Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107530 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #495 on: November 17, 2013, 09:56:33 pm »

It will be an inglorious death if I am to be lynched by the concerted efforts of people who haven't posted in days and people who are only voting me to avoid a tie vote.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 17, 2013, 10:02:31 pm »

Screw it, this is stupid. I am Ned Stark, and I am town. I have two abilities- The King's Hand, a day investigate, which I have used to determine that Tiruin (day 1) and Nerjin (day 2) are town. I also have a one-use night ability, Game of Thrones, which I may use to king somebody on the following day, giving them the only vote of the day. Don't lynch me damnit.

it seems we have time to talk.  I am not ready to unvote/change who I vote for, but Tiruin says we're likely to have the rest of the weekend to talk.  I like that idea, though I don't want to see a prolonged tie at any point.

Tell me -more details- about your use of your power.

When during D1 did you pick to investigate Tiruin, and why Tiruin?

When during D2 did you pick to investigate Nerjin, and why Nerjin?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 17, 2013, 10:03:15 pm »

Unvote

Birdy51

Yeah, turns out Birdy DIDN't vote me. Uh... So Birdy if you wanna use your vote in a way I'll use it on whom you want until Web gets back in here to fix that.

Sorry for not posting more guys, I've been busy today and still gotta get some stuff done.

So Nerjin, your reason for trying to lynch Birdy D2 is that you believed Birdy voted you (again)?  - That's essentially your D1 reason, when you switched off of The_Iqovian and double voted Birdy.

And having realized you were wrong about Birdy's vote (because Web's vote count was wrong? - you didn't realize that you'd never seen Birdy vote for you this D and you never went back to double check because you couldn't remember it happening?) you took action and -now- regret it, so much that you focus only on your feelings (and not the reality of how the vote stands, so you unvote once, offer to 'give Birdy back his vote', just tell you how to use it - and create a tie in doing so.

Actually no, my main reasons for voting Birdy are:

1. Seems convinced that Toaster is town and had no way to prove it. Seemed fishy.
2. Dodged a TON of questions for a really crappy reason.
3. His vote for me was atrocious and extremely scummy.
4. His claim of basically being Kung-Fu Action Jesus were easily deconstructed and it really seems like he was aware that he wasn't and was only saying what it took to avoid being lynched.

All of which, by the way, I've been over before and he's been my main scum-pick throughout the day Imp. Pay attention to the game and read earlier posts of mine. But yes, I didn't notice I was creating a tie but...

Quote from: Same Quote
And then you do realize, and you fix it by unvoting, by doing the closest you can do to washing your hands of the entire situation without asking for a replacement.  Talk about -no responsibility for how you use your vote-.  But I know you 'just give up'.  That's not a Scum tell from you, I don't know if you do it as Scum or not, but I know you have given up as Town before, and I think that's a you trait.  A really scary one.

No responsibility? Piss off. How am I just giving up? I will claim FULL responsibility. Birdy is SCUM! But I will NOT create, knowingly, a tie! At this point it looks like I'm going to have to wait, again, to lynch someone who's actually scummy. Actually... Wait a minute...

Screw it, this is stupid. I am Ned Stark, and I am town. I have two abilities- The King's Hand, a day investigate, which I have used to determine that Tiruin (day 1) and Nerjin (day 2) are town. I also have a one-use night ability, Game of Thrones, which I may use to king somebody on the following day, giving them the only vote of the day. Don't lynch me damnit.

Okay, make someone king tomorrow then to PROVE you're town. Otherwise I will personally fit the noose for your neck. For now I think I can do this now after re-reading my role ability.

Birdy51

Smooth talking Iquovian [because I DO have to take the vote from someone voting me]

Birdy51
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 17, 2013, 10:06:06 pm »

Wait, no, fuck... Unvote both

If someone goes Birdy I'll switch my vote, for now though...

Cheetar Cheetar

I don't know how much time we ACTUALLY have left so I'm just assuming we have 1 minute at all times.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 17, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »

Okay, make someone king tomorrow then to PROVE you're town. Otherwise I will personally fit the noose for your neck. For now I think I can do this now after re-reading my role ability.

Birdy51

Smooth talking Iquovian [because I DO have to take the vote from someone voting me]

Birdy51

Back to my top Scum pick.  Birdy

I also expect to be voting for Cheeetar D3 should there be no king made.  I also think it's odd that Cheeetar claims to have only 2 abilities - I have -not- looked in depth into all of the past Web BYOR games but the ones I have looked at I remember almost all... maybe actually all players as having 3 powers.  Going to research that right now, but posting immediately with vote because if Tiruin's wrong about weekends never having an end-day chance (and Web did not say 'extended until no longer weekend'), I feel time pressure.  posting again after research.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 17, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »

it seems we have time to talk.  I am not ready to unvote/change who I vote for, but Tiruin says we're likely to have the rest of the weekend to talk.  I like that idea, though I don't want to see a prolonged tie at any point.

Tell me -more details- about your use of your power.

When during D1 did you pick to investigate Tiruin, and why Tiruin?

When during D2 did you pick to investigate Nerjin, and why Nerjin?

I was asked during Day 1 who I'd like to have as town- One of the people I would've quite liked to have been town was Tiruin, and thus I investigated Tiruin. Iqovian was somebody I felt I could get a read of, and wouldn't need to use my ability on to see the alignment of. I asked Webadict to queue my investigate of Nerjin for the end of day 1 night (and thus the start of day 2) so he would send me the results when he sent everybody else the results of their night actions, if I didn't die during the night. I was having doubts about Nerjin and he's been one of the more active players, and it would be very useful to me to know if I should continue being suspicious of him or not.

I really do hope the day continues until we've had more time.

Unvote Nerjin, vote Birdy51.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:09 pm »

Okay, make someone king tomorrow then to PROVE you're town.

Done.
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »

Birdy

also...

Birdy

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:47 pm »

I was asked during Day 1 who I'd like to have as town- One of the people I would've quite liked to have been town was Tiruin, and thus I investigated Tiruin. Iqovian was somebody I felt I could get a read of, and wouldn't need to use my ability on to see the alignment of. I asked Webadict to queue my investigate of Nerjin for the end of day 1 night (and thus the start of day 2) so he would send me the results when he sent everybody else the results of their night actions, if I didn't die during the night. I was having doubts about Nerjin and he's been one of the more active players, and it would be very useful to me to know if I should continue being suspicious of him or not.

I really do hope the day continues until we've had more time.

Unvote Nerjin, vote Birdy51.

When during D1 did you pick Tiruin to investigate?  I know you cannot quote the PM, but are you willing/able to state the time of your PM to Web to ask your question?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 17, 2013, 10:12:16 pm »

Back to my top Scum pick.  Birdy

I also expect to be voting for Cheeetar D3 should there be no king made.  I also think it's odd that Cheeetar claims to have only 2 abilities - I have -not- looked in depth into all of the past Web BYOR games but the ones I have looked at I remember almost all... maybe actually all players as having 3 powers.

I only have 2 powers as well. Although I would think that "Smooth Talk" is powerful enough to count as two since I basically have "Double Vote" and "Erase A Vote". So maybe here Web makes SUPER powerful abilities count as two?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 17, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »

When during D1 did you pick Tiruin to investigate?  I know you cannot quote the PM, but are you willing/able to state the time of your PM to Web to ask your question?

Around 11pm for me. I'm not sure what time exactly it is for you- I'm on GST +10.
I've played some mafia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 17, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »

This game, counting only roleflipped players (not including claims):

TolyK: 3 powers, 1 is 1-shot.
Hapah: 3 powers, 1 is 1-shot.

BYOR 11:

1 player:  1 power, with several random picked-from effects, final one (has to be used 4 times previously) wins the game.

Alright, stopping research at that point.

It's clearly a reasonable claim.

Cheeetar:  What calendar day?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 17, 2013, 10:20:46 pm »

30th November, 23:04:35
I've played some mafia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 17, 2013, 10:22:56 pm »

30th November, 23:04:35

30th NovemberOctober, 23:04:35?  The time is the forum time, yes?  Which matches the time of the thread?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 17, 2013, 10:27:08 pm »

Bleh, yeah, October. The time is the forum time adjusted for GST +10, which is a setting you can change somewhere in your profile!
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48