Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39908 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Tomb raidin'
« Reply #390 on: August 24, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »

Harvey sighs then walks across the room to go downstairs.

" Don't worry little girl I'll find your mum. Once those psychopaths are done being idiots they might even help if they ever grow a spine. "

Head downstairs.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 24, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »

"The only spineless coward here is slinking into a deeper hole.  I can confirm that that creep was following after me when I branched off to examine the mansion.  At least he's not trying to drag me in after him this time.  I cannot stand other people touching me." Lilia says, her ice arctic as her eyes narrowed.  Somehow she felt disappointed, but couldn't exactly pinpoint why.  Perhaps it was because he claimed to have been saving her whenever he obsessively tried to force her to do things she didn't want to do.

"Who wants to go in after him?  I certainly won't.  Anyone up for exploring the pond, I'll be poking around over there."

Lilia struts out of the chapel and heads for the pond whether somebody comes with her or not.  This group thing was so overrated, it made being attacked by freaky parasites more appealing.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2013, 07:12:03 pm »

(( Uhm how do you know I was following you when I was sneaking and you never looked? ))

" Yeah I'm the coward, which one of us confronted the monster here? Right, me. "

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #393 on: August 24, 2013, 07:18:08 pm »

"Good try, but looks like somebody's home.  I do the same thing, so it was too easy to notice." Lilia smirks as she pauses to examine her opponent- the lock.  Just as she was about to activate her magic, she hears voices.  Cocking her head back slightly, she notices that both Harvey and a new girl she hadn't spoken to yet were trailing her.  She could handle the girl... but Harvey?  Not as much.

Giving no sign that she's aware she's being followed, Lilia attempts to use her powers to mentally pick the lock.  If that refuses to work, she'll try going around back.  Levitation was always an option, but here it looked like an awfully spiky one, and she did't want to test that out in front of the occupied house, oh no.

((You guys weren't exactly sneaking at that point, so I figured it was reasonable to bust you.
Please stop nitpicking at my actions.  Please?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 24, 2013, 07:19:41 pm »

..... it specifically says in my action that I'm sneaking. As in being quiet and that the only time I'd reveal myself is if you got into trouble. Which you didn't. So I wouldn't have. I don't want to nitpick but you would not have known I was following you.
Ending up at the same place? Yes, followed you to it? No. ))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:21:13 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 24, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »

((You were talking openly to someone at that point in a quiet area.  And this is a registered action, so if you really wanted to dispute it, it should have been then.
Can I just play the game now?  Not everything is going to continue along perfectly. ._.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 24, 2013, 08:18:44 pm »

"Well I better go help Harvey so he doesn't commit suicide or something, can you girls help the little one?"

Follow Harvey
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2013, 06:08:27 am »

..... it specifically says in my action that I'm sneaking. As in being quiet and that the only time I'd reveal myself is if you got into trouble. Which you didn't. So I wouldn't have. I don't want to nitpick but you would not have known I was following you.

((I kind of interrupted you in the middle of that and started telling you things. Not very conducive to sneaking.))

"Ah... I needed that," Joy says, taking several deep breaths.

Utilize tranquil state of mind to search for location of any of the black, evil things, or the Wyrms of Pestilence or whatever they're called.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2013, 07:08:21 am »

Eleanor ignored the argument going on keeping her attention on the little girl "Don't worry we will get your mommys back soon enough and we will get you back home" she turned her attention to Joy "Joy could you please look after her for a bit, I'm going to go to Lilia and try and convince her to come back. It's a bad idea for any of us to be alone right now"

Quickly hurry after Lilia
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2013, 07:16:20 am »

Eleanor ignored the argument going on keeping her attention on the little girl "Don't worry we will get your mommys back soon enough and we will get you back home" she turned her attention to Joy "Joy could you please look after her for a bit, I'm going to go to Lilia and try and convince her to come back. It's a bad idea for any of us to be alone right now"

"Feel free."

Addendum: once the divination is done, keep an eye on the girl, make sure she doesn't run off.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »

"The only spineless coward here is slinking into a deeper hole.  I can confirm that that creep was following after me when I branched off to examine the mansion.  At least he's not trying to drag me in after him this time.  I cannot stand other people touching me." Lilia says, her ice arctic as her eyes narrowed.  Somehow she felt disappointed, but couldn't exactly pinpoint why.  Perhaps it was because he claimed to have been saving her whenever he obsessively tried to force her to do things she didn't want to do.

"Who wants to go in after him?  I certainly won't.  Anyone up for exploring the pond, I'll be poking around over there."

Lilia struts out of the chapel and heads for the pond whether somebody comes with her or not.  This group thing was so overrated, it made being attacked by freaky parasites more appealing.
Harvey sighs then walks across the room to go downstairs.

" Don't worry little girl I'll find your mum. Once those psychopaths are done being idiots they might even help if they ever grow a spine. "

Head downstairs.
Just as lilia is struttin' out of the church, she passes Harvey who is on his way to the hatch. [harvey hidden action] Just as they cross Harvey feigns hitting Lilia in the face with his elbow, which makes Lilia recoil back in suprise. They both angrily go on towards their respective destinations.

"Well I better go help Harvey so he doesn't commit suicide or something, can you girls help the little one?"

Follow Harvey
You follow Harvey down the hatch. You both click on your flashlights, revealing a rectangular room. The walls are lined with ancient coffins in various states of decay. Theres a rather large hole in the wall at the end of the catacomb, but it's too dark to see what's on the other side.

((I kind of interrupted you in the middle of that and started telling you things. Not very conducive to sneaking.))

"Ah... I needed that," Joy says, taking several deep breaths.

Utilize tranquil state of mind to search for location of any of the black, evil things, or the Wyrms of Pestilence or whatever they're called.
You reach out your senses once more, [adept=4+1] Your senses spread out into the hatch, and you definately sense some small evil signatures beyond the catacomb and a big one just outside the church, where the rectangle building is. As you keep going further into the underground, the feeling of evil keeps getting bigger and bigger. After a whie, the presence seems to push back against your inquisitive senses, and you can continue no further.

You regain your senses inside the chruch, and settle on watching the young girl. she doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment.

Quickly hurry after Lilia
YOu hurry after Lilia, and catch up to her just as she's nearing the pond. It's waters are murky, and its surface eerily quiet.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »

Harveys shudders for a moment then moves to the first coffin and beings peaking inside each one carefully in case something less then dead is hiding inside working his way down towards the hole.

" Watch out no telling what we might find down here. "

Search each coffin carefully for monsters, zombies or shiny things of the weapon variety. Peek in the hole at the end after I complete the searching and shine the torch down it.
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

People.  She had never been able to understand them and had never felt a part of them.  Lilia was unable to even begin to comprehend to garner such animosity, but she did know that currently the feeling was mutual.  Strangely, this did not bother her as much as one would expect.  Over time Lilia had begun to expect the worst from everyone and to slowly tune out any of their finer qualities.  So when she thought about that man and his nonsensical molemen, she could already feeling the emotional reaction diluting.

People like him could do whatever they pleased but in the end she'd simply lock herself away from all of them and they'd disappear, fading like skittering shadows below her disdainful gaze.  Gazing at the dark pond that obviously hadn't seen light in many years, she was already balancing, slowly returning to her neutral gloom.

Checking behind her, she saw that the smaller girl had come along.  Perfect.  Unlike most of the others, Lilia actually didn't mind her.  She was quiet and unassuming and was rather polite after disentangling from each other back then.

"...Think we'll be able to get out of here soon?  This town is full of nutjobs and it's a dump too." she says offhandedly as she pokes around the perimeter of the pond, making sure not to step in it or touch it.  Something about that water carried a disturbing dead feeling to it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:16 pm »

Terry stands watch while Harvey checks dead people.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2013, 05:35:05 pm »

Poke head down the hatch, inform grave-robbers from outer space:

"Guys, I've checked it and I am 100% positive that those evil things with the black lines live down in the catacombs - it's their main place of residence. And the big rectangular place, it's where another great concentration of them is entombed, though not as big - and the catacombs go on and on, possibly forever, always deeper into what must be, like, hell or something. This is why you shouldn't go down there unless we're all going with you, seriously. Not unless you like getting turned into some kind of zombie thing."

With that related to the people down there, Joy returns to her previous task of looking at the girl.

"What's your name, little girl? I'm Joy."

Inform and ask, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39