Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39899 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Tomb raidin'
« Reply #405 on: August 26, 2013, 08:29:41 am »

Eleanor sighed ”I want to go back too but I don't see it happening any time soon... We still need to find the artefact before we can go back and even though we know where it is now we are no closer to getting it. If you want to get back sooner though, it would probably be best if we went back to the chapel, the catacombs are underneath there after all and that probably is where the artefact is”

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

Glancing at Eleanor, Lilia considered the best way to respond... which turns out wasn't terribly complicated after all.
"Nah.  Let them do it." she said simply, turning back to her through examination.  Lilia wasn't tested on cooperativeness before being pushed into the team after all.
Besides, Harvey excluded, that hole inside a hole sounds like a place she'd rather not go.  Not only that, there's dead people in said hole.  No thanks.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2013, 06:47:38 pm »

She had figured it wouldn't be that easy, it never was. She had to get her back there though, even if she wasn't worried about Lilia safety they needed her to go into those catacombs.

”Look I know you're mad at Harvey at the moment, but I heard what that man said about the catacombs there is dangerous stuff in there. They will need us, both of us to go in there. If they fail getting the artefact and end up wounded or killed, we won't fair any better on our own and that could mean us getting stuck out here for a long time”

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »

"Harvey will screw up more if he's busy trying to bruise my face.  Perhaps he needs you, but throwing me in is always a bad deal." Lilia smirks as she continues to stubbornly disregard Eleanor's ineffective coaxing.

"He's really close friends with his knives, so he should be safer down there than I'd be nearby."
It seemed as if Lilia would prove incredibly bothersome, but the tone of her voice betrayed the fact she was quickly beginning to joke around with Eleanor (in a Lilia way of course).

After all, once this pond was scouted, there wasn't much else to check except for the crypt.  Nobody said she had to follow along all the way though.  They'd probably leave her be if she hung around nearby, perhaps ineffectually babysitting the lost young girl.

Everyone was going to die anyway, so the threat of dying here in particular didn't bother Lilia much.  She was unable to hide how edgy her movements became at the thought of being crowded with everyone else unfortunately.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2013, 07:57:14 pm »

Eleanor looked at Lilia in exasperation, she really had no intention of changing her mind did she? For a moment Eleanor paused, wondering whether she should go back and help the others exploring the catacombs. But then she remembered the black lines and what they had done to that man, she couldn't let that happen to Lilia.

”Ok then... I see I'm not going to convince you. I hope you don't mind if I stay with you for now though, I have no desire to see you get ambushed while alone or anything”

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2013, 10:01:18 pm »

"I do mind, but when you're quiet it's okay.  Pushy people are even worse than normal ones." Lilia responds in turn, clearly disconnecting from the conversation already.  It was a bad habit of hers, automatically separating herself.  After all, when you're convinced for long enough that all people will reject you, you tend to expects it and stop making exceptions.

Death here, death there, death everywhere.  Surprises me that the girl doesn't expect to perish in this dank cave.  At least losing out here will be conveniently away from other nosy humans... mostly her thoughts remarked bitterly, sending her body hollow reverberations.

((I smell a distinct lack of combat in this game. :P ))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »

Harveys shudders for a moment then moves to the first coffin and beings peaking inside each one carefully in case something less then dead is hiding inside working his way down towards the hole.

" Watch out no telling what we might find down here. "

Search each coffin carefully for monsters, zombies or shiny things of the weapon variety. Peek in the hole at the end after I complete the searching and shine the torch down it.
[ohgodisitweapons?=4] You open every coffin. They mostly contain bones with various decayed clothes, or just dust. You open up a rather heavy stone coffin near the middle of the row, and it just so happens to contain a honest to god flanged mace. It slightly rusty, but it'll bash heads in no problem.

You shine your torch in the hole, It's definately a long tunnel, you can't see very far. Something moves near the edge of the tunnel. It looks like a woman. You shine your torch on her and she immediatly open her mouth in the same way the old man does, and lets out a horrifying shriek. You hear several answering shrieks further down the tunnel. The woman is coming towards you, arms raised.

Terry stands watch while Harvey checks dead people.
You stand by as Harvey desecrates burial places and even loots a mace from one of the coffins. same old, same old. also shrieking, that's somewhat new.

Poke head down the hatch, inform grave-robbers from outer space:

"Guys, I've checked it and I am 100% positive that those evil things with the black lines live down in the catacombs - it's their main place of residence. And the big rectangular place, it's where another great concentration of them is entombed, though not as big - and the catacombs go on and on, possibly forever, always deeper into what must be, like, hell or something. This is why you shouldn't go down there unless we're all going with you, seriously. Not unless you like getting turned into some kind of zombie thing."

With that related to the people down there, Joy returns to her previous task of looking at the girl.

"What's your name, little girl? I'm Joy."

Inform and ask, yes.
You inform the grave diggers, then ask the girl.

"I'm Lea, I li-" She's abrubtly cut off by shrieking down the hatch. This visibly frightens the girl, and she seems nailed to the ground with fear.

People.  She had never been able to understand them and had never felt a part of them.  Lilia was unable to even begin to comprehend to garner such animosity, but she did know that currently the feeling was mutual.  Strangely, this did not bother her as much as one would expect.  Over time Lilia had begun to expect the worst from everyone and to slowly tune out any of their finer qualities.  So when she thought about that man and his nonsensical molemen, she could already feeling the emotional reaction diluting.

People like him could do whatever they pleased but in the end she'd simply lock herself away from all of them and they'd disappear, fading like skittering shadows below her disdainful gaze.  Gazing at the dark pond that obviously hadn't seen light in many years, she was already balancing, slowly returning to her neutral gloom.

Checking behind her, she saw that the smaller girl had come along.  Perfect.  Unlike most of the others, Lilia actually didn't mind her.  She was quiet and unassuming and was rather polite after disentangling from each other back then.

"...Think we'll be able to get out of here soon?  This town is full of nutjobs and it's a dump too." she says offhandedly as she pokes around the perimeter of the pond, making sure not to step in it or touch it.  Something about that water carried a disturbing dead feeling to it.
You step around the pond, talking with Eleanor. You notice two things. One, there seems to be something that faintly shines on the bottom of the pond, though how you saw that through the murky waters, you don't know. And two, high pitched shrieks are coming from the church.

((I smell a distinct lack of combat in this game. :P ))
((Am I pacing it too slowly? I'm kinda new at this, so I don't really know wether you want more exploration or rather straight up fighting. feedback is always welcome, both here, through PM or through email. ))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2013, 02:10:07 pm »

Harvey sighs.

" I hope that ain't her mom. "

Then stands to the side of the hole with the mace and hatchet.

If she tries to climb through swing the hatchet at the creature thing on her mouth to try and force it out of her, if this fails to force it out or to hit it then inbed the mace in her head.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:11:46 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2013, 02:12:35 pm »

"Well well, LOOK WHAT WE FOUND HERE!"

Terry transforms his fist into a solid mace-thing and grows some scales
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »

((Well, the only thing I can really complain about is that we seem to have started out fighting against body snatchers. Really don't like those at all. It's like starting out in X-Com and immediately fighting Chrysalids. They make me highly uneasy.

Other than that, I'm liking this.))

"Oh dear. Oh dear. Come with me, little girl. It's not safe here."

Grab the little girl and head over to the church post-haste, climbing out of the hole with her, if possible. Deposit her there.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »

((Well, the only thing I can really complain about is that we seem to have started out fighting against body snatchers. Really don't like those at all. It's like starting out in X-Com and immediately fighting Chrysalids. They make me highly uneasy.

Grab the little girl and head over to the church post-haste, climbing out of the hole with her, if possible. Deposit her there.
((The church underground, or the one above?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 27, 2013, 02:53:41 pm »

(( Well he did say climbing out of the hole, so the one above. ))

" Hey Terry? Once we deal with her we need to go find masks and some gloves. We don't want visible skin if we're going in there. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2013, 04:40:40 pm »

((It does seem a little slow... I mean the first and last combatant we've faced was about (give or take) 30 pages ago and it was one old man with parasites in his jaw.  Considering you've mentioned all these demons and creepies, I expected a lot more action.  It's not a huge issue, and I may regret it, but yea, I would like to have something happen.  I'm getting to points where I feel I have to drag stuff out.))

Inhuman screeching was never a motivator for Lilia to go do anything, and she takes a visible step back away from the church.  Considering her chances, she still preferred staying at the pond.  It was peaceful, if rather melancholy, but she liked that about it.  Curiosity piqued by the object in the waters, Lilia tries to focus on it then levitate it out.

"There's something in here!" she remarks, oddly cheerful considering the brutal noises coming from the house of worship.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #418 on: August 28, 2013, 07:03:15 am »

Eleanor froze as she heard the screaming, she looked at Lilia who seemed to show no concern about what was happening back at that church. Once again she was torn between staying with Lilia or running back to help the others, finally she decided and began to run back ignoring what Lilia had said. It would involve leaving her alone but she couldn't just sit by while the rest of her group were attacked.

Run back towards the chapel

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 28, 2013, 10:39:33 am »

Harvey sighs.

" I hope that ain't her mom. "

Then stands to the side of the hole with the mace and hatchet.

If she tries to climb through swing the hatchet at the creature thing on her mouth to try and force it out of her, if this fails to force it out or to hit it then inbed the mace in her head.
You ready yourself for the coming battle. Something emerges from the passage and you get ready to try and force the parasite out. Just as you're going to strike, she looks at you. What you see is a face that's pulsating, probably with the little worms underneath the skin. Some of the worms are also latched to the skin outside, still burrowing. You realise there is no chance you'll be able to get all of them out. As she opens her maw again you [melee:6] scream like a berserker and hack down with your hatchet onto her knee. She falls to the floor and you swing down your mace hard, splitting her head open like big watermelon. Many of the little worm creatures spill out of the head wound. You look to your left quickly, and see probably a dozen or so of the mindless drones shuffling towards you. [per:4] Behind the normal drones you could swear you saw a much larger creatures, not so much walking as gliding over the floor. Oh dear.

"Well well, LOOK WHAT WE FOUND HERE!"

Terry transforms his fist into a solid mace-thing and grows some scales
[adept= 5+1][adept=6+1] Your skin starts to bubble and molds itself into hardened scales. Your hand seems to melt for a second, then takes the shape of square block with spikes. It's all rather heavy.

You lift up the girl and hurry over to the staircase. Once you get upstairs inside the cavern underneath the fountain, you see the monk looking down the hole. He helps you both up and the girl practically jumps into his arms, shaking. "Is there trouble?"

Inhuman screeching was never a motivator for Lilia to go do anything, and she takes a visible step back away from the church.  Considering her chances, she still preferred staying at the pond.  It was peaceful, if rather melancholy, but she liked that about it.  Curiosity piqued by the object in the waters, Lilia tries to focus on it then levitate it out.

"There's something in here!" she remarks, oddly cheerful considering the brutal noises coming from the house of worship.
You attempt to levitate the thing out of the pond. [adept=3+1] You mentally grab a hold of the item and try to pull it to the surface. It doesn't move for a moment, almost as if something is pulling back on the other side. You manage to get the better of it though, feeling the resistance snap away, and it shoots out of the water. It looks like a large key. Attached to the key is the top half of a bloated corpse, riddled with the black worm things. It makes gurgling noises and begins to crawl alarmingly fast towards you.

Eleanor froze as she heard the screaming, she looked at Lilia who seemed to show no concern about what was happening back at that church. Once again she was torn between staying with Lilia or running back to help the others, finally she decided and began to run back ignoring what Lilia had said. It would involve leaving her alone but she couldn't just sit by while the rest of her group were attacked.

Run back towards the chapel
Leaving Lilia to her little pond, you hurry back towards the chapel, crossing Joy and the little girl on the way. Upon getting down the hatch you're greeted with the sight of Terry, looking like some kind of x-men reject, and Harvey, standing over a corpse with his bloody mace. They're both looking at the opening with an alarmed look on their faces.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39