
Next note: Well, a bit of a minor detail, but I note how birdy is being a cheery...bird [first sentence, no?]. The happy kind. It's amusing, in a good way, but may explain his behavior later on. Which continues...
And has no deviation from being happy! Though I did mark this note to DS on how...it seems DS is blowing up a superficial feel of Toaster = Town. We all have our first impressions..and given the context of birdy's note, said impression seems to have agitated people a bit there.
Pertinent note..I didn't see much interaction between Nerjin and birdy there. It's like a HUGE jump. Said case at hand is...well. VERY interesting. Compare and contrast: votecount in that scenario.

...Will continue soon, but found myself lacking time. Excuse me there.

Other Stuff
This game, counting only roleflipped players (not including claims):

TolyK: 3 powers, 1 is 1-shot.
Hapah: 3 powers, 1 is 1-shot.
I have 1 one-shot and 2 other powers. Yeah I see symmetry.

Webadict: Direct time count please? This...is generally a vague time as I presume you'd be having a great week out with family. :)

Shakerag: I..count you as the nearest person to my # of posts. What's up with the activity?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48