Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107422 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2013, 07:55:40 am »

I'd be grateful for an extend so some of the people who've been busy with other stuff get the chance to post more.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2013, 10:10:11 am »

School's back in, so I'll request the Extend as well.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2013, 10:19:11 am »

Cheetar
What percentage of the playerbase in those games was scum (25%?) and of those top posters which consistently post a lot in mafia games and which only post a lot when they're not scum?
Scum usually account for 22-23% of the players. Even players that usually post a lot posted less than the top non-scum player when they played scum. It's because scum is usually played reactively whilst good town-play is proactive. If you're sceptical, don't take my word for it: open up the lurker tracker and put in the links to the game-starting posts then sort by number of posts.

Specifically, Cheetar, it appeared that you were implictly claiming a third-party role. So, straight face now: are you a third-party?
No, but nice fishing. Are you scum?
Since when is it an issue to 'fish' for alignments? I wasn't asking for anything relating to abilities. And no, I'm not scum.

Wuba any chance of a vote count?

Iqovian
It looks to me like he's trying to get rid of me - a laudable cause to be sure - but I think his motives this time are more along the lines of 'killing all the townies', than de-scumming the docks.
Do you think that Nerjin has the weakest vote in the game then?

Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah, Birdy, TolyK—
The lynch vote is the weapon of town, without it we can't win. It's getting pretty close to the end of the day: are you going to use your vote?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2013, 10:22:53 am »

I LIVE!

Rereading now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
birdy51 - Deathsword, TheWetSheep,
Cheeetar -
Deathsword -
Hapah -
Imp -
Nerjin - Cheeetar, The_Iqovian,
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
The_Iqovian - notquitethere, Nerjin,
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Shakerag, Imp,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin, Toaster, TolyK, birdy51, Hapah,

7 To Hammer. Day ends Monday 8 PM Central.

4 of 7 to Extend.

If I missed your vote, let me know. My eyes ain't what they used to be.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2013, 01:35:41 pm »

In that case I think I'll go with my second pick. Unvote

Birdy51
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »

Need more extensions, please!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2013, 02:04:17 pm »

Alright, I'm willing to play along here. Extend you people not voting better get in gear.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »

Extend.

Cheeetar@179:  Why are you chainsawing Nerjin so hard?  It looks like his vote on The Iqovian is a pressure/reaction vote to me.  Also, nice lowball there @205.  You know you can just give advice to your scumbuddy in scumchat, right?

Imp:  Yeah ... can you give me a tl;dr about your case on TolyK?  There's a lot of fluff there.  [PPE: I see Toaster made the same observation.]

TolyK:
TolyK:
TolyK— you've played a lot of role heavy games right? Are there any really common things we should be looking out for?
Well, considering it's a WUBA game, there's likely "another" SK, since he modkilled one instantly, or a cult.
Common things? Don't say everything you know instantly, and always always always check facts with your facts.
And there's always gonna be this crazy jig that ruins a lot of stuff in BYOR's. See: BYO Cards, where my Auto ability gave me a day to myself.
Worried about another SK?  Worried about a cult?  Worried about something ruining your plans?  Hi scum. 
I'm not quite sure (pun not intended... >.>) how you came to that conclusion. I was asked a question for "really common things" to look out for, so I answered to my knowledge. Even if I were scum, I don't think I would have any overarching plans on D1, and I'd be more worried about a cop or something ruining my plans.
But the main thing is, does my answering that way mean that I'm worried about something?
I find it interesting that you chose to make note about there likely being another SK or cult first in your reply.  Makes me think that those things are in the front of your mind.  Which is something that scum would be worried about.  And just because you may or may not have a plan on D1, doesn't mean that you wouldn't be worried about roles that could throw a wrench in your plans later. 
TolyK:
TolyK has been putting on a show for us!
To hide that he's doing absolutely nothing but wasting his time and ours.
Possibly, but I hope not.
Possibly?  You *hope* not?  Waffle around a bit more, scumbag. 

NQT:
Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah, Birdy, TolyK—
The lynch vote is the weapon of town, without it we can't win. It's getting pretty close to the end of the day: are you going to use your vote?
Need some pom-poms to go with that cheerleading?  You've had a vote parked on The_Iqovian for a while now.  Are you doing anything about that or just keeping up appearances?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2013, 04:28:45 pm »

I have only one pertinent post and it is Reply #116. Needles to say, I'm mostly clear of those moods for now..

However, the shoddy net = a post later on, hopefully. extend

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

Birdy51

The bolded words. What do they refer to? In addition, why the late extension vote nearly three hours later?

I learned this morning that I will be attending a funeral here pretty soon. Family died on Sunday and I did not hear about it until early this morning. To those paying attention to this post, count it is as a double reason for not voting. I don't think I can be fully involved in this game right now, and voting anyone right now would be a bit irresponsible.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2013, 05:28:06 pm »

Extend. Still working on my post in drips and drabs.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »

The soonest I can post will be late tonight, ~12 hours at most.  Thanks for the patience.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »

Birdy51

The bolded words. What do they refer to? In addition, why the late extension vote nearly three hours later?

I learned this morning that I will be attending a funeral here pretty soon. Family died on Sunday and I did not hear about it until early this morning. To those paying attention to this post, count it is as a double reason for not voting. I don't think I can be fully involved in this game right now, and voting anyone right now would be a bit irresponsible.

They refer to the three way tie in votes. A lynch day 1 is better than no lynch. I'm just about as suspicious as you as I am Iquovian so I'm willing to wait until tomorrow [in game] to continue to build a case.

I hope everything goes well with the funeral. As well as it can at any rate, and hope you feel up to playing again soon. We'll miss ya kiddo.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »

Extend.

Cheeetar@179:  Why are you chainsawing Nerjin so hard?  It looks like his vote on The Iqovian is a pressure/reaction vote to me.  Also, nice lowball there @205.  You know you can just give advice to your scumbuddy in scumchat, right?

By chainsawing I assume you mean pressuring, or? I honestly don't know what you mean by it. Anyway, he posted suspiciously and hasn't explained himself fully, and his only response to the suspicions against him has been changing his vote in the hopes that it'll stop people voting for him or something?

Nerjin, please at least attempt to answer the questions I asked you. You're here, you're posting in the thread, don't just ignore the questions and hope they go away.

Everybody else, I hope you realise how scummy it is that Nerjin is just completely ignoring my questions.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48