Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39968 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2013, 03:12:53 pm »

Eleanor for a moment stood there trembling, simply staring at the dead body. She had just talked to him hours ago, was he always like that? Or had something changed him. Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw the black lines heading down towards the hole, quickly she turned around and ran back to the hole looking down it to see if she could see where the lines had gone. She shouted down to her companion hoping that she was all right.

"Are you ok down there Lilia?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »

(( Because Satan wants us to fall. Earth going to hell is a good thing for him. He'd protect the monster not us.))

((Oh? Did he tell you all this himself then? Don't trust 2nd hand accounts, just don't. Its bad for you. Like drain cleaner.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »

(( Blame 7 years of Christian boarding school and 15 years of going to church 3 times a week. I have very fixed ideas about Satan, mostly stemming from him being referred to as the ruler of fallen humanity. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2013, 03:44:17 pm »

(( Blame 7 years of Christian boarding school and 15 years of going to church 3 times a week. I have very fixed ideas about Satan, mostly stemming from him being referred to as the ruler of fallen humanity. ))

((Satan's big on deception, don't you know. That's kind of his thing. Father of lies and all that. Tempter of mortals. So, if you ever meet the devil, you're unlikely to know it. The devil's the sort-of man with a vague plan, after all.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »

((Satan's big on deception, don't you know. That's kind of his thing. Father of lies and all that. Tempter of mortals. So, if you ever meet the devil, you're unlikely to know it. The devil's the sort-of man with a vague plan, after all.))

((Ever heard the theory that the Bible was actually written by Satan? I always chuckled at that one. Makes an odd kind of sense given the lore.
I mean, one being is a lying, deceiving, manipulative bastard and the other is (supposedly) a nice guy.
Which one seems more likely to write an Autobiography that has started roughly 2/3 s of the wars in history? :P Food for thought))

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »

(( Boyah, so long old guy. ))

Look down into the hole to see whats going on, very carefully.
You get to the hole as quick as you can and shine your pda light. [Per=4] You can just about make out the lines, they seem to be going into tiny holes at the bottom of the stone wall.

[((Well that IS the general theme that this one had. Not trying to FORCE vampires or anything, just considering how prominently they were mentioned in the mission opening, they seemed likely))

"Guardian angel?" He chuckles "your ancestors of yore called me and my kin archangels. That basically just means we're stronger than guardian angels." He looks slightly sad "My borthers have either departed from this world by now, or their power has waned so much that I cannot find them. But, to answer your question, yes I suppose I am immortal. I am an avatar of hope and it my...responsibility to protect free will"

((Is he Satan? I mean he admits to being an Archangel :P
I really need to stop attempting to spoil the plot huh?))

"Well guess that was pretty much all for nothing."
De-armor.

((oh, quick question, wasn't SOMEONE a healer in this?))
You de-armor, Your skin still slightly itches from the scales.
((I believe Kansa is our adept-healer, yes.))

Joy widened her eyes. Huh. An archangel.

"Erm... an archangel? Well, I gotta ask you one thing, then - do gods exist? Like, real gods. Maybe even a God. That kind of thing. I mean, you don't have to tell me if you really don't want to, I just had to ask."

Ask this as well.
He looks up for a moment, seemingly thinking over his answer. "God, in singular, Not that I know of. If a great being that created all of this exists, he certainly hasn't shown himself to me. I'm not saying he doesn't exist though, stranger things have happened. There used to be this one god, he was the god of trickery and mischief. He also called himself the god of cheese." he chuckles. "But gods, small 'g' and plural, do most certainly exist. They are not unlike myself, beings made up out of the magical energies of this world, given sentience and a purpose. And before you ask, no, I don't know how we are given sentience and purpose, it just...happens. One day, I realized that I was, and that my purpose was to watch over humanity and sometimes give them a nudge in the right direction, without interfering directly." He grins and you can see a gleam in his eyes. "Of course, the loophole in my purpose is that if anything threatens the free will of people, I am allowed to be more...direct." He sighs "That does not happen often enough, very frustrating."

"Any other pressing questions? I believe your friends are about to go move on underground." 
Lilia continues fuming at the bottom of the pitch dark hole (which Harvey dug) even as her magical tests prove successful.  Simply because Harvey rudely pointed out her capabilities didn't mean she overlooked her new ability to fly.  Celebrating her powers will come later.  First of course, she wanted to get out!

Lilia tries to levitate herself out of the hole while muttering darkly to herself all the various ways she'd like Harvey to perish.

Because of her dark environment, Lilia is totally unaware of the existence of the four black lines.
[adept=5] you start levatating out of the hole. You are almost out of it when Eleanor bends down and sticks her head in the hole to take a look.

Eleanor for a moment stood there trembling, simply staring at the dead body. She had just talked to him hours ago, was he always like that? Or had something changed him. Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw the black lines heading down towards the hole, quickly she turned around and ran back to the hole looking down it to see if she could see where the lines had gone. She shouted down to her companion hoping that she was all right.

"Are you ok down there Lilia?"
You bend down next to Harvey and [Agi=2] bonk heads with Lilia, hard. You both tumble into the pit and land in a heap.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2013, 04:16:07 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay out of the "hole of falling in and being injured and claustrophobic" for the time being. Hey where did Ms. Visionquest go?
Go check on our seer.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »

"Oh. Well, that's cool, I guess. On all counts. Guess I'll wait to see if anyone comes looking for me. What's underground, by the way?"

Ask quietly. Once answer is obtained, sit down on pew and mind own business.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2013, 04:36:26 pm »

Harvey smirks to himself looking at the pile of limbs before moving.

Drop down into the hole and help Lilia stand up, don't worry about Eleanor.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »

Almost out... this was working better than expected!  Of course Lilia had to smash into someone's face, and of course her concentration just had to be broken right as she was about to get out. 

"Ow..." she moans, rubbing the sore spot.  Levitation seemed quite useless when faced against solid objects in the way.

Lilia gets out of the tangle as quickly as possible and attempts to use her floaty powers~! levitation to whip her book at Harvey's face as he descends.  With all the practice she's gotten with it, it should work.  Once that's done, she backs away from the other bodies.  Especially Harvey.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »

(( Lol what are you blaming me for, I stopped you running into an enemy and thats all. Not my fault you fell flat on your ass trying to get out then floated into somebody else's face. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2013, 05:41:09 pm »

"Lilia you can make things fly!!! Float your lazy ass out of that hole damnit we're busy. Or did wetting yourself because of a little scream wipe your memory as well? "

((Tell me why that isn't a cause for my character to instantly dislike you, especially since she fell down your hole because you dug it over some idiotic molemen!  Not only that but she hates people that try too hard to converse with her.  :P ))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »

(( Fair point, although I should get points considering your total lack of anything resembling combat skills would probably have gotten you hurt if I hadn't stopped you climbing out. ))
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

"I am so sorry" Eleanor said as she tried to disentangle herself from the other girl "I-I didn't mean to head-butt you ,I was just making sure you were ok, I'm so sorry, are you hurt? I could try and heal you if you want" she said all of this very quickly barely taking a breath during all of it.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2013, 06:06:09 pm »

Normally Lilia would be flustered by someone repeatedly apologizing to her and quickly clam up, but so much had changed already that this didn't distract her at all from her current target.

"Fine.  I'm fine.  You're fine." she mumbles as she concentrates, showing a clear disengagement from Eleanor.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39