Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 9/Head of the Snake  (Read 14702 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 4.5 De-escalation
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 06:18:25 am »

"I petty, deal with it(Not looks, the other one)Now, do you know where an antivirus for this is-" Clair gesture at the fallen Oid "-or do I rewrite your code to play the same pop song in your head for the rest of your operation?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 06:53:05 am »

The terrorist seems remarkably amiable. She points to her shattered knee, which is actually an advanced prosthesis.

"I'm not an oid, you fool. I only got this replacement leg courtesy of our friendly government. Course they were the reason I lost my leg in the first place, but I'm not one to hold a grudge..." She says, using what can be considered extraordinarily black humor. "And they didn't give me any sort of counter to the virus. I didn't even know what it was till I set it off...so no help there, sorry." She looks up at the sky, as if bored.

Sirens are approaching, louder and louder.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2013, 09:07:16 am »

((Untrained Diplomacy checks for the win.))

"... Well, that's a shame. You should stay here then, but I better go get a better handle on the situation."

With that Striker walked past the Oid and activated ARM mode to fly him deeper into the park.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2013, 03:22:40 am »

STRIKER takes to the sky, a rushing burst of wind propelling him upwards and onwards.

The scene of the park is somewhat disconcerting. Signs of explosions...gunfire...many are downed, Oid and Hume alike. A pair of heavily armed oids-one of whom Striker immediately recognizes as the CLAIR unit he met earlier in cyberspace-are standing over a Human with a blown off leg, holding her at gunpoint.

As he watches further, the first of the medical response vans hovers in from the adjoining street-and stops, it's airbrakes giving a complaining whine...then it rolls over, going into an ungainly spin as if it's driver was suddenly driven mad-eventually striking a tree with thankfully little destructive force-but likely enough to require more response to help them out.

That's when he feels it. A pulsing signal, from the center of the park-deep in his mind. It looks like a stream of random numbers...but it's quite invasive, almost like...

Inside his mind, he screams.

Striker Will [2]+14=16 Vs DC 11

His numerous-and oft updated virus protection programs-quickly locate and neutralize the hostile signal before it can begin to erode his thought processing. Striker is struck with a volley of old memories and a shadow of fear...but, his sensors also warn him the threat is still around. He zeroes in-it's a small device in a basket, laid out in the center of park beside a man, sprawling stunned in the grass beside a rifle. His holographic armor suit still twitches and sparks.

Someone should really disable that viral bomb before more Oids are infected, he thinks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2013, 07:39:18 pm »

"...and you really think any plan that involves killing innocent people in a park is a plan that's going to make things better?" Riu asked sadly. "I feel really sorry for you."

She turned to CLAIR.

"I assume you can keep watch over her? I don't think anyone got the bomb yet."

Go try to disarm the bomb. Without damaging it, if possible; I want to leave evidence.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2013, 01:25:09 am »

The terrorist looks at you.

"Better? No, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Playing hero doesn't cut it out here in the real world. You need people like me, though you don't know it. A bomb is going to go off, somewhere, and if the best we can do is a quieter bomb, then we're still monsters...we're all triple six...sometimes a fire is going to just have to burn itself out..." She says quixotically, looking toward the sky.

---

RIU backtracks-the bomb in question is hardly more than a beacon to disgorge a violent and infectious code into the air. She reaches down and disables the power source by severing the wires with a scissoring motion of her fingers. Given the terrorists parting words, you wonder why it wasn't designed to be more lethal.

After a few moments, the signal thankfully stops.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2013, 03:09:24 am »

"...and you really think any plan that involves killing innocent people in a park is a plan that's going to make things better?" Riu asked sadly. "I feel really sorry for you."

She turned to CLAIR.

"I assume you can keep watch over her? I don't think anyone got the bomb yet."

Go try to disarm the bomb. Without damaging it, if possible; I want to leave evidence.
"No problem."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2013, 04:35:21 am »

((Will do turn 5 soon. Need Sentient Bowtie's action, if any. And Cripts if he can think of anything. I honestly only needed to get you all together. :P ))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2013, 09:01:44 am »

"What.. what's going on?"
*referring to virus*
Attempt to cure self of virus.
Black lives matter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2013, 10:42:48 am »

Striker was staggered from the virus that preyed at his mind. His defenses stopped it, at least they claimed to. They same way they might claim to do if they were defeated. He panicked momentary, turning and climbing higher into the sky, trying to get away from the source of the virus. A few moments later though the signal stopped.

Striker hesitated, then turned back to see that another Oid had calmly disabled the bomb. Striker turned back and floated down towards the ground, silently burning in shame from his panic and flight. It looked like the direct danger was over. He cranked up his ARMs and moved over to the crashed medical response vans, hoping he could help the driver.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 5 Fanatical Momentum
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2013, 06:09:22 am »

Arclite Industrial Park

Riu stands guard by the disarmed virus emitter, hoping it can be used as evidence. She can't help but notice the odd composition of the 'baskets'-which seem to be of an ordinary ceramic wood substitute-they seem to have some sort of scanner dampening material in the lining, which is why her cursory glance revealed nothing. She scans it in depth now, hoping the information will be of some use.

She preps the information packet for delivery to her home. Hopefully she can study it later.

1xUnindentified Stealth Material Sample sent to Scanner Station

Riu hears the heavy footsteps coming behind her, with no attempt at stealth.

It's OMLOM, the unfortunate decoy. Judging by the spasms in his limbs, he's heavily infected by the Virus. He all but falls at her feet.

Though paradoxically, his eyes are now calm. Of course, Oids shouldn't be able to read emotions in the lights of ones eyes...but, they can. He speaks to her sadly, though with great effort.

"OMLOM is so sorry. He never wanted to hurt anyone, but they promised...they lied. He will let the virus destroy him, and go into the Great Circuit once and forever. But, he will not go alone...you a Hero? Like of old times. No more heroes, any longer. But you were kind to me, when you should have suspected.

OMLOM will do one final duty."
He taps a few buttons on his arm, opening a pneumatic powered storage space in his chestplate. He reaches in, and takes an old fashioned data disk-which he hands to RIU gingerly.

"...OMLOM is old, but his recorders still work, and they did not think to disable the simplest ones. There are bad men in here, images and words. They did this. Perhaps a Hero like you can bring them to justice." He says, motioning to the destruction about you.

The old mechoid lies back down on the grass. Riu can feel death in the air, the culmination of a slow and painful one that's been long in coming.

"So...tired. Lived so long. Do not want to...die...not even now..."

---
Striker, feeling ashamed and off balance, nevertheless screws his courage and flies back down to the park-he makes a soft landing by the van, and proceeds to pry open the door.

Inside is a woman with a red hair, and a bulky Mechoid with a green cross on his helmet-like head. They're both wearing the uniforms of medical workers. The woman is conscious, but groggy-and the Mechoid is going into spasms violently, indicating he got the full brunt of the viral bomb.

He helps them both out, and it seems they are mostly uninjured physically.

The woman comforts her ailing partner, before turning to Striker. "Thank you, sir. Can I ask who did this? Did you see?" She asks, surveying the devastation.

---
Clair continues to watch the terrorist, who shows no reaction to whats going on around her. The Virus clicks around the inside of her skull like a hungry spider.

Will Save (1)+10=11 vs dc 11

Though she grits her teeth, she feels no pain.

The Terrorist finally looks back at Clair. Sighing. Breathing slowly.

"Hey, you're a combat oid, right? Though you look like a stripper.
Tell me, you were born a soldier. What's a soldiers final duty?"
She asks, her eyes sparking with an unreadable emotion.

Whatever your answer might be, you're interrupted by another burst transmission from Blair-it's one way, impossible for anyone to listen in on and it doesn't use the net, which can be corrupted or jammed. She can send the same back to him, though there is a small time delay.

"Clair! Clair! Come in? Are you active? I'm outgunned here...hate to ask for help...but, I'm gonna need you here...

Hydroponics Domes, now! I'm holding onto the west landing pad, but...outnumbered. Don't even hear sirens. Cut off from any help. Get here, get anyone, get everyone. If this isn't the main thrust of the attacks, I don't know what is.

Please, respond. Clair...please?"

There's a desperation you've never heard before in his voice.

---
Fox meanwhile, fights the virus within. His body momentarily goes still and the lights in his eyes dim.

Will Save (0)+5+17=23 vs dc 11

The Purge is working! Only a little bit more...

More PPD officers and medical responders arrive, followed by waves of heavily armed HOUNDS. Who one notes, are entirely late and bringing mass firepower into a situation where it's not needed. Like a hammer to kill a fly.

Striker and Clair notice small messages for them almost immediately-indicating the Grey is transmitting, somehow, on the secure government link used by the Hounds, military, and law enforcement.

This is Yen.
We're receiving reports of Situation defused. Good work.

Agent Clair has received some valuable information, we see...but there's also a situation developing in Zone 19, near Agent Septima's location. A rogue HOUND unit is about to perform something unforgivable against the civilian populace.

If you're going to help anyone, I suggest a rendezvous at either destination. We'll have transportation at your destination in 3 minutes ETA.

Also, I suggest you speak to the Fox animoid and RIU units and ask them to aid you-they're also potential recruits of ours, though they were meant for another team. They don't know about us yet. Convince them to help, if you like.

This is the Grey

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: RIU (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: FOX-01 (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Striker (click to show/hide)
---
Meanwhile...

The Harpyoid Echo, screeches in frustration.

"I don't know what a Spanesh Inquestion is, but you're getting in my way, now. And we HOUNDS know how to deal with traitors...OID unit, you're hereby ordered by Emergency Section TY68.B to disengage your weapon systems, and prepare for custody? ...no? After a mandatory 15 second warning period, I'm allowed to open fire. 7 Seconds to go."

She grins ferally, and her engines start up, as she hovers into the area.

Septima, of course, is prepared. She stands ready.

((Septima is fighting defensively, -4 to Attack, +2 to Defense. Adding a +2 bonus since she's using a weapon that fits in the circumstance. Decided to forgo the heavy recoil penalty, since she's only firing many low power shots, but heat will build.))

Approximately 7.2 seconds later (That Echo's internal chronometer is off by so much is fairly worrying) Septima sees the wings front ports open up-and layers of what looks like mortar shells begin appearing in the gun slots.

"Times up!"

Initiative
Septima (0)+10=10 VS Echo (1)+13=14

Round 1
Echo Attack
(10)+12=22 vs Septima's Defense 25 *Dodge!*

Septima's Attack
(6)+11=17 vs Echo Defense 21 *Dodge!*

The first volley is almost thematically explosive and utterly anticlimactic-the Harpyoid fires dozens of small, red tipped rockets with long streamer lights in Septima's general direction, screeching with anger. Septima's arm cannon responds with a barrage of plasma shots, each one taking down a rocket in a burst of sparks and flame.

When the smoke clears, neither of them are harmed.

"...Y-y-you're in for it now! My friends are going to be here soon!" Echo says, attempting to ascend higher into the air, and likely attempting to call her teammates...

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Septima (click to show/hide)

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Echo (click to show/hide)

((Long wait, short turn :P
Anyway, moving on!
Trying to add all the game mechanics in the third post-this is based off of D&D, so if you need something added, just ask.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:41:11 am by Dwarmin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2013, 06:46:52 am »

"Wh- hey, maybe... maybe I can do something to help? It's never too late to try to make things better... you shouldn't give up like that. Even if you don't succeed, there's merit in trying."

Stash disk somewhere safe, see if there's some way I can repair or cleanse OMLOM.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2013, 07:12:03 am »

RIU stashes the disk in the internal storage tank in her left leg-no one can get into it, short of physically blowing her apart and picking it up from amongst the wreckage.

"...even if OMLOM lives, he is a traitor. They will not allow him to live. They will take him away, like they did his friends." The Old oid says, with a pained sigh from his vocoder.

She frowns, thinking over the problem. Aside from the obvious, her scans indicate invasive mental and physical problems in OMLOM. It's not just a matter of not trying-she doubts he could even willfully save himself, at this point...the only way to save him would be for her to extract Omlom's 'Blackbox'-his core CPU-and hopefully have it implanted into another Oid-body, after a through systems cleansing. But there's no assurance he'll even survive the trauma of being physically transplanted. Many Oids die due to system shock in such a manner, especially the older ones-which is why many of them prefer to stay in their bodies and refuse the procedure, preferring to fall apart in quiet dignity as the Oids they always were, rather than die attempting to become something different.

It's a sad irony of sentience-Oids must age mentally, much as any living being. At some point, they begin to suffer all the pains and dementia's of any living being who has gone on long enough. And since their physical bodies and consciousness last far longer than any being has a right to live, they must endure it all much, much longer.

She looks down at at the dying Oid once more and wonders if he can be saved.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:23:10 am by Dwarmin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2013, 07:40:14 am »

"...well... if I salvaged your core CPU, there's a chance. You might not survive it, and I don't know when or where I'd be able to get you another body from, but... it's an option."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2013, 07:44:11 am »

Continue purging myself.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16