Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39997 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2013, 06:10:02 pm »

(( Lol what are you blaming me for, I stopped you running into an enemy and thats all. Not my fault you fell flat on your ass trying to get out then floated into somebody else's face. ))

((theres also the fact that you've been locked on to her in just about the rapeyest way possible.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2013, 06:13:58 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay out of the "hole of falling in and being injured and claustrophobic" for the time being. Hey where did Ms. Visionquest go?
Go check on our seer.
You go inside the church and look for your seer. It seems she's still talking to the monk. No matter how hard try to hear, you cannot understand what they are saying. You wave in her direction

"Oh. Well, that's cool, I guess. On all counts. Guess I'll wait to see if anyone comes looking for me. What's underground, by the way?"

Ask quietly. Once answer is obtained, sit down on pew and mind own business.
"Below our feet lies the village of achbaar. An ancient place that fell long before your time." He looks thoughtful for a moment "I probably forgot to mention, but the one way I may influence people when free will is not in direct danger is by giving them 7 words of wisdom. So here are yours. 'not what, who. Evil lies asleep below'" He points towards the door. "It seems your friends are worried about you, perhaps you should go join them? And here, as thanks for our enjoyable conversation. Perhaps the watchmans coin is still worth something, somewhere." He slips you an ancient metal coin, and ushers you outside."

Harvey smirks to himself looking at the pile of limbs before moving.

Drop down into the hole and help Lilia stand up, don't worry about Eleanor.
Almost out... this was working better than expected!  Of course Lilia had to smash into someone's face, and of course her concentration just had to be broken right as she was about to get out. 

"Ow..." she moans, rubbing the sore spot.  Levitation seemed quite useless when faced against solid objects in the way.

Lilia gets out of the tangle as quickly as possible and attempts to use her floaty powers~! levitation to whip her book at Harvey's face as he descends.  With all the practice she's gotten with it, it should work.  Once that's done, she backs away from the other bodies.  Especially Harvey.
Lilie adept=4+1/Harvey agility=4 Harvey starts climbing down when he suddenly sees a rather thick tome flying towards him. He manages to turn away but the tome smacks right in his leg, putting him off balance. He, as many before him, falls into the pit. 

"I am so sorry" Eleanor said as she tried to disentangle herself from the other girl "I-I didn't mean to head-butt you ,I was just making sure you were ok, I'm so sorry, are you hurt? I could try and heal you if you want" she said all of this very quickly barely taking a breath during all of it.
You disentangle yourself from the mess and you both stand back seconds before Harvey falls into the pit. It's getting mighty crowded in here. [Per=5] You look to your left and shine you pda light onto the cobblestone wall. You notice hundreds of tiny holes all between and through the stones.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2013, 06:23:57 pm »

Harvey shrugs absently before getting to his feet to look around.

" Sorry for trying to help you, I thought you might prefer not fighting given how new you are to all of this, next time I'll just stay out of the way while you put all those secret fighting moves you have to good use.

Oh and btw I came down here to help you because something came out of the guy once I dealt with him and it came down here, but don't worry if it gets you I won't try to help you again.

Harvey then began pacing around the chamber.

Search for any doors hidden or otherwise to see where the monster things went, be careful.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2013, 06:30:32 pm »

"Some way to help... digging a giant hole and then pulling me into it!" Lilia snarls, unable to help but feel a small burst of pleasure at being able to lash out.  She brushes herself off and then edges away from everyone.  Considering trying to levitate herself out of the hole again, she decides against it as someone will probably jump into the hole as she's trying to leave it.

"The lamp.  Could you give that to me?" she stumbles on the words as she turns to Eleanor, clearly uncomfortable with the concept of sharing.  Still, Lilia didn't bring a lamp and it was most likely dangerous down here.  Flying objects seems to be her specialty, so already Lilia was devising a plan to use the light as a sort of scout.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2013, 06:38:56 pm »

Sighing Harvey kept looking.

" You got into the hole yourself, I just stopped you climbing back out right into that things path. Besides something is clearly down here and whatever it is it's probably important. Now watch where you step, Shaky didn't act like that before so I'd guess whatever that was on his face was controlling him and I'd rather not have to hurt either of you. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2013, 08:41:17 pm »

Grab seer.
Pull out of the temple of constant talking.
Ask people in the hole if they found anything yet/tell them to get a move on.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2013, 02:54:40 am »

"Hey! I'm going already, sheesh."

Follow Terry, since I am presumably out of the temple now.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2013, 06:25:11 am »

NO! I MUST CARRY YOU. IT IS IMPORTANT.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2013, 06:58:31 am »

Eleanor looked curiously at the holes she had found wondering what purpose they could serve, maybe this was where the lines had gone to. She was about to say something when Lilia spoke up, a smile came onto her face as she turned around facing the shy girl.

"Of course" she said as she handed the lamp to Lilia "I've found something quite strange though there are lots of little holes in the wall, I think they are man made rather than being natural"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2013, 07:30:17 am »

Harvey shrugs absently before getting to his feet to look around.

" Sorry for trying to help you, I thought you might prefer not fighting given how new you are to all of this, next time I'll just stay out of the way while you put all those secret fighting moves you have to good use.

Oh and btw I came down here to help you because something came out of the guy once I dealt with him and it came down here, but don't worry if it gets you I won't try to help you again.

Harvey then began pacing around the chamber.

Search for any doors hidden or otherwise to see where the monster things went, be careful.
You look around for a while when Eleanor says something about holes, looking at the wall with your flashlight you can clearly see the small holes in the stone wall. [Per=4] You feel a light draft coming from the holes.

"Some way to help... digging a giant hole and then pulling me into it!" Lilia snarls, unable to help but feel a small burst of pleasure at being able to lash out.  She brushes herself off and then edges away from everyone.  Considering trying to levitate herself out of the hole again, she decides against it as someone will probably jump into the hole as she's trying to leave it.

"The lamp.  Could you give that to me?" she stumbles on the words as she turns to Eleanor, clearly uncomfortable with the concept of sharing.  Still, Lilia didn't bring a lamp and it was most likely dangerous down here.  Flying objects seems to be her specialty, so already Lilia was devising a plan to use the light as a sort of scout.
You Begin asking Eleanor for the lamp, but suddenly remember that you have your very own! You take out the standard issue flashlight and press the button. It's not as bright as you'd like, but at least you can see something.

Grab seer.
Pull out of the temple of constant talking.
Ask people in the hole if they found anything yet/tell them to get a move on.

terry agi=3-1
Joy agi= 2-1
Terry tries to pick up Joy, while Joy tries to avoid being picked up. What follows is highly amusing and innefective slapping contest that ends in both of you falling off of the church stairs and landing near the hole. "Hey, mole-guy, you find anything yet?"

Eleanor looked curiously at the holes she had found wondering what purpose they could serve, maybe this was where the lines had gone to. She was about to say something when Lilia spoke up, a smile came onto her face as she turned around facing the shy girl.

"Of course" she said as she handed the lamp to Lilia "I've found something quite strange though there are lots of little holes in the wall, I think they are man made rather than being natural"
You begin handing her the lamp, but she suddenly takes out her own. How rude.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2013, 08:47:48 am »

Stand back ladies it's.... HammerTime!!!

Harvey then does his hammer time dance.

Do amazing hammer time dance to show off my suddenly present dancing skills.
Then take hammer and hatchet to a hole in the wall to smash a hole big enough to get through.
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2013, 10:40:42 am »

((Why no character inventories?  I asked a redundant question!  Boo!  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ))

Exactly, this is exactly why dealing with others was almost never necessary.  Almost everything a person needs they already have themselves!  Lilia presently notices through her slight embarrassment that Harvey was planning another crazy antic, only this time with a hammer.  Lilia backs away even further from Harvey and his dangerous hammer swinging that seems prime to hit someone. 

Then, using levitation, she tries floating the flashlight in different directions to see is there are any pathways that are hidden by the dark.  Harvey may be trying to open his own passageway, but he also didn't look for ones that already exist.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »

"So you just... dug a hole, then. That's an interesting approach."

Try to sense if there is anything aggressive beneath the earth.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2013, 01:16:31 pm »

CONTINUE SLAP FIGHT.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:15 pm »

I didn't see anyone else having any bright ideas and my hole found something anyway. What exactly have you found so fat?
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39