Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 9/Head of the Snake  (Read 14700 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 2: Food for Thought
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2013, 03:41:33 pm »

"Observation - I think you're looking at this the wrong way. We're not putting our lives on the line for this organization. Their entire structure is built so that you can contribute as little or as much as you want, it appears, nobody's forcing you to do anything. And your assumption that small groups can't save innocents is straight up faulty. A single person can save innocents."

She pauses, pondering a few scenarios.

"Estimate - This is only going to blow up in your face if the Government goes up against the Grey. Then again, I don't think you'll be safe in your civilian life once the conflict hits that stage.
'course, this is really your choice. Shouldn't tiptoe around the issue, if you sign up for this, you might sustain critical damage. Only do this if you really want to."
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2013, 04:47:50 pm »

"I'd better check this out," Fox says to himself.
Ready Tailcannon, even though it probably won't do much good.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:42:54 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2013, 07:41:20 pm »

Riu raised her hands in a calming gesture, though she knew a situation getting out of hand when she saw one. She glanced nervously at the approaching officer, hoping he wouldn't make things any worse.

"Listen, I'm... I don't know anything about your friends, okay? But if you are sick you can't just leave it, you need... treatment or something, right? You don't want to end up hurting others just because you're afraid, do you?"

Attempt to calm and scan mechoid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2013, 12:27:12 am »

Striker thinks on what Septima said for several moments before replying.

"I suppose you are mostly correct. I don't believe that poorly organized cells can help a city of seventeen million inhabitants, but maybe they can help someone. And that would be enough."

Striker then turns to the walls of the virtual room and talks.

"I will agree to at least try this. To see if you people can truly help someone. But if I don't like what I see I am going to walk out. And if I truly disagree with what you are doing I make no promises to not try my hardest to stop you."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2013, 04:21:24 am »

"I don't which side I'm for so a grey side seem like a good place to watch from till I know." Clair look around "Still, I want to say if this 'Grey' turn out to be evil, I thought of it as a possibility first."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2013, 04:50:25 am »

Striker thinks on what Septima said for several moments before replying.

"I suppose you are mostly correct. I don't believe that poorly organized cells can help a city of seventeen million inhabitants, but maybe they can help someone. And that would be enough."

Striker then turns to the walls of the virtual room and talks.

"I will agree to at least try this. To see if you people can truly help someone. But if I don't like what I see I am going to walk out. And if I truly disagree with what you are doing I make no promises to not try my hardest to stop you."

Yen materializes once more.

"We would expect no less, Striker.

Now, I sense all of you are in more or less agreement-though, I will meet with Septima soon enough as she wishes.

You wanted to know, how so few could change so much? The right people...the right time...can change the course of history. Allow me to provide you an example. Judhe for yourselves."

She turns around, motioning at the adjoining blank space-a thin wall assembles itself there, from pieces of the air around you-a pretty effect, like glass breaking in reverse. The wall itself, displays a large pie chart-about 75% is covered in thick red and 25% in light green.

"This is the mathematics of apocalypse. The combined statistical probability that Pardisum will cease to function as a society within in a years time. It's a collection of events, places, people, information-gathered, analyzed and cross referenced. Our greatest statisticians constantly process every events, every scrap of intelligence to produce these numbers." She says grimly. Yen touches a small part of the pie, about 5%-and a vidscreen pops up. It shows a heavy man in a suit walking out of a courtroom, encircled by press. Most of you who follow the news recognize him vaguely. He's the Kingpin of the Rondello's-a criminal family with power to rival any corporation. He was recently found not guilty in a what many thought was highy suspect verdict-a 12 juror conviction overturned at the last moment by the Paradisum Court of Appeals in an emergency session..

"Let me provide this specific example. We've determined Mr. Rondello is, in fact, exacerbating the conflict for his own desires, playing both sides. He's part of the equation which will lead to millions of deaths and widescale misery, though I doubt he thinks of it that way."

She lifts two more screens from the air.

One shows him eating a sumptuous lunch with the Senators from Zones 5, 11 and 14-taken by the restaurant surveillance.
The other is him shaking hands with a Humoid in Rebel Gear-he has the eight points band on his arm. He motions to crates of weapons behind him-Pdef Rifles and Missile Launchers, neat rows of grenades, racks of Energy blades. The camera is a wide angle lens, that perhaps only Septima recognizes as a 'Flycam' drone.

"He imagines himself a God playing with mortals. He'll sell weapons to whatever side needs them. Sell information, often to both sides, to cause as much damage as possible. He even has taking to staging the casual violence of his career as either rebel or government activity, and leak the news to hungry journalists. And neither side wishes to alienate him-preferring the proverbial Devil they know. He is protected by the high and the low. Don't take my word for it. I'll give you all copies of the information we've collected to peruse and validate, and collate with your own research.

This man needs to be stopped...but, like the many headed hydra, his organization is surprisingly resistant to direct attack. We have other means prepared.

Your team, in this case, would play a very small part of the operation we would undertake to remove him. But, it would be a vital part. As I have said-the Grey is made of many people, high and low. You're not the only ones working to bring about peace in Paradisium.

And, if we are successful? The probability shifts in our direction. That is how we view our mission. We can't save the world, not by ourselves. But we can help...we can give Paradisum a better chance for the future.

I personally cannot imagine doing otherwise in these times."
She says, the slightest emotion striking her facade.
---

Riu raised her hands in a calming gesture, though she knew a situation getting out of hand when she saw one. She glanced nervously at the approaching officer, hoping he wouldn't make things any worse.

"Listen, I'm... I don't know anything about your friends, okay? But if you are sick you can't just leave it, you need... treatment or something, right? You don't want to end up hurting others just because you're afraid, do you?"

Attempt to calm and scan mechoid.

Social Roll 10+10=20 vs 15
Perception Roll 10+9=19 vs 10

Your words seem to strike him, and he stops stepping back.

"Omlom...does not hurt...but, you must...stop..."

At the same time, your deep scanner gives you a ream of information. It cross references it with the net...

Model=LOM (Licensed Oid Medic)
Addm=Designated Combat Mech/Medic (Retired)
Chassis=Titanium Ceramic Noncombat Alloy, 78% Degradation Detected~Microfissures suggest complete system failure without imminent repairs
Addition= No weapons, No defensive Devices, Minimal Scanner/Communication ability.
Techscan=No Corruption Detected
Indepth=Locomoters have undergone extensive retrofitting and repairs. Old damage indicative of explosive device detected below waist. Slight spike in body temp, possible core reactor issue.

*Scan Complete*

Your scanner don't detect any obvious corruption of his internals-though physically, the Poor Mechoid is falling apart at the seams. He needs a mechbay.

Now he's just looking at you, calmed down somewhat. You're about to say something to him, when you hear the gunfire behind you. And a grenade. Water and dirt and maybe something else splashes all around you, and you realize this happening-right now.

Bdoombdoombdoom

Your unconscious senses tell you what you didn't see and still don't, but what must be happening. The odd and awkward couple with the picnic baskets have drawn weapons and begun to fire them. And a moment later, you hear a high, reedy voice-sick with fear and hideous gloating whine.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité!" He shouts-punctuating his words with bursts of gunfire. The female to his side is suspiciously less brazen, though her gun is no less silent. The phrase he speaks is of the Eight Points, what is considered one of the largest rebels groups-perhaps even the leader of the movement. You're not sure what freedom and equality have to do with gunning down innocent people in a park, thought.

You hear screams and shouts-how many people have been hit?

Omlom looks at you sadly. "Omlom is sorry...was needed for...distraction...no forgive...Omlom..." He says, slumping down onto the grass. Maybe even dying.

You hit the ground in a roll, not actually wasting more than a second processing all of this.

You hear a hovering noise behind you, like a tiny helicopter.

"I'd better check this out," Fox says to himself.
Ready Tailcannon, even though it probably won't do much good.

You're hovering over the scene and get a fairly good look, drawing your tailcannon. It's not good. Two crazy people are firing rifles seemingly randomly in the park-shooting at anyone who shows their heads. A man, shouting and screaming-and a woman, who interspeds her gunfire to either pass ammo or ready grenades, which she throws randomly-and she's also manipulating something in one of the larger baskets, a device of some sort. At least a half dozen people are taking cover, afraid to run. Another half dozen are wounded or dead. You spot a RIU model taking cover in the grass beside a large Mechoid who seems to have been shot-he's not moving, anyway. A youngish PPD officer is firing at the duo of rebels from behind the fountain in the center of the park.

Worst of all, someone has tossed a grenade into the duck pond, for some reason. This makes you very sad and very angry-compared to violence around them, the madness of this sudden act, the sight of a the roboducks honking sadly over their slain mates and friends fills you with misery.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 2.5: The Democratic Process
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2013, 08:15:31 am »

Riu's mind reeled as she realized what was happening. Using a crippled mechoid to distract an officer so they could shoot people in a park?

Why?

Everything had suddenly gone wrong for no reason. And these were supposed to be the good guys...

Out came her revolver. She needed to stop them, and that probably meant disabling them. Hopefully they didn't intend to blow themselves up if captured or anything like that...

She even briefly considered just rushing them. She could probably take a few shots...but she figured that might be too risky. She wasn't familiar enough with the situation- or indeed, combat in general- to say what would or wouldn't work. For the moment, just trying to shoot their legs out looked like her only hope. At the very least, that'd probably grab their attention.

Shoot to disable the attackers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2013, 10:08:21 am »

Set Tailcannon to stun (if I can do that) and shoot the attackers.
If it's only one setting, shoot around them to distract them.
Black lives matter.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:35 pm »

"Concern - I hope you know what you're doing. I don't like your chances if this man smells your involvement. I am truly curious how you plan to accomplish such a feat - and the complete breakdown of your statistician's work, for the matter - , but until I'm an official associate of yours I'll rein in my curiosity."

She pauses, then creates a small text document with no small amount of hand gestures. It's clear that even this simple cyberspace trick is a considerable challenge for her.

"This file contains the details of our meeting. Feel free to shredder it after you're done."

Spoiler: Rendezvous note (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2013, 05:43:06 am »

"So what is the plan?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2013, 04:51:23 pm »

"Fact - I don't what your plan is. Personally, I'm not available for today and most of tomorrow. Right now, I'd advise waiting. I think we're not quite finished here, yet, so don't log out just now. Perhaps you could ask Yen for a list of missions, or a briefing?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2013, 05:01:26 pm »

Clair look at Septima as best a ball of light can "I was asking Yen. She made it sound like there was a mission ready."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »

"So what is the plan?"

Clair

Yen turns to you, but as she opens her mouth, no sound comes out. Then she freezes in place. Then the world stops moving. You are immediately struck with a feeling of falling at great velocity, then...disconnection.

You open your 'eyes' to chaos. You're back in the Arclite barracks-and whereas before, you were pretty much alone, now soldiers of all stripes run about in a semblance of order and confusion. An alarm klaxon blares, lights flash. Your internal chronometer says you were in cyberspace for only about 15 minutes real time. Apparently you were forcibly disconnected...

You open your HUD in depth without delay, tuning to the Arclite security channel-they haven't restricted your access yet.

Quote from: !!Alert!!
Shots fired in Vicinity of Arclite Industrial Park
Possibly three shooters or more
General Evacuation Order 7.4 in Effect-all non/coms proceed to Arcsafe Bunker. All Combat units hold at assigned
checkpoints and await further orders.
Cyberspace Hardlinks restricted
Scrambling HOUND defense network

That was the park you were just at.

Normally, you'd be inclined-almost forced-by Arclites programming to obey their orders...

But, you don't work for them anymore.

---

"Concern - I hope you know what you're doing. I don't like your chances if this man smells your involvement. I am truly curious how you plan to accomplish such a feat - and the complete breakdown of your statistician's work, for the matter - , but until I'm an official associate of yours I'll rein in my curiosity."

She pauses, then creates a small text document with no small amount of hand gestures. It's clear that even this simple cyberspace trick is a considerable challenge for her.

"This file contains the details of our meeting. Feel free to shredder it after you're done."

Spoiler: Rendezvous note (click to show/hide)

Striker and Septima watch Clair snap out of existence, her afterimage ghost trailing away into particles.

Yen seems to nod to herself.

"...we've lost contact with her hardline at Arclite HQ. Judging by the news, there's some sort of...attack...multiple vectors. A shooting in the industrial park. But it's just a distraction."

She looks at the both you-Striker and Septima.

"We'll meet at the appointed time. I have work to do now...and perhaps, so do you. I can warn you this is only part of a larger assault."

Yen wastes no more time. In a moment, she fades away completely-and the room likewise becomes inert, small bits and bites stilling their ceaseless movement-the order and logic here a facade to the chaos going on outside, in the real world. Your world.

----
Arclite Industrial Park

Hell rages against Heaven. The tranquility of the park broken by screams, shouts, explosions, dying.

Riu scrunches herself in the grass, lying down to make herself less of a target. She doesn't want to kill them...though they may certainly deserve it.

She quickly analyzed the threats [1d2=1] and decides the male is far more reckless in his shooting. He's more likely to harm a civilian, so he goes down first.

Riu doesn't need to pull the trigger. She merely wills it to do so, and the commands travel from her complex electronic brain, to the simplistic firearms brain. It responds.

*Pfooo*

Attack [9]+10= vs Def 19 *Hit!* ((Ties always go to the attacker, or one who struck first))
Damage 1d3-1=1x2=2

Riu frowns as the shot bounces off some sort...shield...? No, it's a type of holographic armor. Not very tough, but more than enough to deflect most of her shots-still, he didn't see it coming...he staggers back, somehow seeming surprised (amazingly) that someone is firing back at him.

He and his partner look at you and sneer, raising their rifles...

Attack [9]+7=16 vs Def 10 *Hit!*
Damage 1d3=2
Attack [9]+5=14 vs Def 10 *Hit!*
Damage 1d3=1

Without the benefit of armor, you're forced to duck and weave-and several rounds carom off your chassis, causing ringing whines. You frown as your beautiful dress is obliterated with high energy rifle rounds-leaving only your armored skin, which thankfully can alter its colors and shape to avoid violating indecency laws. You roughly look like you're some sort of sports player now, with thick inertial dampening pads over most of your body.

-30% Energy
Pretty Dress Destoyed

You hear the hovering noise behind you grow louder, punctuated with a few sharp zaps-similar to an energy weapon. It seems to make the duo of terrorists angry.

Quote from: Sneak Attack
When attacking from surprise or firing with a concealed weapon on the first shot, a SNEAK ATTACK does double damage and ignores DEF bonuses granted by armor.
---

Fox sets his cannon to low, non-lethal power, hovering carefully.

You watch as a Humoid in a dress pulls her revolver and fires at the male terrorist, striking him in the chest-they return fire, striking her several times! You decide to help...

Attack [16]+12=28 vs Def 19 *Hit!*
Crit Threat [10]+2=12 vs Def 19 *Nope!*
Damage 1d2=2

The man is knocked onto his back, but not out...he slowly rises. The PDP officer senses his moment though, and rises from the fountain, heavy pistol drawn...

Attack [12]+16=28 vs Def 19 *Hit!*
Damage 1d4=1

The shot overloads the mans armor and sends him to the ground, convulsing with the full force of an electoshock bullet.

One down.

The female terrorist, sensing the tide turning, abandons her gun and concentrates fully on the strange device still hidden in her basket.

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: RIU (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: FOX-01 (click to show/hide)

[IIIII]
Spoiler: PPD Officer (click to show/hide)

HOSTILES DETECTED

[IIIII]

[IIIII]

((OOC: Hmm, You know I'll make it easy. If you specify non-lethal, then when you beat an enemy you can choose to knock them out instead of destroying them most of the time-nothing extra required. I'll assume every Oid was trained to do that at some point))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 3 Disconnection
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2013, 01:19:53 pm »

Listening to the alarms, Clair thinks for a moment. She has no reason to go, but a phase come up, All it takes for evil to succeed is for a few good men to do nothing. A little out of date, but the quote still held up. Viewing herself as a 'good man' she thought of what she should do.

An attack in a park make no sense unless it a terror attack or a distraction. Since she lack information, she couldn't work out the true target, but she could assume that the sooner it's finished, the better. Also she like fighting so that a plus.

Suiting up, she headed for the park.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 3 Disconnection
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2013, 03:24:18 pm »

"That was a nice dress.. that jerk."
Fly down and attempt to grab the basket out of her hand- it's probably some sort of explosive device.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:58:58 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16